• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Who believes now?

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Private Member
Reaction score
When AS came he said he wanted quality over quantity. A look at a few players proves to me he is exceeding in this. Not happy to settle with just Scott Allan he brings in Fyvie, and where Gray looked like he would never be knocked out of position in comes Watson...up front he brought in 3 strong athletic players in El-Al..Malonga and now Dje Dje making sure we do not have to place too heavy a burden on Cummings. He might get berated for his judgement on Liam Craig...but his eye for talent also brought us McGeoch. Fontaine has become a revelation and Hanlon has found a partnership he can trust. Forster whom we thought would have no issue keeping his place is back on the fringes whilst the guy so many wanted rid of...Lewis, is once again proving no matter who comes in, he is one of the first names on the player sheet and who would bet against him making 500 appearances? And he is only coming to an age where most players reach maturity. And for those who wanted to ditch every player at seasons end...aren't you glad Robertson kept his place? The jury is out of course on the goalie..but even there we see AS bring in competition.

We have seen many false dawns, and we all know that after a cup win or euro run we end up losing our managers anyway....so lets get along to ER and enjoy what is on show for so long as it lasts

Having said that I took the Saturday of the next round of the cup off and the game changed to Sunday :roll::doh

Last edited:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XfuBREMXxts" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The difference between August and now is night and day. If only we hired stubbs rather than that clown before him. Great football some of the back heels today were ridiculous and unappreciated was a word I used today. Last season was hard but this season we are blessed with talented footballers playing in the right way.

IM IN LOVE WITH ALAN STUBBS :approve:

Indeed

Agree totally, it says a lot that a player chooses to not renew a contract with Dundee United to work under Stubbs. Just need to make sure Petrie keeps Stubbs on board

I believe.

While I love what AS has done and achieved so far (bare in mind in his own words we've achieved nothing, wait until the end of the season) it's not just him that responsible for the revolution at the club.

There's a whole host of people supporting Alan getting the squad together then making sure they are at a peak each Saturday.

I believe that when AS goes a new manager will come in that will fit in with the systems we have in place, the Hibernian Way. Managers won't be allowed to fuck us up as they did in the past.

Like everyone else here I hope that's some way off.

Incidentally Graeme Mathie, Head of Player Identification and Recruitment will be the guest at the next Working Together meeting which will be at ER, Wednesday 18th. It would have been the week before but we have a game that night.

I believe and after the useless, clueless calderwood,fenlon and the ex hun WE DESERVE SOME CLASS AGAIN.

When AS came he said he wanted quality over quantity. A look at a few players proves to me he is exceeding in this. Not happy to settle with just Scott Allan he brings in Fyvie...where Gray looked like he would never be knocked out of position in comes Watson...up front he bring in 3 strong athletics players in El-Al..Malonga and now Dje Dje mking sure we do not have to place too heavy a burden on Cummings. He might get berated for his judgement on Laim Craig...but his eye for talent also brought us McGeoch. Fontaine has become a revelation and Hanlon has found a partnership he can trust. Forster whom we thought would have no issue keeping his place is back on the fringes whilst the guy so many wanted rid of...Lewis, is once again proving no matter who comes in, he is one of the first names on the player sheet and who would bet against him making 500 appearances? And he is only coming to an age where most players reach maturity. And for those who wanted to ditch every player at seasons end...aren't you glad Robertson kept his place? The jury is out of course on the goalie..but even there we see AS bring in competition.

We have seen many false dawns, and we all know that after a cup win or euro run we end up losing our managers anyway....so lets get along to ER and enjoy what is on show for so long as it lasts

Having said that I took the Saturday of the next round of the cup off and the game changed to Sunday :roll::doh
Good post Davy. I for one have always believed in Scott Robertson - he has been outstanding this season and he was my man of the match yesterday. Great performance and he covered an incredible amount of ground:approve:

The best part about yesterday was sitting back watching we no longer are reliant on one or two players. Stubbs said in his interview during the week on the Roughie show about having the depth to drop anyone not pulling their weight, and he was right. Now all needs to do is drop Craig, we have better, use them. :applause:

Alan Stubbs Green & White Army

I believe

Des Hun

Be afraid

Be very afraid!:applause:

I believe and all going well a nice testimonial against Everton next season for Lewis Stevenson

I believe we will go up through the playoffs. We really need to or this season can't be counted as the success that some people think it is already.

I believe we will go up through the playoffs. We really need to or this season can't be counted as the success that some people think it is already.

That's the acid test for me. Yes, it's night and day from previous seasons from what I hear; but if we're still in this division come August, then all the pulling in the right direction will have been for naught and the season can only go down as a catastrophic failure.

That having been said, I don't blame Alan Stubbs should that circumstance come about. He wasn't given a full squad to work with on arrival, and he got here very late in order to inherit what could (at best) be described as a shambles. Our early season form effectively sent the title to the piggery, and gave Sevco:5088 a tragically undeserved head start which we've struggled to pull back.

Funnily enough, it's not Sevco:5088 that worry me in a playoff - it's not even the Premiership side we'd have to face.

It's our inability to beat Falkirk that concerns me. It seems that Houston, fat gunt that he is, might have Hibs pegged.

That's the acid test for me. Yes, it's night and day from previous seasons from what I hear; but if we're still in this division come August, then all the pulling in the right direction will have been for naught and the season can only go down as a catastrophic failure.

That having been said, I don't blame Alan Stubbs should that circumstance come about. He wasn't given a full squad to work with on arrival, and he got here very late in order to inherit what could (at best) be described as a shambles. Our early season form effectively sent the title to the piggery, and gave Sevco:5088 a tragically undeserved head start which we've struggled to pull back.

Funnily enough, it's not Sevco:5088 that worry me in a playoff - it's not even the Premiership side we'd have to face.

It's our inability to beat Falkirk that concerns me. It seems that Houston, fat gunt that he is, might have Hibs pegged.

He was very very jammy last time out. He won't get that lucky again. For one thing, Malonga, if not Farid, will be in for Boyle, whose misses were woeful. I've said it before - I'm confident. We have nothing to fear.

I'm afraid I am still not optimistic about Hibs getting promotion this season. There is no doubt we have made considerable progress on the park during the course of the season and we have several excellent players at the club for the first time in years, but there is still some three months of the season to go. I honestly think Rangers will be a far different proposition as a team come May when the play-offs are due to be played. Despite being in complete turmoil for the whole season they are still up there just a couple of points behind Hibs with three games in hand. When it comes to play-off time the fact we have beaten Rangers three times this season will count for nothing. They just need to overcome Hibs over two matches to set up the play-off game with a toiling SPFL side and believe me they will be given every help and assistance from just about everybody to do it...they will be backed and supported particularly by officials, the scottish media and the smaller clubs in the SPFL whose chairmen will be desperate to see Rangers back in the top league for financial reasons as much as anything else. I also think Rangers boardroom problems will be well sorted by then and they will be under new ownership which will give them another boost, as will the five on-loan Newcastle players who will all be fit to play regularly very soon. I still think we will finish third and have three play off ties to get through. I very much hope I am wrong but I am still not confident about Hibs winning three high-pressure home and away ties like that in a row right at the end of the season.

Many fans have commented about how Hearts have been allowed to get ahead this season and how Hibs dithered too long in getting Stubbs in. Personally I don't think it would have made a blind bit of difference as to how the season has gone. Hibs were always going to struggle early on in the season due to the catastrophic nature of our "last kick of the season" relegation in late May. Hearts were well prepared for this season and their high intensity pre-season training schedule was organised to make them the fittest team in the league. The main catalyst for their form this season however has been having Craig Levein back there calling the shots. Much as I dislike the man, there is no doubt in my mind he has been the real driving force and in reality the "manager" at Tynecastle since the beginning of the season. Hearts are very much a Levein side with a big man up front, two hard working solid midfielders and pace on the flanks. They are also well organised defensively which you always have to be if you are going to win anything in football. Much as it pains me to say it, there is no doubt they have been by far the best team in the league this season...a 20 point gap at the top of the league going into March and only one league defeat in seven months of football tells you all you need to know. We shouldn't however concern ourselves too much with them...we have our own fight on our hands to secure a play-off spot and to give it our best shot for promotion this season. That's all we can do.

Believing is a gunt thing naw? Much like seething? Anyway, am confident Stubbsy will get us up this year :thumbgrin

yes we can

honestly think we'll do it. we've got der hun's number - and their dodgy newcastle rejects ain't gonna change that. we need to keep the momentum up, but going into the play-offs we'll be the team to beat.

Always the voice of reason, Greenmachine, but I have to disagree about the Huns (yes, yes, I'm a sectarian monster I know).

The ownership thing isn't getting sorted until the end of the season at the very earliest IMO &, even then, it'll only be if they're still in the Championship. I think they will be.

As for the playing staff, the 5 Newcastle players may turn out to be good (although I'd still rather have our 5 best players) but that whole situation is going to wreak havoc within their squad. McDowall has no authority, the Newcastle players will have little/no motivation to get anywhere near their potential & the non-Newcastle players (led by a foaming-at-the-mouth McCullough) are almost certainly going to get themselves worked up about it.

All that is a sideshow, though. The key thing here is the ability & mentality of our squad and if we continue to progress as we have been doing, come the end of the season we are going to be very solid in both. I would be far more worried about Falkirk/QOS than the Huns/SPL side but 3months to go means 3months to prepare and Stubbs will have us ready.

:camera:

This thread has been viewed 3983 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back