What you're eating. What you're drinking. What you're watching?

EH17 Jimmy

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Strong black coffee and jam and toast on my balcony in Spain. Heading to Seville for 5 days on intense heat in a wee while.
I'm sure all of us heading to our toil are in no way jealous.

No not at all 😢

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
I live on the beach so the first thing is the heat...brilliant.
A typical day..
Breakfast..raw oats with a papaya/avocado/banana/blueberries combination and oat milk. Black coffee no milk or sugar.
Mid afternoon..a huge plate of steamed or fried vegetables (remember over here the choice is endless) with rice or noodles. Loads of cold water to drink.
That's it. I try not to eat after 6pm and hardly ever snack. Knowing you're doing IF helps to stop snacking at night.
My IF is usually 14-16 hours but maybe once a fortnight I'll do a 24 or 36 hour fast. It's not just for weight loss but to get your body into autophagy (repair mode)
I can now, and regularly do walk minimum 5k but more usually 8-10k every morning. Not that long ago I could hardly bend to tie my laces.
I'm vegan for many years. A fat one. Far too much Guinness over the years with type 2 diabetes.
Started Kito (low carbs, high fat) and Intermittent Fasting since 5th August last year .
I've lost 5 stones, reversed diabetes 2. No more metformin, empagliflozin and 3 x drugs for high blood pressure.
Bake and eat homemade kito, no wheat flour bread, also make fermented Kimchi, Sauerkraut and Kefir.
No spuds or beer for not a kick in the arse of 1 year. Polish vodka and water bevvy of choice now, zero carbs .
Real game changer is Intermittent Fasting. OMAD one meal a day) in a two hour window. However, like you occasional extended fasts.
Thank you Dr Jason Fung.

20220214_151733.jpg

BIG G

ILHTD

Sober at last radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Fantastic! Congratulations on the weight loss and getting off the medication.

EH17 Jimmy

Just A Radge
Reaction score
G
I was just about to pose that question.

How hard was it to change your mindset to eat and drink better?

I've to lose weight before I'd be considered for a replacement right knee.

I can fast for a day.

But it's the shite i eat and drink.

ill look into that keto diet when i get hame.

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
G

I can fast for a day.

There are loads of great Kito recipes online for meat eaters and non meat eaters alike.

It certainly got easier when results started to happen like blood sugars stabilising and reducing back to acceptable levels.
Firing down to the Heart, Chest and Stroke charity shop in Leith, donating clothes that were too big gave some satisfaction too. Jean size 44 a year ago to 36 at present.
It's remarkable how once your body becomes ketone adapted, hunger pangs do subside dramatically.
One iron law is don't eat for eating sake if not hungry and bin snacking.

BIG G

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
G

I can fast for a day.

BIG G

HaarlemShuffler

Coffeeshop Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
20220708_201440.jpgFree trip to Venus for anyone who can id all 3 thread items accurately 😑

EH17 Jimmy

Just A Radge
Reaction score
There are loads of great Kito recipes online for meat eaters and non meat eaters alike.

It certainly got easier when results started to happen like blood sugars stabilising and reducing back to acceptable levels.
Firing down to the Heart, Chest and Stroke charity shop in Leith, donating clothes that were too big gave some satisfaction too. Jean size 44 a year ago to 36 at present.
It's remarkable how once your body becomes ketone adapted, hunger pangs do subside dramatically.
One iron law is don't eat for eating sake if not hungry and bin snacking.

BIG G
G
How hard did you find it cutting out the Guinness? The drink is going to be hard for me.
Since I got divorced my hoose is like Heartbreak Hotel.
Every time someone falls oot with their missus it's down to mine with a cairry oot.

ILHTD

Sober at last radge
Private Member
Reaction score
G
How hard did you find it cutting out the Guinness? The drink is going to be hard for me.
Every time someone falls oot with their missus it's down to mine with a cairry oot.
Depends how much and why you want to cut out the bevvy Jimmy. If you think you're addicted then admitting it to yourself is the first step. If you just want to be healthier then read something like "stop drinking now" by Allen Carr (not the unfunny comedian)
Constantly reminding yourself why you're doing something helps. So regularly watching videos on youtube on the downside of alcohol and what it's doing to your body is a big help if willpower alone isn't working.
For me it was all or nothing. I had to stop completely. Perhaps people can cut down successfully, I'm not sure.

EH17 Jimmy

Just A Radge
Reaction score
R
Depends how much and why you want to cut out the bevvy Jimmy. If you think you're addicted then admitting it to yourself is the first step. If you just want to be healthier then read something like "stop drinking now" by Allen Carr (not the unfunny comedian)
Constantly reminding yourself why you're doing something helps. So regularly watching videos on youtube on the downside of alcohol and what it's doing to your body is a big help if willpower alone isn't working.
For me it was all or nothing. I had to stop completely. Perhaps people can cut down successfully, I'm not sure.
Aye i mind reading you posting about the drinking.
I don't drink every day but i do like a pink after my graft.
I think it's more to do with the weight issues.

Weehibbydrew

Mellowed Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
I'm on week three of no alcohol Monday - Friday, inclusive. On each weekend I've had a combined total of three glasses of wine and two whiskies.
That will no doubt increase when I'm back to going to games with the lads 😕
Edit: That was in response to Big G

ILHTD

Sober at last radge
Private Member
Reaction score
I'm on week three of no alcohol Monday - Friday, inclusive. On each weekend I've had a combined total of three glasses of wine and two whiskies.
That will no doubt increase when I'm back to going to games with the lads 😕
Great that you can cut down, stick with it. For me one glass of wine would certainly become a 5 litre box 🙁

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
G
Ask them to bring Polish Vodka instead and nae crisps!

BIG G

EH17 Jimmy

Just A Radge
Reaction score
G
I'm a gin or whisky man myself. My pal in Canada swears by that keto diet she's been doing it for a while now.

EH17 Jimmy

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Having a cup of tea. Watching filler drying on a ceiling and listening to The Colorblind James Experience...

EH17 Jimmy

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Cup of tea. Nothing to eat as I'm no hungry. Just watched a wee clip about the Mo Farrah documentary that's coming on.

Looks very interesting.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here

This thread has been viewed 165110 times.

Support the Site!

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£60.00