What you're eating. What you're drinking. What you're watching?

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
I am having some wee cake things from the Mercadona pick and mix with a large black coffee, reading the bounce on the balcony of my apartment in Spain. Had the violent skitters for the last two days, suspect it’s a touch of food poisoning. Mrs 1875 is in bed with a chest infection. To think I have been waiting for this trip for 3 years!☹️
Instant karma for brekkie.

EH17 Jimmy

Just A Radge
Reaction score
I'm surprised you're taking orange juice along with your arthritis tablets as citrus fruit and drinks exacerbate the condition. Try taking your tablets with something else and see how that goes.
Thanks. I never knew that. I take 15 tablets a day. Naproxen, co-codomol, tramadol, amitriptyline two types of vitamin tablets and occasionally dihydrocodeine.

My mates trying turmeric tablets so I'm getting some this weekend.

But cheers for the heads up I'll have a wee read about it tonight

ILHTD

Sober at last radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I never knew that. I take 15 tablets a day. Naproxen, co-codomol, tramadol, amitriptyline two types of vitamin tablets and occasionally dihydrocodeine.

My mates trying turmeric tablets so I'm getting some this weekend.

But cheers for the heads up I'll have a wee read about it tonight
Don't swap orange for grapefruit, that's worse.

EH17 Jimmy

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Cheers folks. I didn't really think about what I was eating before and it's harm.

I quickly browsed the NHS arthritis site and the first few things they mentioned no to eat or drink I've had this week.

EH17 Jimmy

Just A Radge
Reaction score
While waiting on the plumbers to get oot the way i read this. Everything I like is bad for me.

So it looks like I'm eating things I never thought i would.
Watching adverts on't telly advertising things i do like

And drinking is apparently in dispute according to the web site so I can still guzzle a Peroni.

ILHTD

Sober at last radge
Private Member
Reaction score
I had to give up work earlier than I'd planned due to crippling osteo arthritis in my spine. Was veggie for 15 years but going fully vegan and doing some intermittent fasting has worked wonders. Tramadol still lying in the drawer where I chucked it yonks ago. Dairy is a bastard! but that's a whole other conversation.

EH17 Jimmy

Just A Radge
Reaction score
I had to give up work earlier than I'd planned due to crippling osteo arthritis in my spine. Was veggie for 15 years but going fully vegan and doing some intermittent fasting has worked wonders. Tramadol still lying in the drawer where I chucked it yonks ago. Dairy is a bastard! but that's a whole other conversation.
If you don't mind me asking what would be your day food wise?

And see if your just relaxing what would you snack on if hungry?

How long do you fast for?

Aye tramadol can be nippy. Scratching away like a hound with fleas.

Sorry if I'm being intrusive but I am interested. I'm climbing up and down tower scaffold just now and it's havoc with my knee.

I used to get cortisone injections into my knee but the geezer left the practice.

All my fingers are affected and it now seems to be in my knuckles.

ILHTD

Sober at last radge
Private Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking what would be your day food wise?

And see if your just relaxing what would you snack on if hungry?

How long do you fast for?

Aye tramadol can be nippy. Scratching away like a hound with fleas.

Sorry if I'm being intrusive but I am interested. I'm climbing up and down tower scaffold just now and it's havoc with my knee.

I used to get cortisone injections into my knee but the geezer left the practice.

All my fingers are affected and it now seems to be in my knuckles.
I live on the beach so the first thing is the heat...brilliant.
A typical day..
Breakfast..raw oats with a papaya/avocado/banana/blueberries combination and oat milk. Black coffee no milk or sugar.
Mid afternoon..a huge plate of steamed or fried vegetables (remember over here the choice is endless) with rice or noodles. Loads of cold water to drink.
That's it. I try not to eat after 6pm and hardly ever snack. Knowing you're doing IF helps to stop snacking at night.
My IF is usually 14-16 hours but maybe once a fortnight I'll do a 24 or 36 hour fast. It's not just for weight loss but to get your body into autophagy (repair mode)
I can now, and regularly do walk minimum 5k but more usually 8-10k every morning. Not that long ago I could hardly bend to tie my laces.

ILHTD

Sober at last radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Meant to say IF I do snack it's fruit, sometimes toast with peanut butter or if I'm going daft, chips in the air fryer.

EH17 Jimmy

Just A Radge
Reaction score
I don't usually bother with breakfast. Only occasionally. The tablets put me off eating sometimes.

At work it's usually something cheap from Greggs.

I'm going to need to have a good rethink about my health. I waited 2 years on a replacement left knee and have been told it's a minimum of 3 years for my right knee.

I couldn't walk 2 mile without needing to stop.

Thanks for your input mate it's much appreciated hearing from someone who was knackered with arthritis. 👍

ILHTD

Sober at last radge
Private Member
Reaction score
I don't usually bother with breakfast. Only occasionally. The tablets put me off eating sometimes.

At work it's usually something cheap from Greggs.

I'm going to need to have a good rethink about my health. I waited 2 years on a replacement left knee and have been told it's a minimum of 3 years for my right knee.

I couldn't walk 2 mile without needing to stop.

Thanks for your input mate it's much appreciated hearing from someone who was knackered with arthritis. 👍
You're very welcome. There's load of info out there and plenty evidence to suggest some cases can be managed and even reversed by lifestyle changes. I seem to be one of the lucky ones.

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
As with someone else on here I watched Legend last night.Not the best movie I have ever seen I watched scene after scene of horrendous violence that made much of what went on with Casual culture pretty Mickey Mouse .It got to the point-Ron raping his wife when I decided I'd had enough,i went up to my bed tired and scunnered.How anybody saw these two *&*^ as heros baffled me,the Mitchell bros. they wernae,can't remember what happened, hope they both ended up incarcerated until death (pretty sure they did).Anyway another member mentioned it so I thought I would.

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
This is more like it,just finished cheese and biscuits and black coffee,watching Rain Man.

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Seafood Paella, a bottle of good Rioja and the bounce on my balcony. It was 37oC here today.

Attachments

• B3B86838-E510-4E92-BA7B-3B785D9CF3C8.jpeg
    B3B86838-E510-4E92-BA7B-3B785D9CF3C8.jpeg
    404.4 KB · Views: 8

Doc Shrink

Curmudgeon Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Seafood Paella, a bottle of good Rioja and the bounce on my balcony. It was 37oC here today.
Grub looks good.

But I don’t recommend jumping up and down on the balcony.

Unless you know your downstairs neighbour well. Or want to.

ILHTD

Sober at last radge
Private Member
Reaction score
As with someone else on here I watched Legend last night.Not the best movie I have ever seen I watched scene after scene of horrendous violence that made much of what went on with Casual culture pretty Mickey Mouse .It got to the point-Ron raping his wife when I decided I'd had enough,i went up to my bed tired and scunnered.How anybody saw these two *&*^ as heros baffled me,the Mitchell bros. they wernae,can't remember what happened, hope they both ended up incarcerated until death (pretty sure they did).Anyway another member mentioned it so I thought I would.
I've never understood the near adoration these *&*^ and their like still generate to this day.

EH17 Jimmy

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Cup of tea. Slice of toast.

And watching this wee Vice documentary about Scotland's Cocaine problem.

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Strong black coffee and jam and toast on my balcony in Spain. Heading to Seville for 5 days of intense heat and to see my oldest boy who we have not seen for a month in a wee while.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here

This thread has been viewed 157237 times.

Support the Site!

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75