• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Where's The Investment Ron!!

SlovSam

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Being picky, I think Vela was post-Ron?
Agreed though given Marvin and Milligan had been emptied and Vela was a direct replacement then its reasonable to assume this is a question of timing and was work in progress.

Add in the Mcginn money , where’s that gone ?
I think the Mcginn money just went into the pot and has been spread over a number of player initiatives since last August so I hold no bones to Hibs about that.

Its the "new stuff" as I am not really seeing how a much heralded takeover with £1.5m of new money hasn't managed to find its way to the manager in some proportion.

Then there is also the £600,000 a year of Mr Farmers money that Hibs no longer need to pay annually.

Hence over this one year Hibs should be £2million better off in terms of cash flow but not even a proportion of this has reached the manager.

That's very strange.?

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Agreed though given Marvin and Milligan had been emptied and Vela was a direct replacement then its reasonable to assume this is a question of timing and was work in progress.

I think the Mcginn money just went into the pot and has been spread over a number of player initiatives since last August so I hold no bones to Hibs about that.

Its the "new stuff" as I am not really seeing how a much heralded takeover with £1.5m of new money hasn't managed to find its way to the manager in some proportion.

Then there is also the £600,000 a year of Mr Farmers money that Hibs no longer need to pay annually.

Hence over this one year Hibs should be £2million better off in terms of cash flow but not even a proportion of this has reached the manager.

That's very strange.?
There is a suggestion that Hibs paid a lump sum towards the mortgage we were due Farmer,won’t find out until the accounts come out if it’s true or no.
It could explain why we don’t seem to owe Ron any cash at this point....

Central_Hibee

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Way way too early to start having a go at Ron. He has paid off £3m debt saving repayments of 500k a year and paid 3m for the club shares or something like that. I can't remember the specifics at the moment and on a train, but circa £6m has come out his pocket this summer. We can't expect him just to start throwing more millions about in an unsustainable fashion. Understandably he wants to take his time, get to know the club and the department's, and then decide what's required. To do that the budget stays the same as to what was worked out before he arrived. It wouldn't surprise me if we get a couple in late in the window though.

I'm pro the sustainable approach, so that if he leaves business can continue as usual, rather the serious cuts like happened when the Romanov thing went tits up or Gretna. He will make us grow.

SKII

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
You know this how ?
See Barcelona? Way more financially wealthy than us. Not in the same bleedin novel as Hibs never mind the same page? Even they do it - that's why they're stuck with Coutinho and are trying to loan him out. They bought him for the equivalent of roughly £140 million. Paid components of the fee up in instalments and they still owe Liverpool money (over 40 million) before the extra clauses about appearances kick in. If he plays more games moving forward they owe Liverpool even more money. They tried to loan him back to them firstly but they turned it down...hence hawking him to Manure, Arsenal and most recently Spurs.
There was even a clause in his contract that meant should the Catalan vultures circle Anfield again in the immediate future they have agreed to pay a minimum of 89 million on top of the asking price - effectively protecting the CL champions from further pillaging.

It's no 1980 any more.

joethehibby

Bounce Radge
See Barcelona? Way more financially wealthy than us. Not in the same bleedin novel as Hibs never mind the same page? Even they do it - that's why they're stuck with Coutinho and are trying to loan him out. They bought him for the equivalent of roughly £140 million. Paid components of the fee up in instalments and they still owe Liverpool money (over 40 million) before the extra clauses about appearances kick in. If he plays more games moving forward they owe Liverpool even more money. They tried to loan him back to them firstly but they turned it down...hence hawking him to Manure, Arsenal and most recently Spurs.
There was even a clause in his contract that meant should the Catalan vultures circle Anfield again in the immediate future they have agreed to pay a minimum of 89 million on top of the asking price - effectively protecting the CL champions from further pillaging.

It's no 1980 any more.
May happen with some , more likely the mega deals , not likely aston villa to hibs IMO

SKII

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
I get the impression most people would prefer me not to post ataw😩
Folk are happy for most folk to post. It's already too much of an echo chamber with some alternative posters having disappeared from the site. Don't expect to post "hunches" though without people probing those.

SlovSam is right. It's unusual for people to have thought we were getting a Sugar Daddy owner. They're not interested in this wee backwater of world football. And STF was never going to sell to a crash and burn individual- no doubt due diligence will have been done.

The stats PS has posted show us increasing our spend year on year. So does our audited accounts. Still less than the Sheep or Puddle drinkers but they bring in more money than us. That's where Ron is looking to work on our operations and it won't happen overnight. Improved marketing and marketability. The Sheep attract more money partly due to the oil industry, the Gunts and the Sheep fans put a fair bit more money into their clubs via AbrDNA and FOH.

How much are WE going to invest is part of the equation. Some folk are not going to be happy with that. But then we all know folk who never go to games but moan about club spending...so how do we move beyond that?

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Folk are happy for most folk to post. It's already too much of an echo chamber with some alternative posters having disappeared from the site. Don't expect to post "hunches" though without people probing those.

SlovSam is right. It's unusual for people to have thought we were getting a Sugar Daddy owner. They're not interested in this wee backwater of world football. And STF was never going to sell to a crash and burn individual- no doubt due diligence will have been done.

The stats PS has posted show us increasing our spend year on year. So does our audited accounts. Still less than the Sheep or Puddle drinkers but they bring in more money than us. That's where Ron is looking to work on our operations and it won't happen overnight. Improved marketing and marketability. The Sheep attract more money partly due to the oil industry, the Gunts and the Sheep fans put a fair bit more money into their clubs via AbrDNA and FOH.

How much are WE going to invest is part of the equation. Some folk are not going to be happy with that. But then we all know folk who never go to games but moan about club spending...so how do we move beyond that?
The Sheep are in that position too because they finished 2nd for a few years (5?),cup runs and Europe all meant extra cash,their challenge will be to maintain it when they move stadium.
Gunts were in dire straights and the fans got behind them and pitched in,they also do better than us commercially.

Interesting few years ahead if we can get it right on and off the field.

SKII

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
The Sheep are in that position too because they finished 2nd for a few years (5?),cup runs and Europe all meant extra cash,their challenge will be to maintain it when they move stadium.
Gunts were in dire straights and the fans got behind them and pitched in,they also do better than us commercially.

Interesting few years ahead if we can get it right on and off the field.
Yep, we missed the window of opportunity to some extent with 3 years in the EPL Championship - that said, Aberdeen underperformed trophy wise in that time. Hibs, Saints, Ross County and others won major trophies during the same period.

Steviie

Bounce Radge
Not expecting or even wanting millions to be spent. It would be nice but will never happen, just wanting hibs to sign an experienced striker and a winger perminantly. None of these loans shit especially from a Scottish club making their youth player better. Wtf. Ron said he wanted us to be best of the rest. Never going to happen with this squad will be lucky to get 4th.

Hibs v Ross County

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel