• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

What you're eating. What you're drinking. What you're watching?

I am having some wee cake things from the Mercadona pick and mix with a large black coffee, reading the bounce on the balcony of my apartment in Spain. Had the violent skitters for the last two days, suspect it’s a touch of food poisoning. Mrs 1875 is in bed with a chest infection. To think I have been waiting for this trip for 3 years!☹️
Instant karma for brekkie.

I'm surprised you're taking orange juice along with your arthritis tablets as citrus fruit and drinks exacerbate the condition. Try taking your tablets with something else and see how that goes.
Thanks. I never knew that. I take 15 tablets a day. Naproxen, co-codomol, tramadol, amitriptyline two types of vitamin tablets and occasionally dihydrocodeine.

My mates trying turmeric tablets so I'm getting some this weekend.

But cheers for the heads up I'll have a wee read about it tonight

Thanks. I never knew that. I take 15 tablets a day. Naproxen, co-codomol, tramadol, amitriptyline two types of vitamin tablets and occasionally dihydrocodeine.

My mates trying turmeric tablets so I'm getting some this weekend.

But cheers for the heads up I'll have a wee read about it tonight
Don't swap orange for grapefruit, that's worse.

Cheers folks. I didn't really think about what I was eating before and it's harm.

I quickly browsed the NHS arthritis site and the first few things they mentioned no to eat or drink I've had this week.

While waiting on the plumbers to get oot the way i read this. Everything I like is bad for me.

So it looks like I'm eating things I never thought i would.
Watching adverts on't telly advertising things i do like

And drinking is apparently in dispute according to the web site so I can still guzzle a Peroni.

I had to give up work earlier than I'd planned due to crippling osteo arthritis in my spine. Was veggie for 15 years but going fully vegan and doing some intermittent fasting has worked wonders. Tramadol still lying in the drawer where I chucked it yonks ago. Dairy is a bastard! but that's a whole other conversation.

I had to give up work earlier than I'd planned due to crippling osteo arthritis in my spine. Was veggie for 15 years but going fully vegan and doing some intermittent fasting has worked wonders. Tramadol still lying in the drawer where I chucked it yonks ago. Dairy is a bastard! but that's a whole other conversation.
If you don't mind me asking what would be your day food wise?

And see if your just relaxing what would you snack on if hungry?

How long do you fast for?

Aye tramadol can be nippy. Scratching away like a hound with fleas.

Sorry if I'm being intrusive but I am interested. I'm climbing up and down tower scaffold just now and it's havoc with my knee.

I used to get cortisone injections into my knee but the geezer left the practice.

All my fingers are affected and it now seems to be in my knuckles.

If you don't mind me asking what would be your day food wise?

And see if your just relaxing what would you snack on if hungry?

How long do you fast for?

Aye tramadol can be nippy. Scratching away like a hound with fleas.

Sorry if I'm being intrusive but I am interested. I'm climbing up and down tower scaffold just now and it's havoc with my knee.

I used to get cortisone injections into my knee but the geezer left the practice.

All my fingers are affected and it now seems to be in my knuckles.
I live on the beach so the first thing is the heat...brilliant.
A typical day..
Breakfast..raw oats with a papaya/avocado/banana/blueberries combination and oat milk. Black coffee no milk or sugar.
Mid afternoon..a huge plate of steamed or fried vegetables (remember over here the choice is endless) with rice or noodles. Loads of cold water to drink.
That's it. I try not to eat after 6pm and hardly ever snack. Knowing you're doing IF helps to stop snacking at night.
My IF is usually 14-16 hours but maybe once a fortnight I'll do a 24 or 36 hour fast. It's not just for weight loss but to get your body into autophagy (repair mode)
I can now, and regularly do walk minimum 5k but more usually 8-10k every morning. Not that long ago I could hardly bend to tie my laces.

Meant to say IF I do snack it's fruit, sometimes toast with peanut butter or if I'm going daft, chips in the air fryer.

I don't usually bother with breakfast. Only occasionally. The tablets put me off eating sometimes.

At work it's usually something cheap from Greggs.

I'm going to need to have a good rethink about my health. I waited 2 years on a replacement left knee and have been told it's a minimum of 3 years for my right knee.

I couldn't walk 2 mile without needing to stop.

Thanks for your input mate it's much appreciated hearing from someone who was knackered with arthritis. 👍

I don't usually bother with breakfast. Only occasionally. The tablets put me off eating sometimes.

At work it's usually something cheap from Greggs.

