• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Wheels are Off

Bollocks... attacking at ER at times away from home no chance. No chance at ibrox.

Ps count on one hands how many games missed watching mogadon Miller
Opinions eh? I would never have classed Michael o’neill, crunchie, Keith Wright, Archibald and wee Micky weir as having a defensive bone in their bodies, Alex was over cautious at times but it must have been the drugs but I do have some good memories watching his teams

Wanted PHB to do well. Was delighted that we were off the mark sharp in the transfer window, then.....seen some of the new signings, saw PHB tinkering with game time throughout the LC group (players no got enough miles under their belts), see the fuckin boring tactics.

My conclusion, PHB is not the right man for Hibs or Scottish Football. He’s no up to this job, will be lucky to see out the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanted PHB to do well. Was delighted that we were off the mark sharp in the transfer window, then......seen some of the new signings, saw PHB tinkering with game time throughout the LC group (players no got enough miles under their belts), see the fuckin boring tactics.

My conclusion, PHB is not the right man for Hibs or Scottish Football. He’s no up to this job, will be lucky to see out the year.

I think he will get enough wins against the likes of st mirren and Hamilton but it's going to be a Fucking painful watch - question is how ambitious we are as a club - heckingbutcher has no fuckin ambition whatsoever

Wanted PHB to do well. Was delighted that we were off the mark sharp in the transfer window, then......seen some of the new signings, saw PHB tinkering with game time throughout the LC group (players no got enough miles under their belts), see the fuckin boring tactics.

If it was up to me I'd give him his jotters tomorrow

If it was up to me I'd give him his jotters tomorrow

Wouldn't argue with that at all - Stubbs or Strachan would probbaly take the job

To replace Milligan , Omeonga and Mcnulty with Vela , Newell , and Doidge is incompetence of the highest order by whoever was responsible ?

Just forced myself to watch the highlights.....but for Ofir, that could have been a lot more.PHB has to go, I'm afraid. Hibs looked totally pish: a confused,shapeless pub team that made them look like Galacticos.The game stats tell the same tale; something like 34 shots on the Hibs goal.

Just forced myself to watch the highlights.....but for Ofir, that could have been a lot more.PHB has to go, I'm afraid. Hibs looked totally pish: a confused,shapeless pub team that made them look like Galacticos.The game stats tell the same tale; something like 34 shots on the Hibs goal.

Watched them back again too. That’s no exaggeration to say it could have been double figures if not for Ofir.

I think the dig required at Ibrox (or against the OF in general) was missing and hasn't been there since Heckingbottom arrived. I don't think he is as bad a manager as some but its becoming clear he does not understand Scottish football and what is required against certain teams and at certain grounds. Its weird too, because he is always harping on about the variety in our league... Its not just a variance in quality though, attitude has a lot to do with it. Expecting to play a nice game of possession football at the Hunnery is madness but I think that's what he prepared the team to do,and they looked absolutely lost against an aggressive opposition out for blood.

When Stubbs and Lennon were getting results against the Rangers, the zombies still had better teams than us on paper but we got in their faces and it rattled them.

The Rangers, Celtic and most importantly the Hearts will turn us over this season unless a bit of fight is instilled.

Last edited:
I’ve seen a lot of comments about how PHB doesn’t understand Scottish football properly, and I think I have to agree.

That got me thinking about our managers over the last 10-15 years. Now I’ve no stats to back this up, but it feels like to me that ex Old Firm players seem to get better results against them than the others. Also the three trophies (Championship title included) were won in than time were all delivered by ex-Celtic players - Collins, Stubbs & Lennon.

Is there something in that or just coincidence? Perhaps it’s an understanding of how a big club should act and what the standards are. Don’t get me wrong there are plenty of terrible ex-OF managers out there, but maybe it’s an extra box to tick when looking for a manager.

I’ve seen a lot of comments about how PHB doesn’t understand Scottish football properly, and I think I have to agree.

That got me thinking about our managers over the last 10-15 years. Now I’ve no stats to back this up, but it feels like to me that ex Old Firm players seem to get better results against them than the others. Also the three trophies (Championship title included) were won in than time were all delivered by ex-Celtic players - Collins, Stubbs & Lennon.

Is there something in that or just coincidence? Perhaps it’s an understanding of how a big club should act and what the standards are. Don’t get me wrong there are plenty of terrible ex-OF managers out there, but maybe it’s an extra box to tick when looking for a manager.
Add Alex Miller to that list.....though it may cause some consternation, but he did win a trophy in what was a very testing time for The Hibs.

Where do Butcher, Auld and Hughes fit in with that theory? I reckon more down to the individual.

Where do Butcher, Auld and Hughes fit in with that theory? I reckon more down to the individual.
As Hibeezab said, theres quite a number of terrible ex OF managers too. It was something to consider, not a hard and fast rule.

