• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Where's The Investment Ron!!

The Family

Capital Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Tin hat firmly on here.....although we have James, Boyle, Stevenson and Sir David Gray all injured, Heck has now said in two separate recent interviews we are done in this transfer window which for me gives me great concern as we are still three players short. I cannot thank Sir Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie for financially stabilising our club, although let's be honest STF was never a football person and he wasn't going to invest into the playing staff, so we wanted a change and in came Ron which gave us and Hibs pundits excitement as to what levels our club can reach, Ron mentions he wants to be the third force in Scotland he wanted to put a real challenge to the Old Firm, he also stated that he was happy with the playing staff budget but if a player become available then his door was was open to Heck and the recruitment team to add to the current playing staff budget.

We got off to great start in this window or so some of us thought, for me the jury is out on some of these players that was Heck & Co's first choice targets to improve us, for me some of these players has made us more weaker in certain positions, last season we had Omeonga a player that was quality exciting to watch, we had McNulty adding and scoring important goals. We have had all summer to get these two back but we concentrated on bringing the players that the jury is still out on, both Marc & Stephane would have added to more ST sales and got us excited for the season, don't get me wrong I think Jackson, James and Doidge are decent additions and I am hoping once up to match fitness the boy Vela will prove to be a good player.

Middleton is a better player than Boyle so I am happy that the laddie wants to come here and play for us, we got messed about by Ojo and his agent even though a deal and terms were previously agreed, fuck him and his agent as I only want players to come to us because they want to.

We are now at the latter end of the window and for me we still need to add better quality in defence, winger and another striker and a defensive midfielder that will give us that much needed steel in that position. Maybe being a bit greedy asking for four but Heck did say better quality players become available near the end of the window, so let's dig deep and the get the best 11 to match Ron's expectations of being the third force and putting a real challenge to the Old Firm.

No point in investing into a training complex when we don't have the quality to match Ron's expectations on the pitch.

Come on Ron put your money where your mouth is as my fear if we continue with the playing staff we have at the moment then Heck & Co will be lucky to last until the next transfer window.

Last edited:
Heckingbottom says on his Hibs TV interview that the budget is spent and he works with what he's got...

Heckingbottom says on his Hibs TV interview that the budget is spent and he works with what he's got...

Could be a long season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably a good time to do the points comparison again...

Tin hat firmly on here.....although we have James, Boyle, Stevenson and Sir David Gray all injured, Heck has now said in two separate recent interviews we are done in this transfer window which for me gives me great concern as we are still three players short. I cannot thank Sir Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie for financially stabilising our club, although let's be honest STF was never a football person and he wasn't going to invest into the playing staff, so we wanted a change and in came Ron which gave us and Hibs pundits excitement as to what levels our club can reach, Ron mentions he wants to be the third force in Scotland he wanted to put a real challenge to the Old Firm, he also stated that he was happy with the playing staff budget but if a player become available then his door was was open to Heck and the recruitment team to add to the current playing staff budget.

We got off to great start in this window or so some of us thought, for me the jury is out on some of these players that was Heck & Co's first choice targets to improve us, for me some of these players has made us more weaker in certain positions, last season we had Omeonga a player that was quality exciting to watch, we had McNulty adding and scoring important goals. We have had all summer to get these two back but we concentrated on bringing the players that the jury is still out on, both Marc & Stephane would have added to more ST sales and got us excited for the season, don't get me wrong I think Jackson, James and Doidge are decent additions and I am hoping once up to match fitness the boy Vela will prove to be a good player.

Middleton is a better player than Boyle so I am happy that the laddie wants to come here and play for us, we got messed about by Ojo and his agent even though a deal and terms were previously agreed, fuck him and his agent as I only want players to come to us because they want to.

We are now at the latter end of the window and for me we still need to add better quality in defence, winger and another striker and a defensive midfielder that will give us that much needed steel in that position. Maybe being a bit greedy asking for four but Heck did say better quality players become available near the end of the window, so let's dig deep and the get the best 11 to match Ron's expectations of being the third force and putting a real challenge to the Old Firm.

No point in investing into a training complex when we don't have the quality to match Ron's expectations on the pitch.

Come on Ron put your money where your mouth is as my fear if we continue with the playing staff we have at the moment then Heck & Co will be lucky to last until the next transfer window.
Pretty much ?

Having watched every preseason game, cup game and last week, predict us to finish 5-6. None of the games have really excited me and we lack quality badly. Allan and Flo link up pretty well, but we need more than that.

Again like last season we start with two forwards plus Shaw. We need another forward in badly. Hibs are doing Shaw no favors by giving him 10 minutes here and there. Send him out on loan for the rest of the season and give the laddie a chance to make it in the game.

In saying that, how can we expect to finish top 3-4 when we are probably 5th when it comes to budgets. Hibs fans have to realize that 5-6 is going to be the average. Actually when you look at the last 20 years of table finishes, we are a bottom six club. Unless we get the backing of Ron, then it’s always going to be a struggle.

Could be a long season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im thinking the same.

Were definately NOT stronger than last year.

Ambiguity personified.
The jury is out on some of these players, yet Jackson, James , Doidge ,and an ever fitter Vela are decent players?
We need to add better quality in defence?
So Jackson and James are NOT decent?
Or are you speaking about McGregor? Hanlon? Porteous?
If you, or anyone else thinks a sugar daddy is going to come in and blow millions on any Scottish football club , then yer aff yer heed.
No one wants to lose money in the backwater that is Scottish football.

I must admit to being a little surprised that PHB has on a number of occasionally now reiterated that his football budget has not increased since the new owner took charge.

Scottish football supporters have daft expectations when a relatively wealthy man takes control their club usually caused by reading or listening to far to many English media broadcasts and then comparing like with not like.

However we were sold a story of £1.5m of Rons buy out money being new working capital to be used exclusively for the football club and so it would be very reasonable to expect a portion to go to the playing side.

I had expected at least one additional high profile signing an example being someone like Omenonga who wanted to come but Hibs couldn't match the loan money being put up eventually by Cercle Brugge.

That doesn't tie in with £1.5m working capital story by a long way and it looks like our only new arrival post Ron will be the Sevco winger covering for Boyler and being announced next week.

Being picky, I think Vela was post-Ron?

We’re already spending way more than we were,can only see that going upwards if we can start getting 3rd and 4th place finishes in the near future...

I must admit to being a little surprised that PHB has on a number of occasionally now reiterated that his football budget has not increased since the new owner took charge.

Scottish football supporters have daft expectations when a relatively wealthy man takes control their club usually caused by reading or listening to far to many English media broadcasts and then comparing like with not like.

However we were sold a story of £1.5m of Rons buy out money being new working capital to be used exclusively for the football club and so it would be very reasonable to expect a portion to go to the playing side.

I had expected at least one additional high profile signing an example being someone like Omenonga who wanted to come but Hibs couldn't match the loan money being put up eventually by Cercle Brugge.

That doesn't tie in with £1.5m working capital story by a long way and it looks like our only new arrival post Ron will be the Sevco winger covering for Boyler and being announced next week.
Add in the Mcginn money , where’s that gone ?

How much did we get?
How much went to St Mirren?
Is the money paid in instalments monthly or yearly?

Quite a bit of it will have headed to Paisley.

We’re already spending way more than we were,can only see that going upwards if we can start getting 3rd and 4th place finishes in the near future...

Are we though ?
One transfer fee for Doidge
New wages for newbies balanced by the leavers wages . I.e. spike , omeonga , mcnulty , bartley , laidlaw , agyepong etc . These costs wont come anywhere near the SJM cash

Are we though ?
One transfer fee for Doidge
New wages for newbies balanced by the leavers wages . I.e. spike , omeonga , mcnulty , bartley , laidlaw , agyepong etc . These costs wont come anywhere near the SJM cash
Yes Joe,the official accounts don’t lie.

Tell you what ,Joe.
Have a look back through the bounce archives and see where your argument has been brought up in days gone by.
The answers will be much the same as they were back then.

How much did we get?
How much went to St Mirren?
Is the money paid in instalments monthly or yearly?
£3m apparently , st mirren share , who knows 30% maybe
Installments , doubt it

Tell you what ,Joe.
Have a look back through the bounce archives and see where your argument has been brought up in days gone by.
The answers will be much the same as they were back then.
What’s that then

What’s that then
Jesus, Joe.
Stop banging your head against a wall.
Lol.

Being picky, I think Vela was post-Ron?

Agreed though given Marvin and Milligan had been emptied and Vela was a direct replacement then its reasonable to assume this is a question of timing and was work in progress.

I think the Mcginn money just went into the pot and has been spread over a number of player initiatives since last August so I hold no bones to Hibs about that.

Its the "new stuff" as I am not really seeing how a much heralded takeover with £1.5m of new money hasn't managed to find its way to the manager in some proportion.

Then there is also the £600,000 a year of Mr Farmers money that Hibs no longer need to pay annually.

Hence over this one year Hibs should be £2million better off in terms of cash flow but not even a proportion of this has reached the manager.

That's very strange.?

Installments , doubt it
So you don't know?

Installments , doubt it
It’s installments,every club pays that way.

Installments , doubt it
As for the increased wage bill , would
So you don't know?
do you like

It’s installments,every club pays that way.
You know this how ?

You know this how ?
Reading and learning.

Agreed though given Marvin and Milligan had been emptied and Vela was a direct replacement then its reasonable to assume this is a question of timing and was work in progress.

I think the Mcginn money just went into the pot and has been spread over a number of player initiatives since last August so I hold no bones to Hibs about that.

Its the "new stuff" as I am not really seeing how a much heralded takeover with £1.5m of new money hasn't managed to find its way to the manager in some proportion.

Then there is also the £600,000 a year of Mr Farmers money that Hibs no longer need to pay annually.

Hence over this one year Hibs should be £2million better off in terms of cash flow but not even a proportion of this has reached the manager.

That's very strange.?
There is a suggestion that Hibs paid a lump sum towards the mortgage we were due Farmer,won’t find out until the accounts come out if it’s true or no.
It could explain why we don’t seem to owe Ron any cash at this point....

Reading and learning.
Was that the sun ??

Way way too early to start having a go at Ron. He has paid off £3m debt saving repayments of 500k a year and paid 3m for the club shares or something like that. I can't remember the specifics at the moment and on a train, but circa £6m has come out his pocket this summer. We can't expect him just to start throwing more millions about in an unsustainable fashion. Understandably he wants to take his time, get to know the club and the department's, and then decide what's required. To do that the budget stays the same as to what was worked out before he arrived. It wouldn't surprise me if we get a couple in late in the window though.

I'm pro the sustainable approach, so that if he leaves business can continue as usual, rather the serious cuts like happened when the Romanov thing went tits up or Gretna. He will make us grow.

Was that the sun ??
The Record :grinning-smiley-045:

You know this how ?
See Barcelona? Way more financially wealthy than us. Not in the same bleedin novel as Hibs never mind the same page? Even they do it - that's why they're stuck with Coutinho and are trying to loan him out. They bought him for the equivalent of roughly £140 million. Paid components of the fee up in instalments and they still owe Liverpool money (over 40 million) before the extra clauses about appearances kick in. If he plays more games moving forward they owe Liverpool even more money. They tried to loan him back to them firstly but they turned it down...hence hawking him to Manure, Arsenal and most recently Spurs.
There was even a clause in his contract that meant should the Catalan vultures circle Anfield again in the immediate future they have agreed to pay a minimum of 89 million on top of the asking price - effectively protecting the CL champions from further pillaging.

It's no 1980 any more.

See Barcelona? Way more financially wealthy than us. Not in the same bleedin novel as Hibs never mind the same page? Even they do it - that's why they're stuck with Coutinho and are trying to loan him out. They bought him for the equivalent of roughly £140 million. Paid components of the fee up in instalments and they still owe Liverpool money (over 40 million) before the extra clauses about appearances kick in. If he plays more games moving forward they owe Liverpool even more money. They tried to loan him back to them firstly but they turned it down...hence hawking him to Manure, Arsenal and most recently Spurs.
There was even a clause in his contract that meant should the Catalan vultures circle Anfield again in the immediate future they have agreed to pay a minimum of 89 million on top of the asking price - effectively protecting the CL champions from further pillaging.

It's no 1980 any more.
May happen with some , more likely the mega deals , not likely aston villa to hibs IMO

May happen with some , more likely the mega deals , not likely aston villa to hibs IMO

Aye, okay. You win.
Anything for a quiet life.

Aye, okay. You win.
Anything for a quiet life.
I get the impression most people would prefer me not to post ataw?

I do believe you're getting the hang of this ,Joe.

Folk are happy for most folk to post. It's already too much of an echo chamber with some alternative posters having disappeared from the site. Don't expect to post "hunches" though without people probing those.

SlovSam is right. It's unusual for people to have thought we were getting a Sugar Daddy owner. They're not interested in this wee backwater of world football. And STF was never going to sell to a crash and burn individual- no doubt due diligence will have been done.

The stats PS has posted show us increasing our spend year on year. So does our audited accounts. Still less than the Sheep or Puddle drinkers but they bring in more money than us. That's where Ron is looking to work on our operations and it won't happen overnight. Improved marketing and marketability. The Sheep attract more money partly due to the oil industry, the Gunts and the Sheep fans put a fair bit more money into their clubs via AbrDNA and FOH.

How much are WE going to invest is part of the equation. Some folk are not going to be happy with that. But then we all know folk who never go to games but moan about club spending...so how do we move beyond that?

Folk are happy for most folk to post. It's already too much of an echo chamber with some alternative posters having disappeared from the site. Don't expect to post "hunches" though without people probing those.

SlovSam is right. It's unusual for people to have thought we were getting a Sugar Daddy owner. They're not interested in this wee backwater of world football. And STF was never going to sell to a crash and burn individual- no doubt due diligence will have been done.

The stats PS has posted show us increasing our spend year on year. So does our audited accounts. Still less than the Sheep or Puddle drinkers but they bring in more money than us. That's where Ron is looking to work on our operations and it won't happen overnight. Improved marketing and marketability. The Sheep attract more money partly due to the oil industry, the Gunts and the Sheep fans put a fair bit more money into their clubs via AbrDNA and FOH.

How much are WE going to invest is part of the equation. Some folk are not going to be happy with that. But then we all know folk who never go to games but moan about club spending...so how do we move beyond that?
The Sheep are in that position too because they finished 2nd for a few years (5?),cup runs and Europe all meant extra cash,their challenge will be to maintain it when they move stadium.
Hearts were in dire straights and the fans got behind them and pitched in,they also do better than us commercially.

Interesting few years ahead if we can get it right on and off the field.

The Sheep are in that position too because they finished 2nd for a few years (5?),cup runs and Europe all meant extra cash,their challenge will be to maintain it when they move stadium.
Gunts were in dire straights and the fans got behind them and pitched in,they also do better than us commercially.

Interesting few years ahead if we can get it right on and off the field.
Yep, we missed the window of opportunity to some extent with 3 years in the EPL Championship - that said, Aberdeen underperformed trophy wise in that time. Hibs, Saints, Ross County and others won major trophies during the same period.

Not expecting or even wanting millions to be spent. It would be nice but will never happen, just wanting hibs to sign an experienced striker and a winger perminantly. None of these loans shit especially from a Scottish club making their youth player better. Wtf. Ron said he wanted us to be best of the rest. Never going to happen with this squad will be lucky to get 4th.

This thread has been viewed 5222 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back