Who now?

GibbytheHibby

Bounce Radge
I have no idea where Hibs are gonna go next but like a few others I don't want Stubbs. His league performance wasn't great.

After hearing Sunderland fans tell us Jack Ross is negative and play's one up front and gets mainly draws. Just had and got rid of that so no thanks.

Strachan I think can sometimes be a wee dick tae. I remember watching him in after game interviews and he came accross an arrogant wee fudd. His record ain't great either beyond Celtic.

John Collins I say why not? One thing we will get is fitness plus "passing, moving and tempo". But I feel he has unfinished business and knows the Scottish game.

My outsider would be Scott Gemill. Currently at Scotland u21s and surely knows a few hungry young Scottish players we could scoop up. A risk maybe worth taking.

John Hughes can GTF
Disagree with your comment on Stubbs. The football was better under him than Lennon in the Championship. And Lennon only gained 1 point more...

The rest - I agree with 😬

Green juventine

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Pedantic moment (I think)... you're the second one here talking about managers to say "cut his cloth"... but I think you mean "cut his teeth", don't you?

But if your circumstances change, you then "cut your cloth accordingly".

Or have I been abroad too long? :102:
Cut your losses. Got rid of Heckingbottom!

Green juventine

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
If players are as unfit as a lot of people suggest and people want to see good attractive football why wouldn't John Collins be a candidate.
Okay he may have been out the game for a while but it's not like he'd be playing he'd still know how to manage a team.
Okay we all know he likes things done his way but if a manager knows what he's doing it's his job to manage and the players to do as they're told. It didn't work with Heckingbottom sure but he was clueless.
Training twice a day with the ball at your feet isn't a bad thing, we're not talking about running up and down Gullane sand dunes.
He has bags of experience as a player, internationalist, club level home and abroad.
Don't think you'd get the the players rebellion that happened when Broonie and Riordan were there and I think the board would back him this time.

MSG_07

Bounce Radge
For those asking for Collins to return, what would be any different? He's another like Lennon that grew frustrated with the clubs limitations and the fact he couldn't get the signings he was after. His man management skills are also questionable with the player revolt. He's been out of the game for a while now and his record at club level is worse than Jack Ross. I can't see the appeal in bringing him back.

Jack

Gray Boot Sponsor
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
For those asking for Collins to return, what would be any different? He's another like Lennon that grew frustrated with the clubs limitations and the fact he couldn't get the signings he was after. His man management skills are also questionable with the player revolt. He's been out of the game for a while now and his record at club level is worse than Jack Ross. I can't see the appeal in bringing him back.
He didn't get the signings he was after because he didn't tell the club what signings he wanted.

He was asked to provide a list of players but nothing was given to the club before he left.

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
EEN saying today Hibs are "open to a foreign manager" and won't be rushing the appointment. Personally I really hope we don't go down the foreign route. I can never understand why clubs in this country have such a fascination with bringing in managers from abroad. There are plenty of very good scottish managers...for me we need someone in who knows the scottish game.

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
EEN saying today Hibs are "open to a foreign manager" and won't be rushing the appointment. Personally I really hope we don't go down the foreign route. I can never understand why clubs in this country have such a fascination with bringing in managers from abroad. There are plenty of very good scottish managers...for me we need someone in who knows the scottish game.
Let's be honest, it's always a lottery when a new manager is chosen....there's been great foreign coaches and bad Scottish ones as well as the other way around. As long as they try and instill a reasonably attractive football philosophy I'll be happy enough, no matter where they're from.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
I don’t think where the manager was born is the issue; it’s not having experience of Scottish football prior is the big no-no for me.

and this is the bit I don't get - ask our recruitment team about any player playing in England and they would have info on them. I don’t think phb was bothered about the Scottish market prior to him coming here - and there’s a lot of players in our team that would have strengthenedhis championship sides.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Just paper talk.
Hibs tell the gutter press fcukall. And rightly so. The way the SSM report on our club is nothing short of a disgrace with their weedgiecentric attitude.

Some 'reporter' will have been fishing and Hibs will either ignore or play with a straight bat.
"We are open to anyone who we think will do a good job"

Hardly a scoop, but bored journos will attempt to turn it into a "Hibs havenae learned their lesson and they won't employ anyone who knows about Scottish fitba'."

I don't care who the manager is - I just want a football team again.

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
What I do know is Collins would get the squad fitter than they have ever been and I think Miller is a sensible type who could make a good assistant.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
What I do know is Collins would get the squad fitter than they have ever been and I think Miller is a sensible type who could make a good assistant.
Was it not Roger Propos who was the fitness guru?
Collins brought him in from Fulham and he was a real gym bunny.

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I hope we don't go overseas for a training camp. They never work for us.

Jack

Gray Boot Sponsor
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Auld pals network swinging in behind Yogi lol

Yesterday it was Kano, today it's Brian Rice!

Can Hibs not just give the Former Players Association more feckin freebies?

Hibs1337

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
I honestly think Kenny Miller would do a decent job for us on the park just now let alone coaching

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Auld pals network swinging in behind Yogi lol

Yesterday it was Kano, today it's Brian Rice!

Can Hibs not just give the Former Players Association more feckin freebies?
TBF Yogi has a decent CV. However, he's not now right for us IMO.

Hibs v Motherwell