Who now?

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
He has done a good job at Hamilton, for whatever reason though i don't think he will be in the frame.
I just wondered. We won’t be touching him with a barge pole.

francksauce4

Bounce Radge
Some rather worrying names being shortlisted in the press which I hope is mere scaremongering - Jim Magilton, the Australian National team coach, Edinburgh City boss....! Lets not do anything rash here

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Screenshot_20191105-123854_Twitter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Some rather worrying names being shortlisted in the press which I hope is mere scaremongering - Jim Magilton, the Australian National team coach, Edinburgh City boss....! Lets not do anything rash here
None of them will be in the frame. James McDonagh in few years maybe. He has done a great job at Edinburgh City but he will need to cut his cloth at at least two much higher level clubs before he would be in with a chance of landing the Hibs job at any time. Good lad though and a huge Hibs man.

pq123

Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Do any of the senior players (Gray, McGregor, Whittaker etc) have their coaching badges?

PQ123

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Would be more than happy with Jack Ross. His St Mirren side - languishing at the bottom of the table - outplayed Neil Lennon's Hibs home and away at the tail end of the 2016/17 season.

Failing that, Strachan and A.N.Other combo could work with a view to the younger guy taking the reigns in the long term. This is probably the less risky option come to think of it.

Plasticman

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Jack Ross would be my choice too - the only problem is that he took a while at both Alloa and St. Mirren to get things clicking, and I wonder if we have three or four months to play with whilst he beds in, or would those months prove terminal?

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
None of them will be in the frame. James McDonagh in few years maybe. He has done a great job at Edinburgh City but he will need to cut his cloth at at least two much higher level clubs before he would be in with a chance of landing the Hibs job at any time. Good lad though and a huge Hibs man.
Pedantic moment (I think)... you're the second one here talking about managers to say "cut his cloth"... but I think you mean "cut his teeth", don't you?

But if your circumstances change, you then "cut your cloth accordingly".

Or have I been abroad too long? :102:

Daddy 'O' Hibee

The Hibee Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
I would take Collins back the guy wants to see fitba played the right way .
Jack Ross would be my choice too - the only problem is that he took a while at both Alloa and St. Mirren to get things clicking, and I wonder if we have three or four months to play with whilst he beds in, or would those months prove terminal?
This fact applies to any successful candidate. Fans could turn after a few games. Pressures on at Hibs. This group of players need to get motivated and organised.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Do any of the senior players (Gray, McGregor, Whittaker etc) have their coaching badges?

PQ123
Whitty does.
Daz and Sir David are currently doing so, along with Bartman

Jack

Gray Boot Sponsor
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Steve Clarke might be available after the international break!

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Pedantic moment (I think)... you're the second one here talking about managers to say "cut his cloth"... but I think you mean "cut his teeth", don't you?

But if your circumstances change, you then "cut your cloth accordingly".

Or have I been abroad too long? :102:
Aye...your right !...not having a good day !

Callumnapier

Bounce Radge
I assure you I understand why you would say get rid of so-called scouts and coaches but if we did that then we'd be leaving ourselves wide open to allowing every other club to get well ahead of us because they have no intention of clearing out their scouting and coaching staff. Up until the PHB debacle, we have had a good return from our scouts and coaches, imo. George Craig and his squad were responsible for getting Stubbs and Lennon; aye, okay, Leanne as well. Coaches-wise, May, Murray, Makel and their squad of Combe, Evans, Nishy and others are all well respected, as our youngsters are still amongst the best, and now that the inflexible PHB had gone, I would expect the likes of Fraser Murray, Innes Murray, Ben Stirling and one or two others to be pushed towards the first team squad. I'm not an apologist for our scouts and coaches, but I do think PHB's tenure has tarred everyone with the same brush. As others have said elsewhere in the discussions on the amount of staff we have, a lot of very good work goes on by people who get little or no praise or recognition for what they do.
I get what you’re saying but the youngsters coming through really are not that great. I’d be surprised if the ones you have mentoined make it as regular first team players.
As for The scouts I personally haven’t been impressed by any of our permanent signings for a long time. McNulty and Omeonga were both loans who we couldn’t retain. We haven’t had good transfer windows the maybe last 3 occasions and Hecky continued with the mediocre results that Lennon was getting before he left. I just think the problem lies than more with just the manager.

WJC1848

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
I get what you’re saying but the youngsters coming through really are not that great. I’d be surprised if the ones you have mentoined make it as regular first team players.
As for The scouts I personally haven’t been impressed by any of our permanent signings for a long time. McNulty and Omeonga were both loans who we couldn’t retain. We haven’t had good transfer windows the maybe last 3 occasions and Hecky continued with the mediocre results that Lennon was getting before he left. I just think the problem lies than more with just the manager.
And I totally respect your take on things. But I feel we have perhaps two or three youngsters who are knocking at the door. Another Bouncer was at the Development game today and he was pleased with the performance of a few of them. I feel the youngsters have been given practically no encouragement these last six months. PHB had a few in the early-season friendlies, but they got no further, but I would prefer to "persevere" with a coupla our own laddies than watch the guff served up by some of his signings.

Hibs v Motherwell