• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

When was the last time we scored two ogs in the same game?

Jello Biafra

Johnny Cash Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Off the top of my head, it was that deeply depressing derby at Swynecastle on Sunday, 23 November 2003, when we lost 2-0, with both their goals being scored by Hibs players. One in each half. The first after about seven minutes. It came from a corner from that turncoat turd Paul Fartley. It was not far in front of where I was stood in the School End, and Fartley made a motion as if to simulate kissing the hertz badge as he minced over to take the corner.

Sure one of the ogs was by Gary Smith, but my mammary might be playing tricks on me.

Brainwrong

Spaktacuradge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Didn't Ian Murray score both?

Jello Biafra

Johnny Cash Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Didn't Ian Murray score both?
I'm sure he didn't. However, earlier that season (on Saturday, 23 August 2003) he scored at both ends in the first half as we lost 5-2 at the lodge. He opened the scoring at the Copland Road end; they equalised, Tam McManus scored a wonder goal to put us 2-1 up; then, right on half-time, he headed past Andersson (I think). Into the second half, Tam missed a pen at the Broomloan stand at 2-2; they then scored thrice. We lost 5-2.

Bummer.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Shelton Martis scored a few own goals, mibbes he had two in one game.

Brainwrong

Spaktacuradge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
I'm sure he didn't. However, earlier that season (on Saturday, 23 August 2003) he scored at both ends in the first half as we lost 5-2 at the lodge. He opened the scoring at the Copland Road end; they equalised, Tam McManus scored a wonder goal to put us 2-1 up; then, right on half-time, he headed past Andersson (I think). Into the second half, Tam missed a pen at the Broomloan stand at 2-2; they then scored thrice. We lost 5-2.

Bummer.
Must have been another game. I'm sure there was a swinecastle borefest where he scored 2, one in each end. finished 1-1. Could be wrong.

Remember that McManus goal well, absolte beezer of a volley. And the missed penalty, was it not 2-1 to us at the time? I'm afraid I was very high on mushrooms at the time.

Jello Biafra

Johnny Cash Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Don't be afraid of being high on mushrooms, C. They're great! I visit the Dam annually and partake of these wonderful hallucinogens; which, of course, are legal there. Indeed, back on Saturday, 18 June 2016, I visited the Dam and wore my Hibs top (the 2012/13 bottle green wi white sleeves effort) and had a delightful conversation about our then recent Scottish Cup success wi the proprietor of the wee shop in the red light district where we (me n ma mate) always buy our mushies! Apparently, he'd seen the highlights and had really enjoyed the pitch invasion! I don't think the hunz are too popular in the Dam, either!

And then this year (on Saturday, 9 February 2019; Hibs won 3-1 v Raith in the Scottish Cup), after watching Scotland lose to Ireland at rugby in the Slainte bar, we went back to the hotel to get ready for a night out. Of course, ma mate (we'll call him Benny as he drives buses wi Mr Brazil) collapsed pished. So I put the telly on, drank all the beer - AND ARSED ALL OF THE MUSHIES - while watching 'Holland's Got Talent'! What a load of phucking shite! Come back, Simon Cowell, ya plastic surgery disaster ****! All is (not) forgiven!

Anyway, when Benny woke up at midnight and discovered that there were nae mushies left the **** wiz phuckin' ragin'!

Wi me!

Ach, well, eh?!

P.S. Watching 'Holland's Got Talent' when mushied off yer titz in a hotel in Amsterdam is an experience every **** should dae before they die!

Jello Biafra

Johnny Cash Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
P.P.S. I STILL PHUCKIN' HATE THE GRAMMARLY AD!

'THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS THE PERFECT SENTENCE'!

OH, AYE? I SENTENCE YOU TO BE MIKE TYSON'S CELLMATE, YA ****!

TRY TELLING HIM HOW TO WRITE, FANNYBAWS!

Jello Biafra

Johnny Cash Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Btw, it wiz 2-2 when Tam missed the pen.

Also, the only time I can recall IM scoring at Swynie for us we lost 5-1!

Sorry for being a smart-****.

Brainwrong

Spaktacuradge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Btw, it wiz 2-2 when Tam missed the pen.

Also, the only time I can recall IM scoring at Swynie for us we lost 5-1!

Sorry for being a smart-****.
You'd be mair smert of you got my initial correct ;)

Perhaps I dreamt the goals. I think he perhaps made two last ditch saves then, contributing to the mogadon-like derby experience, which, iirc was being taken in by some kants fae boyzone due to Alan Maybury (Gunt at the time) being mates wi one of them.

tricky

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Did Mark Fulton ever score two own goals in a game for us? Definitely put a few in for the opposition mid 80s

Jello Biafra

Johnny Cash Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Did Mark Fulton ever score two own goals in a game for us? Definitely put a few in for the opposition mid 80s
Not to my knowledge, T. However, he did score 2 ogs during the 1985-86 season:
1) Celtic's 4th in their 5-0 victory in the absolute pishing rain on Saturday, 7 September 1985. (N.B. This was exactly three days after the 4-4 (4-3 on pens) Skol Cup q-f. Also, the ref in the league game was notorious Hibs hater Alan Ferguson of Giffnock. His previous game at ER had also resulted in a 5-0 away win: Aberdeen on Sat, 23.3.1985 (lots of missiles thrown; major bother between the casuals pre-match). And AF sent Gordon Rae off at 2-0 for Celtic.)
2) Dundee United's first in their 2-1 win at ER on Saturday, 3 May 1986. Wonder how hertz got on that day?!

tricky

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Cheers must have been mistaken but remember both own goals, as you have mentioned recently the 85/86 season was very exciting and the last one before the game changed when Souness and the big bucks arrived

Jello Biafra

Johnny Cash Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Cheers must have been mistaken but remember both own goals, as you have mentioned recently the 85/86 season was very exciting and the last one before the game changed when Souness and the big bucks arrived
Yes, indeed, sir. If the film 'Sliding Doors' (with Gwyneth Paltrow and John Hannah; I'm assuming you've seen it; I saw it with my then gf shortly after we got relegated in 1998) was set in Scottish football in 1986, and Souness did not join the dead club, it would be wonderfully interesting to see how the intervening 33 years transpired.

Perhaps the dead club would have died earlier!

Hamilton v Hibs

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel