• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Where's The Investment Ron!!

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
What is our current wage budget?

What difference per player per week would it make adding £1M?

I think the numbers sound big, but aren’t actually that significant.

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Having watched every preseason game, cup game and last week, predict us to finish 5-6. None of the games have really excited me and we lack quality badly. Allan and Flo link up pretty well, but we need more than that.

Again like last season we start with two forwards plus Shaw. We need another forward in badly. Hibs are doing Shaw no favors by giving him 10 minutes here and there. Send him out on loan for the rest of the season and give the laddie a chance to make it in the game.

In saying that, how can we expect to finish top 3-4 when we are probably 5th when it comes to budgets. Hibs fans have to realize that 5-6 is going to be the average. Actually when you look at the last 20 years of table finishes, we are a bottom six club. Unless we get the backing of Ron, then it’s always going to be a struggle.
Kilmarnock finished third last season with a budget significantly less than that of the two Edinburgh clubs and Aberdeen, finishing above all of them. I'm not disputing what you are saying about budgets determining final league placings in most cases but a lot of success in football is down to sheer good fortune and good management. Hibs do have a competitive budget. It's not as high as Gunts or Aberdeen but as has been said they bring more money in than we do. Heckingbottom will have known his budget for months. He has brought in players from lower league English football he and his staff believe will do well in Scotland. We have to trust him on that. We also have to give him more than one transfer window to get the team together that he really wants. He strikes me as an intelligent man with his head firmly screwed on and someone who has modern ideas and a manager who actually has an idea of exactly how he wants his team to play. Time will tell. It's all about results at the end of the day and he has to win matches.

Ron Gordon is a foreigner completely new to scottish football. He has already given the club a massive financial boost by clearing our debts to Tom Farmer and investing a further £1.5 Million into the club. He will be finding out about every single working department within the club and will no doubt be asking everyone at the club to up their game and maximise the potential everywhere. We need to bring more revenue into the club and we will be looking at ways to do that for sure. I also think the player budget will increase from now on. The budget for this summer will have been agreed months ago and all the deals for players will have been completed long before they were announced. I think there may be one or two comings and goings before the end of the window but I doubt Hibs will be increasing the size of the first team squad from what it is now. The manager knows this and knows what he will be working with.

The Family

Capital Radge
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
What about the SJM money and the extra windfall when he got into the premiership? How do people know that the money was in instalments from Villa?

Ron said his s door was open if Heck and the recruitment team identified players that would improve our team, my concern is Heck & Co doesn't seem to think we need more quality when we clearly do, that's a major concern, my other major concern is that he and his recruitment team believe the ones brought in are better quality than what we have, for me the jury is still out on these players.

Brizo

Bounce Radge
I expect Ron to manage the club finances in much the same way as STF did. It makes sense if STF eventually sold the club to someone who shares his business strategy and values. I don't expect RG him to throw any of his personal wealth, whatever that might be, into the transfer budget.

RG is of course committed to build an indoor training facility which optimists might think will benefit the playing side but pessimists might think will benefit the sell on value when RG moves on , which like all owners he eventually will.

My concern about RG is his expectation that fans "pony up" and contribute to its building costs. Many of us have ponyed up since Club 86, the HOH campaign, the Hibs 100 scheme to help build the FF, shares issues and now HSL. I might be wrong but I don't think theres any great desire from fans who may already be paying up a ST and contributing to HSL to now make a further payment towards an infrastructure project.

If I'm right, that might be a bit of a reality check to RG and it will be interesting to see how he responds to it?

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
[/QUOTE]
What about the SJM money and the extra windfall when he got into the premiership? How do people know that the money was in instalments from Villa?

Ron said his s door was open if Heck and the recruitment team identified players that would improve our team, my concern is Heck & Co doesn't seem to think we need more quality when we clearly do, that's a major concern, my other major concern is that he and his recruitment team believe the ones brought in are better quality than what we have, for me the jury is still out on these players.
The manager might turn out to be shite.
We've had shite managers before, who's to say Heckingbottom won't be another?
If he thinks he's signed players to do the job, and they don't.....then ....he's a shite manager.

MSG_07

Bounce Radge
Realistically if our new owner wants Hibs to be a successful team rather than just plodding along each season there has to be steady investment each season. I don't think we need to spend as much as the ugly sisters but we do need to up the quality. Missing out on Omeonga and Sparky was a sore one.

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
When we finished forth under Lennon, we’ve declined every season in terms of quality. Obviously replacing the likes of McGinn and McGeouch is near impossible, but the overall quality declines. I think this season the squad is weaker and has less quality than the previous season again.

It comes down to investing and bringing through the next McGinns and Dylan’s. Aberdeen lose quality players just like we do, but they recruit properly and continue to challenge near the top of the table. Yes they can spend more as they have a rich owner.... But so do we now. There’s no excuse for Ron not to loosen the purse strings in order to challenge Aberdeen and get back in Europe.

The Family

Capital Radge
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
The manager might turn out to be shite.
We've had shite managers before, who's to say Heckingbottom won't be another?
If he thinks he's signed players to do the job, and they don't.....then ....he's a shite manager.
That was my first point when I said if his signings don't perform he won't last the next window.

Steviie

Bounce Radge
STF always said he would only sell to someone who wants to take hibs to the next level, what that is, still to be seen. Concerning PH said that's us done and we have used up our transfer budget. When we are still needing a striker. Not sure how me saying this makes me seen as I'm wanting hibs to be the next Man City, but it's a great tactic to use to draw away from the fact Ron has basically came out and said nothing or his plans for Hibernian FC.

Last edited:

Hattie

Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
How much did we get?
How much went to St Mirren?
Is the money paid in instalments monthly or yearly?
Cant see St mirren getting anything of the promotion money, that was a clause only Hibs could’ve negotiated

westsidehibs

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
STF always said he would only sell to someone who wants to take hibs to the next level, what that is, still to be seen. Concerning PH said that's us done and we have used up our transfer budget. When we are still needing a striker. Not sure how me saying this makes me seen as I'm wanting hubs to be the next man City, but it's a great tactic to use to draw away from the fact Ron basically came out and said nothing.
Exactly ! Everyone knows we aren't going to spend millions , people just say that to belittle others opinion or just to think they are being smart .
It's nothing short of patronising and they like people to think they are ITK but they are just stating the obvious, ie the Robbie savage's of internet forums best to take them with a pinch of salt .

Last edited:

Steve20

Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
If we’ve really spent our budget, which I can’t believe, then we are seriously over paying these summer signings. They’re like pub players, apart from Scott Allan.

MSG_07

Bounce Radge

What I've heard continually is that the budget is set in place and this will not be changed this season. I'm pretty sure I've read or watched nearly all Hibee related stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm as concerned as every Hibee this evening. That was a shocking result. It seems we are heading back to the Calderwood/Mixu days... Actually even both of them never got skelped as badly by Sevco.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
If we’ve really spent our budget, which I can’t believe, then we are seriously over paying these summer signings. They’re like pub players, apart from Scott Allan.
We have a 23 man squad plus development - bringing players in is I suspect entirely dependent on moving players out - irrespective of cash. They’re always looking to improve the squad.

I wonder what Middleton made of that - result wise the mercy is it was a loseable game so that isn’t one result that will define our season. The performance on the other hand...

Hibs v St.Johnstone

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel