• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Where's The Investment Ron!!

The Family

Capital Radge
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Tin hat firmly on here.....although we have James, Boyle, Stevenson and Sir David Gray all injured, Heck has now said in two separate recent interviews we are done in this transfer window which for me gives me great concern as we are still three players short. I cannot thank Sir Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie for financially stabilising our club, although let's be honest STF was never a football person and he wasn't going to invest into the playing staff, so we wanted a change and in came Ron which gave us and Hibs pundits excitement as to what levels our club can reach, Ron mentions he wants to be the third force in Scotland he wanted to put a real challenge to the Old Firm, he also stated that he was happy with the playing staff budget but if a player become available then his door was was open to Heck and the recruitment team to add to the current playing staff budget.

We got off to great start in this window or so some of us thought, for me the jury is out on some of these players that was Heckingbottom's first choice targets to improve us, for me some of these players has made us more weaker in certain positions, last season we had Omeonga a player that was quality exciting to watch, we had McNulty adding and scoring important goals. We have had all summer to get these two back but we concentrated on bringing the players that the jury is still out on, both Marc & Stephane would have added to more ST sales and got us excited for the season, don't get me wrong I think Jackson, James and Doidge are decent additions and I am hoping once up to match fitness the boy Vela will prove to be a good player.

Middleton is a better player than Boyle so I am happy that the laddie wants to come here and play for us, we got messed about by Ojo and his agent even though a deal and terms were previously agreed, fuck him and his agent as I only want players to come to us because they want to.

We are now at the latter end of the window and for me we still need to add better quality in defence, winger and another striker and a defensive midfielder that will give us that much needed steel in that position. Maybe being a bit greedy asking for four but Heck did say better quality players become available near the end of the window, so let's dig deep and the get the best 11 to match Ron's expectations of being the third force and putting a real challenge to the Old Firm.

No point in investing into a training complex when we don't have the quality to match Ron's expectations on the pitch.

Come on Ron put your money where your mouth is as my fear if we continue with the playing staff we have at the moment then Heckingbottom will be lucky to last until the next transfer window.

Last edited:

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Heckingbottom says on his Hibs TV interview that the budget is spent and he works with what he's got...

broonieboy

On holiday Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Heckingbottom says on his Hibs TV interview that the budget is spent and he works with what he's got...
Could be a long season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joethehibby

Bounce Radge
Tin hat firmly on here.....although we have James, Boyle, Stevenson and Sir David Gray all injured, Heck has now said in two separate recent interviews we are done in this transfer window which for me gives me great concern as we are still three players short. I cannot thank Sir Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie for financially stabilising our club, although let's be honest STF was never a football person and he wasn't going to invest into the playing staff, so we wanted a change and in came Ron which gave us and Hibs pundits excitement as to what levels our club can reach, Ron mentions he wants to be the third force in Scotland he wanted to put a real challenge to the Old Firm, he also stated that he was happy with the playing staff budget but if a player become available then his door was was open to Heck and the recruitment team to add to the current playing staff budget.

We got off to great start in this window or so some of us thought, for me the jury is out on some of these players that was Heckingbottom's first choice targets to improve us, for me some of these players has made us more weaker in certain positions, last season we had Omeonga a player that was quality exciting to watch, we had McNulty adding and scoring important goals. We have had all summer to get these two back but we concentrated on bringing the players that the jury is still out on, both Marc & Stephane would have added to more ST sales and got us excited for the season, don't get me wrong I think Jackson, James and Doidge are decent additions and I am hoping once up to match fitness the boy Vela will prove to be a good player.

Middleton is a better player than Boyle so I am happy that the laddie wants to come here and play for us, we got messed about by Ojo and his agent even though a deal and terms were previously agreed, fuck him and his agent as I only want players to come to us because they want to.

We are now at the latter end of the window and for me we still need to add better quality in defence, winger and another striker and a defensive midfielder that will give us that much needed steel in that position. Maybe being a bit greedy asking for four but Heck did say better quality players become available near the end of the window, so let's dig deep and the get the best 11 to match Ron's expectations of being the third force and putting a real challenge to the Old Firm.

No point in investing into a training complex when we don't have the quality to match Ron's expectations on the pitch.

Come on Ron put your money where your mouth is as my fear if we continue with the playing staff we have at the moment then Heckingbottom will be lucky to last until the next transfer window.
Pretty much 😩

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Having watched every preseason game, cup game and last week, predict us to finish 5-6. None of the games have really excited me and we lack quality badly. Allan and Flo link up pretty well, but we need more than that.

Again like last season we start with two forwards plus Shaw. We need another forward in badly. Hibs are doing Shaw no favors by giving him 10 minutes here and there. Send him out on loan for the rest of the season and give the laddie a chance to make it in the game.

In saying that, how can we expect to finish top 3-4 when we are probably 5th when it comes to budgets. Hibs fans have to realize that 5-6 is going to be the average. Actually when you look at the last 20 years of table finishes, we are a bottom six club. Unless we get the backing of Ron, then it’s always going to be a struggle.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge

Ambiguity personified.
The jury is out on some of these players, yet Jackson, James , Doidge ,and an ever fitter Vela are decent players?
We need to add better quality in defence?
So Jackson and James are NOT decent?
Or are you speaking about McGregor? Hanlon? Porteous?
If you, or anyone else thinks a sugar daddy is going to come in and blow millions on any Scottish football club , then yer aff yer heed.
No one wants to lose money in the backwater that is Scottish football.

SlovSam

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
I must admit to being a little surprised that PHB has on a number of occasionally now reiterated that his football budget has not increased since the new owner took charge.

Scottish football supporters have daft expectations when a relatively wealthy man takes control their club usually caused by reading or listening to far to many English media broadcasts and then comparing like with not like.

However we were sold a story of £1.5m of Rons buy out money being new working capital to be used exclusively for the football club and so it would be very reasonable to expect a portion to go to the playing side.

I had expected at least one additional high profile signing an example being someone like Omenonga who wanted to come but Hibs couldn't match the loan money being put up eventually by Cercle Brugge.

That doesn't tie in with £1.5m working capital story by a long way and it looks like our only new arrival post Ron will be the Sevco winger covering for Boyler and being announced next week.

Weehibbydrew

Mussel-bound Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Being picky, I think Vela was post-Ron?

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor

joethehibby

Bounce Radge
I must admit to being a little surprised that PHB has on a number of occasionally now reiterated that his football budget has not increased since the new owner took charge.

Scottish football supporters have daft expectations when a relatively wealthy man takes control their club usually caused by reading or listening to far to many English media broadcasts and then comparing like with not like.

However we were sold a story of £1.5m of Rons buy out money being new working capital to be used exclusively for the football club and so it would be very reasonable to expect a portion to go to the playing side.

I had expected at least one additional high profile signing an example being someone like Omenonga who wanted to come but Hibs couldn't match the loan money being put up eventually by Cercle Brugge.

That doesn't tie in with £1.5m working capital story by a long way and it looks like our only new arrival post Ron will be the Sevco winger covering for Boyler and being announced next week.
Add in the Mcginn money , where’s that gone ?

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Add in the Mcginn money , where’s that gone ?
How much did we get?
How much went to St Mirren?
Is the money paid in instalments monthly or yearly?

joethehibby

Bounce Radge
We’re already spending way more than we were,can only see that going upwards if we can start getting 3rd and 4th place finishes in the near future...

Are we though ?
One transfer fee for Doidge
New wages for newbies balanced by the leavers wages . I.e. spike , omeonga , mcnulty , bartley , laidlaw , agyepong etc . These costs wont come anywhere near the SJM cash

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Are we though ?
One transfer fee for Doidge
New wages for newbies balanced by the leavers wages . I.e. spike , omeonga , mcnulty , bartley , laidlaw , agyepong etc . These costs wont come anywhere near the SJM cash
Yes Joe,the official accounts don’t lie.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Tell you what ,Joe.
Have a look back through the bounce archives and see where your argument has been brought up in days gone by.
The answers will be much the same as they were back then.

joethehibby

Bounce Radge
Tell you what ,Joe.
Have a look back through the bounce archives and see where your argument has been brought up in days gone by.
The answers will be much the same as they were back then.
What’s that then

Hibs v Ross County

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel