• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Which depts are to report back to Ron

NW

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
We have heard that RG
Wants a report or plan by end of October but who is building this report and is it dept by dept?

Fauldhoose

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
We have heard that RG
Wants a report or plan by end of October but who is building this report and is it dept by dept?

The two guys who deal with the sponsors have left- Brett has gone to Sunderland and his boss Michael has gone out with foltball

NW

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
The two guys who deal with the sponsors have left- Brett has gone to Sunderland and his boss Michael has gone out with foltball
Is that why we have no sponsors for shirts, balls, match days? The report he gets from commercial will surely just say - non existent, not fit for purpose

Fauldhoose

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Is that why we have no sponsors for shirts, balls, match days? The report he gets from commercial will surely just say - non existent, not fit for purpose

No idea but worryingly the previous incumbents were useless and you had to chase them to buy a sponsors board etc

The out going staff were proactive and had build relationship with sponsors

Not sure if these positions have been filled but Brett will be a huge loss

Ps Brett has gone to Newcastle he joined Hibs from sunderland

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Brett mcgoldrick and Michael pentland.

There must be lots of queries of how the commercials have been done when RG is looking at them, and I suspect he is a little bit surprised that we don’t have strong relationships with strong Edinburgh brands. I don’t think that’s down to individuals though - I think that’s due to the vacuum of leadership and the safe hands approach. I’m not advocating speculate to accumulate but I’m not convinced the club has had a clear coherent direction of travel in the last period.

Bits of the club, yes, but not a clear overarching strategy.

HenryLB

Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Brett mcgoldrick and Michael pentland.

There must be lots of queries of how the commercials have been done when RG is looking at them, and I suspect he is a little bit surprised that we don’t have strong relationships with strong Edinburgh brands. I don’t think that’s down to individuals though - I think that’s due to the vacuum of leadership and the safe hands approach. I’m not advocating speculate to accumulate but I’m not convinced the club has had a clear coherent direction of travel in the last period.

Bits of the club, yes, but not a clear overarching strategy.
I'm not surprised that things might have got a bit stale given the time in office of some of the people involved. Not even really a criticism as such, but a bit of a shakeup and some new vision at the top is probably a good thing.

Jack

Gray Boot Sponsor
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
I would imagine Archie Paton, the guy who "assisted" Ron with the takeover, will be heavily involved.

Edit. Just went on to LinkedIn, for the first time in months, and Archie has viewed my profile! Fair enough I suppose, I looked at his when the takeover was announced. He canny be that busy if that's all he's got to be doing :grrr:

Last edited:

Alberta Hibee

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
I remember years ago that the subject of being sponsored by a major Edinburgh brand was talked about and my memory might be wrong but the feedback was that a brand/company did not want to sponsor just one team as it gave the indication that they favoured them, both teams would have to be involved with the deal like the Tennents deal through the west years ago..

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
I remember years ago that the subject of being sponsored by a major Edinburgh brand was talked about and my memory might be wrong but the feedback was that a brand/company did not want to sponsor just one team as it gave the indication that they favoured them, both teams would have to be involved with the deal like the Tennents deal through the west years ago..
Run by “golf wonkers” probably 👍

Alberta Hibee

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
I never said we were , I’m saying that was the reason I heard that not one Edinburgh business would sponsor us without sponsoring the other club..

Greenpower

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
I'm not surprised that things might have got a bit stale given the time in office of some of the people involved. Not even really a criticism as such, but a bit of a shakeup and some new vision at the top is probably a good thing.
Hopefully the non executives that have been
there well beyond their sell by date. Have exceed what would be classed as a normal tenure in the business world.

Sitting back as we see commercial department haemorrhage staff were the head of still in post. While it fails to deliver. That’s before we throw in under performing ticketing debacle.

I do wonder what Dempster tells Ron
, as it would be turkeys voting for Christmas

NW

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
A strong and fully sighted CEO would have had the head of commercial out the door a while ago. It’s clear it’s a dept that doesn’t work

Greenpower

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
A strong and fully sighted CEO would have had the head of commercial out the door a while ago. It’s clear it’s a dept that doesn’t work
Are they too friendly ? Is the CEO failing in her duty?

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Maybe someone should tell their concerns to Ron direct,I’ve found social media to be like yelling in the wind.

Robert Barone

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
The head of commercial is I understand very much a Dempster appointment. Leeann doesn't seem to me to be very likely to get rid as it would reflect poorly on her..so we're stuck with the amateur, half arsed set up we've got imo.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Greenpower

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
The head of commercial is I understand very much a Dempster appointment. Leeann doesn't seem to me to be very likely to get rid as it would reflect poorly on her..so we're stuck with the amateur, half arsed set up we've got imo.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
That’s why strong non execs are crucial. And HSL need to step up but won’t rock the boat as desperate for a blazer

Last edited:

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
The Head Of Commercial or whatever her title is, could be viewed as a bit of a jobs for the boys in a manner of speaking.
However, the fact is that there isn’t a queue of sponsors for football in Scotland.
The Gunts didn’t go for ‘Save the Children’ for charitable reasons, or indeed as a booming system for paedos. It’s just that the market has collapsed.

NW

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Hibs has offers and not from
Drink or bookies I understand, it’s a buyers market for sure but surely £100k for year better than what we have.

It’s a fail and negligence

Hibs v Gunts

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel