Who now?

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Media speculation will probably become slight better informed in the next few days and there may be applications or there may be someone the board has already identified.

So who do you want, or don't want, or think might be a call?

I'm not convinced Gordon Strachan would want the job

I'm not convinced that Jack Ross has that great a record

I'd be quite tempted by Darren Fletcher

I'm not feeling it for any number of northern Irish managers - Robinson, O' Neil, O' Neil, Wright etc etc

I'd have quite liked Lambert but apparently he has a job. I think Alex Neil would be good too, but he's rocking it at Preston just now.

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Despite the once bitten of a manager who's not experienced up here, I'd like to see us appoint Paul Tisdale or Martin Rennie.

MSG_07

Bounce Radge
Don't understand why folk would want Strachan. Did pretty much heehaw with teams outwith Celtic in a management capacity.

Cabbageman

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
A lot of folk doubting Jack Ross based on his time at Sunderland, need to remember that Chris Coleman couldn't get them going and he got Wales to a European Championship semi-final. Poisoned chalice is an understatement, Sunderland as a club are still fucked and the pressure obviously gets to their managers when they're literally expected by the fans to win every game.

That said I would still prefer Robinson. The Daily Shiterag has Shefki Kuqi supposedly in the running :lauff:

Callumnapier

Bounce Radge
Jack Ross worries me slightly, another who doesn’t play two up top and his record at Sunderland wasn’t great. Wouldn’t go for Stubbs as I don’t think he could turn this round and would hate to see his legacy ruined.
Best shout I’ve seen so far is Strachan with Fletcher as assistant who would eventually take over but I couldn’t see that happening in a million years.
The issues lie a lot further than the manager I think we need a clear out of these “scouts” and coaches who we never see or here much of but should take some responsibility for what has happened recently.

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I actually don't care. This campaign has really changed the level that I care any more. Strange feeling.

Daddy 'O' Hibee

The Hibee Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
My gut feeling is Jack Ross will be the next manager. Soon see.

Two Headed Boy

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I'm another in the dubious about Ross camp. I just don't see what he offers that is that special? Getting St Mirren up is not a remarkable achievement they are a classic yo-yo club and he had a good squad. So you really have to focus on his Sunderland stint... If it is to be him I'd love to be proven wrong but I really think Ross is a bigger risk than some would believe.

I've mentioned Martin O'Neill on a few of these threads before as my ideal appointment, but anyone who has played, managed and achieved at a high level is a must and they must understand the stature of the club they are coming to.

Cabbageman

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Whoever it is I hope we appoint someone fairly quickly to give them a good shot at getting up to speed during the international break

toiletrim

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Despite the once bitten of a manager who's not experienced up here, I'd like to see us appoint Paul Tisdale or Martin Rennie.
Martin Rennie would end up being our very own Cathro. I saw enough Whitecaps games when he was coaching them to form the opinion that he is honking. I get your point but can we afford another leftfield appointment right now ?

JK99

Bounce Radge
I’ve seen some shite written about who we should go for - we need to be realistic. Are we going to pay money to take someone from a club that is performing? Probably not.

People writing Jack Ross off because of his time at Sunderland - any manager on the market at the moment is out of work for a reason, sometimes roles don’t work out or you can also be found out. I find it weird that the Stubbs Brigade would welcome him back but by using their own logic, he should be written off after his time at Rotherham.

I hope LD does things properly this time. She can’t be blinded by PowerPoint presentations and good chat. See who is interested, get them in to discuss their plans but also tap into some trusted sources for feedback. Hopefully we can get someone that fits in with the traditions of the club and the style. I’d love to see us playing decent football again, taking some chances and having a go instead of the turgid shite we’ve seen recently.

WJC1848

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
The issues lie a lot further than the manager I think we need a clear out of these “scouts” and coaches who we never see or here much of but should take some responsibility for what has happened recently.
I assure you I understand why you would say get rid of so-called scouts and coaches but if we did that then we'd be leaving ourselves wide open to allowing every other club to get well ahead of us because they have no intention of clearing out their scouting and coaching staff. Up until the PHB debacle, we have had a good return from our scouts and coaches, imo. George Craig and his squad were responsible for getting Stubbs and Lennon; aye, okay, Leanne as well. Coaches-wise, May, Murray, Makel and their squad of Combe, Evans, Nishy and others are all well respected, as our youngsters are still amongst the best, and now that the inflexible PHB had gone, I would expect the likes of Fraser Murray, Innes Murray, Ben Stirling and one or two others to be pushed towards the first team squad. I'm not an apologist for our scouts and coaches, but I do think PHB's tenure has tarred everyone with the same brush. As others have said elsewhere in the discussions on the amount of staff we have, a lot of very good work goes on by people who get little or no praise or recognition for what they do.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I have no idea where Hibs are gonna go next but like a few others I don't want Stubbs. His league performance wasn't great.

After hearing Sunderland fans tell us Jack Ross is negative and play's one up front and gets mainly draws. Just had and got rid of that so no thanks.

Strachan I think can sometimes be a wee dick tae. I remember watching him in after game interviews and he came accross an arrogant wee fudd. His record ain't great either beyond Celtic.

John Collins I say why not? One thing we will get is fitness plus "passing, moving and tempo". But I feel he has unfinished business and knows the Scottish game.

My outsider would be Scott Gemill. Currently at Scotland u21s and surely knows a few hungry young Scottish players we could scoop up. A risk maybe worth taking.

John Hughes can GTF

shankssaysno

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
The guy at murderwell , was my first thought. But people are right why spend a fee on a gamble. So now i am turning towards Collins , Rod is now out the picture , so that wouldn't be a issue , it's getting the right assistant along side him is the problem, maybe the guy's that were with Stubbs, a wee mish mash of personality's keep JC's ego in check

Westside Green

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
A lot of folk doubting Jack Ross based on his time at Sunderland, need to remember that Chris Coleman couldn't get them going and he got Wales to a European Championship semi-final. Poisoned chalice is an understatement, Sunderland as a club are still fucked and the pressure obviously gets to their managers when they're literally expected by the fans to win every game.

That said I would still prefer Robinson. The Daily Shiterag has Shefki Kuqi supposedly in the running :lauff:
Don't think Kuqi could run anywhere.

Boo

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
I want John Collins as manager and strachan as assistant both want the best for our amazing football club
Agreed great shout an intelligent and articulate guy who played and understands classy football 👍💚

Boo

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
I have no idea where Hibs are gonna go next but like a few others I don't want Stubbs. His league performance wasn't great.

After hearing Sunderland fans tell us Jack Ross is negative and play's one up front and gets mainly draws. Just had and got rid of that so no thanks.

Strachan I think can sometimes be a wee dick tae. I remember watching him in after game interviews and he came accross an arrogant wee fudd. His record ain't great either beyond Celtic.

John Collins I say why not? One thing we will get is fitness plus "passing, moving and tempo". But I feel he has unfinished business and knows the Scottish game.

My outsider would be Scott Gemill. Currently at Scotland u21s and surely knows a few hungry young Scottish players we could scoop up. A risk maybe worth taking.

John Hughes can GTF
F k Jack Ross no thanks - I want positive management , winning yes of course but entertaining play JC please

Hibs v Motherwell