• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Who do you fancy in the next round?

That's all very well and rallying and stuff, K, but we've not beaten them in getting on for a year now. Would you really back us right now? Sounds more like empty bravado at the moment.

Yes I would. We've got good players. Have they got better? I don't think so. They are pish.

Yes I would. We've got good players. Have they got better? I don't think so. They are pish.
I'm not saying they're brilliant. I'm just saying, wanting them as opposed to Partick or Inversneckie or something at this stage of the cup is madness, given our horrifying form.

I'm not saying they're brilliant. I'm just saying, wanting them as opposed to Partick or Inversneckie or something at this stage of the cup is madness, given our horrifying form.

I'd more fear them at home! At least for that lot our support would turn out and the players would be up for it.

Chance of winning the cup is just the chance of beating each team multiplied. Leaving aside home/away issue, if we play three teams of exactly equal quality to us then our chance of lifting the cup is 7-1. If we played teams we are twice as likely to beat as lose to (ie teams that would be 2-1 to beat us) then our odds of winning improve to between 5-2 and 9-4.

Say you throw Celtic in with two roughly hibs-standard teams and assume Celtic are 1-3 to beat us, we're about 15-1 to win the cup. If it's two teams that are 2-1 against us plus Celtic then it's more like 7 or 8-1. So it makes a big difference.

We want to face the easiest teams - which seems obvious, I know - but this stuff about 'no easy games' and 'having to beat' people on the way etc isn't really right.

Partick at home please.

I wish they would stop slavering pish and get the draw on.

Not Celtic.

This thread has been viewed 5838 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back