I'm going to need to have a good rethink about my health. I waited 2 years on a replacement left knee and have been told it's a minimum of 3 years for my right knee.

I couldn't walk 2 mile without needing to stop.

Thanks for your input mate it's much appreciated hearing from someone who was knackered with arthritis. 👍
You're very welcome. There's load of info out there and plenty evidence to suggest some cases can be managed and even reversed by lifestyle changes. I seem to be one of the lucky ones.

A cup of tea and watching an episode of Southland

As with someone else on here I watched Legend last night.Not the best movie I have ever seen I watched scene after scene of horrendous violence that made much of what went on with Casual culture pretty Mickey Mouse .It got to the point-Ron raping his wife when I decided I'd had enough,i went up to my bed tired and scunnered.How anybody saw these two *&*^ as heros baffled me,the Mitchell bros. they wernae,can't remember what happened, hope they both ended up incarcerated until death (pretty sure they did).Anyway another member mentioned it so I thought I would.

This is more like it,just finished cheese and biscuits and black coffee,watching Rain Man.

Seafood Paella, a bottle of good Rioja and the bounce on my balcony. It was 37oC here today.

Attachments

• B3B86838-E510-4E92-BA7B-3B785D9CF3C8.jpeg
    B3B86838-E510-4E92-BA7B-3B785D9CF3C8.jpeg
    404.4 KB · Views: 8
Seafood Paella, a bottle of good Rioja and the bounce on my balcony. It was 37oC here today.
Grub looks good.

But I don’t recommend jumping up and down on the balcony.

Unless you know your downstairs neighbour well. Or want to.

Grub looks good.

But I don’t recommend jumping up and down on the balcony.

Unless you know your downstairs neighbour well. Or want to.
Dropping in for an aperitif, perhaps 😉

As with someone else on here I watched Legend last night.Not the best movie I have ever seen I watched scene after scene of horrendous violence that made much of what went on with Casual culture pretty Mickey Mouse .It got to the point-Ron raping his wife when I decided I'd had enough,i went up to my bed tired and scunnered.How anybody saw these two *&*^ as heros baffled me,the Mitchell bros. they wernae,can't remember what happened, hope they both ended up incarcerated until death (pretty sure they did).Anyway another member mentioned it so I thought I would.
I've never understood the near adoration these *&*^ and their like still generate to this day.

Cup of tea. Slice of toast.

And watching this wee Vice documentary about Scotland's Cocaine problem.

Strong black coffee and jam and toast on my balcony in Spain. Heading to Seville for 5 days of intense heat and to see my oldest boy who we have not seen for a month in a wee while.

Strong black coffee and jam and toast on my balcony in Spain. Heading to Seville for 5 days on intense heat in a wee while.
I'm sure all of us heading to our toil are in no way jealous.

No not at all 😢

I live on the beach so the first thing is the heat...brilliant.
A typical day..
Breakfast..raw oats with a papaya/avocado/banana/blueberries combination and oat milk. Black coffee no milk or sugar.
Mid afternoon..a huge plate of steamed or fried vegetables (remember over here the choice is endless) with rice or noodles. Loads of cold water to drink.
That's it. I try not to eat after 6pm and hardly ever snack. Knowing you're doing IF helps to stop snacking at night.
My IF is usually 14-16 hours but maybe once a fortnight I'll do a 24 or 36 hour fast. It's not just for weight loss but to get your body into autophagy (repair mode)
I can now, and regularly do walk minimum 5k but more usually 8-10k every morning. Not that long ago I could hardly bend to tie my laces.
I'm vegan for many years. A fat one. Far too much Guinness over the years with type 2 diabetes.
Started Kito (low carbs, high fat) and Intermittent Fasting since 5th August last year .
I've lost 5 stones, reversed diabetes 2. No more metformin, empagliflozin and 3 x drugs for high blood pressure.
Bake and eat homemade kito, no wheat flour bread, also make fermented Kimchi, Sauerkraut and Kefir.
No spuds or beer for not a kick in the arse of 1 year. Polish vodka and water bevvy of choice now, zero carbs .
Real game changer is Intermittent Fasting. OMAD one meal a day) in a two hour window. However, like you occasional extended fasts.
Thank you Dr Jason Fung.

20220214_151733.jpg

BIG G

Fantastic! Congratulations on the weight loss and getting off the medication.

Fantastic! Congratulations on the weight loss and getting off the medication.
To say it's been easy going would would get me an honourable mention in the Johnson Book of Blatant Lies.

BIG G

G
I was just about to pose that question.

How hard was it to change your mindset to eat and drink better?

I've to lose weight before I'd be considered for a replacement right knee.

I can fast for a day.

But it's the shite i eat and drink.

ill look into that keto diet when i get hame.

G

I can fast for a day.

There are loads of great Kito recipes online for meat eaters and non meat eaters alike.

It certainly got easier when results started to happen like blood sugars stabilising and reducing back to acceptable levels.
Firing down to the Heart, Chest and Stroke charity shop in Leith, donating clothes that were too big gave some satisfaction too. Jean size 44 a year ago to 36 at present.
It's remarkable how once your body becomes ketone adapted, hunger pangs do subside dramatically.
One iron law is don't eat for eating sake if not hungry and bin snacking.

BIG G

G

I can fast for a day.

BIG G

20220708_201440.jpgFree trip to Venus for anyone who can id all 3 thread items accurately 😑

View attachment 8733Free trip to Venus for anyone who can id all 3 thread items accurately 😑
Wimbers Budels and crispy chicken oot the Chinese.
Do they accept Euros on Venus?

Wimbers Budels and crispy chicken oot the Chinese.
Do they accept Euros on Venus?
1/3 cos you're a pal otherwise would need game too

sgnd ammacvnt

There are loads of great Kito recipes online for meat eaters and non meat eaters alike.

It certainly got easier when results started to happen like blood sugars stabilising and reducing back to acceptable levels.
Firing down to the Heart, Chest and Stroke charity shop in Leith, donating clothes that were too big gave some satisfaction too. Jean size 44 a year ago to 36 at present.
It's remarkable how once your body becomes ketone adapted, hunger pangs do subside dramatically.
One iron law is don't eat for eating sake if not hungry and bin snacking.

BIG G
G
How hard did you find it cutting out the Guinness? The drink is going to be hard for me.
Since I got divorced my hoose is like Heartbreak Hotel.
Every time someone falls oot with their missus it's down to mine with a cairry oot.

G
How hard did you find it cutting out the Guinness? The drink is going to be hard for me.
Every time someone falls oot with their missus it's down to mine with a cairry oot.
Depends how much and why you want to cut out the bevvy Jimmy. If you think you're addicted then admitting it to yourself is the first step. If you just want to be healthier then read something like "stop drinking now" by Allen Carr (not the unfunny comedian)
Constantly reminding yourself why you're doing something helps. So regularly watching videos on youtube on the downside of alcohol and what it's doing to your body is a big help if willpower alone isn't working.
For me it was all or nothing. I had to stop completely. Perhaps people can cut down successfully, I'm not sure.

R
Depends how much and why you want to cut out the bevvy Jimmy. If you think you're addicted then admitting it to yourself is the first step. If you just want to be healthier then read something like "stop drinking now" by Allen Carr (not the unfunny comedian)
Constantly reminding yourself why you're doing something helps. So regularly watching videos on youtube on the downside of alcohol and what it's doing to your body is a big help if willpower alone isn't working.
For me it was all or nothing. I had to stop completely. Perhaps people can cut down successfully, I'm not sure.
Aye i mind reading you posting about the drinking.
I don't drink every day but i do like a pink after my graft.
I think it's more to do with the weight issues.

I'm on week three of no alcohol Monday - Friday, inclusive. On each weekend I've had a combined total of three glasses of wine and two whiskies.
That will no doubt increase when I'm back to going to games with the lads 😕
Edit: That was in response to Big G

I'm on week three of no alcohol Monday - Friday, inclusive. On each weekend I've had a combined total of three glasses of wine and two whiskies.
That will no doubt increase when I'm back to going to games with the lads 😕
Great that you can cut down, stick with it. For me one glass of wine would certainly become a 5 litre box 🙁

G
Ask them to bring Polish Vodka instead and nae crisps!

BIG G

G
I'm a gin or whisky man myself. My pal in Canada swears by that keto diet she's been doing it for a while now.

Having a cup of tea. Watching filler drying on a ceiling and listening to The Colorblind James Experience...

Cup of tea. Nothing to eat as I'm no hungry. Just watched a wee clip about the Mo Farrah documentary that's coming on.

Looks very interesting.

Having a cup of tea. Watching filler drying on a ceiling and listening to The Colorblind James Experience...

Can you tell if the filler’s dry by looking or have to touch it 🤷‍♂️

This thread has been viewed 255075 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back