I would bring Stubbsy back asap

I would bring Stubbsy back asap
Not for me, can't bear the thought of the fans turning on him after what he's done for us. Also there's the fact he didn't manage to get us out the championship and hasn't had much success since he left

Not for me, can't bear the thought of the fans turning on him after what he's done for us. Also there's the fact he didn't manage to get us out the championship and hasn't had much success since he left

He won us the cup, for me he gets Hibs and knows the Scottish game inside out, Can't judge him from his time at St Mirren where he was working on a shoe string budget, I know there is still anger about him leaving for Rotherham, but our current manager has wasted our budget which would have been a lot more than what Stubbsy had at St Mirren, Stubbsy would have had better quality signings over the shite Heck has brought in.

John Collins , if it’s fitness that’s the problem , seeing as TF and RP are gone ?

John Collins , if it’s fitness that’s the problem , seeing as TF and RP are gone ?
Decent shout, Joe, but we're jumping the gun a bit.
Hecky has to be given a chance to put this right.
Unless our new owner is a hire 'em and fire 'em type, he will give PH some time to do the job.

Imagine him and Newell doing the sit up challenge?

Decent shout, Joe, but we're jumping the gun a bit.
Hecky has to be given a chance to put this right.
Unless our new owner is a hire 'em and fire 'em type, he will give PH some time to do the job.
Agreed , but timing will be important ?

Signed dross as well. And poor manmanagement.

Reactions: Zab
He won us the cup, for me he gets Hibs and knows the Scottish game inside out, Can't judge him from his time at St Mirren where he was working on a shoe string budget, I know there is still anger about him leaving for Rotherham, but our current manager has wasted our budget which would have been a lot more than what Stubbsy had at St Mirren, Stubbsy would have had better quality signings over the shite Heck has brought in.
Don't get me wrong I would love for Stubbsy to successfully manage Hibs in the Premiership and I agree, but whoever comes in isn't able to sign any more players so in my opinion we need someone who's able to get the best out of who we already have, and I'm just not sure he's that man

As I said there’s plenty of terrible examples. And it does come down to the individual, but perhaps managers from the English lower leagues just don’t get the whole big club thing.

Don't get me wrong I would love for Stubbsy to successfully manage Hibs in the Premiership and I agree, but whoever comes in isn't able to sign any more players so in my opinion we need someone who's able to get the best out of who we already have, and I'm just not sure he's that man

Stubbs isn’t actually a good manager. He galvanised the club and was the right man at the right time, but let’s not forget he lead us the 3rd in the championship. And his subsequent jobs cannot be written off.

Indeed,Kenny.
Any manager needs luck.
More so if money is an object!

Cant even remember who he signed

worse than dross . Newell and doidge (did we seriously pay £350,000 for this boy) are no better than soares and vine from a few years back.just hope we dont have another few results like yesterdays against the pigs, before we fucking realise it.

Cant even remember who he signed
Off the top of my head, Alan O'Brien and Michel Antoine-Courier (sp?) among several other wastes of space

Stubbs isn’t actually a good manager. He galvanised the club and was the right man at the right time, but let’s not forget he lead us the 3rd in the championship. And his subsequent jobs cannot be written off.

If he didn't win the cup folk would have wanted him out and for good reason.

Reactions: Zab

A bit unfair there mate, as mentioned Stubbsy never had the same budget as Heck did, Stubbsy came in and got all the confidence back into the team after the destruction caused by TB & MM yet you think he isn't a good manager.

Who do we want in when he fucks off?
Boris Johnson will be out of a job soon. Is he any good at fitba?

A bit unfair there mate, as mentioned Stubbsy never had the same budget as Heck did, Stubbsy came in and got all the confidence back into the team after the destruction caused by TB & MM yet you think he isn't a good manager.

Had he not won the cup that would have been a disastrous season, who knows where we’d be right now. Obviously we did win it, and Stubbs rightfully will always be hailed for it. But his overall career record suggests he isn’t a good manager, and he’ll struggle to ever get another decent job.

Had he not won the cup that would have been a disastrous season, who knows where we’d be right now. Obviously we did win it, and Stubbs rightfully will always be hailed for it. But his overall career record suggests he isn’t a good manager, and he’ll struggle to ever get another decent job.

He was never given a chance on a poor budget mate

He was never given a chance on a poor budget mate

We had a substantially bigger budget than Falkirk, and finished behind them.

We had a substantially bigger budget than Falkirk, and finished behind them.

Did Falkirk have a broken team with zero confidence?

Boris Johnson will be out of a job soon. Is he any good at fitba?
Not sure how he'd fare as a manager but as a player he had a bit of fight about him :lookaround:
Here he is doing his best YLT Daz impression

Did Falkirk have a broken team with zero confidence?

Did we in the second Championship season? Absolutely not.

Can't believe the content of this thread.

Unacceptable result, I agree, but the level of dross being posted is at a new high.

The only ones who will be cheered up by this is the Jambos who will be can have a laugh at us when these posts are shoved on social media.

Need to give him time and see what the response is in the next games, then we will see what sort of manager he is.

Unacceptable result, I agree, but the level of dross being posted is at a new high.

The only ones who will be cheered up by this is the Jambos who will be can have a laugh at us when these posts are shoved on social media.

Need to give him time and see what the response is in the next games, then we will see what sort of manager he is.
Of course, that is a big worry for some.
What hertz fans think.
Fuck 'em

So your honestly going to be happy when we don't bring anyone else in and go with our current squad?

This thread has been viewed 11973 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back