What should Yogi be saying? (1 Viewer)

BVilleggiante

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Every time Yogi comes out in the press urging his players on or telling the fans to stick together he gets ripped into on the Bounce. Not saying it's not deserved, but if you were manager and found yourself in this situation, how would you handle the media? Everyone wants him to say he's the reason for the downturn in play, but then what do you say after that? What would you say that Hughes isn't or would you say anything?

EdinaHibs

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Every time Yogi comes out in the press urging his players on or telling the fans to stick together he gets ripped into on the Bounce. Not saying it's not deserved, but if you were manager and found yourself in this situation, how would you handle the media? Everyone wants him to say he's the reason for the downturn in play, but then what do you say after that? What would you say that Hughes isn't or would you say anything?

I think Yogi should shut his mouth and start listening to the majority of fans. Although managers would deny it, i believe that if the vast majority of successful managers were being truthful they would admit that they pretty much give the fans what they want unless there are underlying issues the fans don't know about.
If the fans want Galbraith to start a match then it would be wise to let him start.
If the fans Don't want Bamba at centre back then it is unwise to play him there.
End of the day it is the fans that will ultimately decide his fate and it is a lot easier for fans to accept a losing run if they are being given what they are asking for when paying their money at the gate.

However, i certainly do not want to here the same drivel repeated every week for 12months, and it would be better to here him being honest and admit Hibernian are a club in crisis.

Also fed up hearing his constant talk about how he wants his team to play ahead of matches. When he is playing cards does he tell his opponents what hand he has before putting it on the table? no, so why tell them that he is planning to come through with his siege mentality and hit them on counter attacks? all his cheap talk seems to do is gee-up the opposition.
He has to remember that when he is giving his braveheart talk on telly, or waving that Iron fist, it is not just his own team he is geeing up, it is also the opposition, who must quite frankly be laughing at him.

If he has not got the brains to know when to shut his big gob and listen, then the only thing i want him to say is "I QUIT".....

jarkko wiss

Scruffy Radge
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
"This isn't good enough and it's my job to address it."
As simple as that, instead he's come out with all sorts of pish about you and I being clueless and comparisons to the world's best sides.

blue toon hibby

Hungry Radge
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
How about "I quit"?
So you would rather he admitted defeat?

These press releases are all a pile of shite anyway, page fillers etc. I know it's never going to happen as they have to pander to the parasites that make up the media, but I would far rather hear Yogi say "Fuck off, I'm busy."

AngusB

The Hibee Formerly Known As Ayegudyin
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
If we play crap, he says we played well. If we play OK, he says we played excellent. He lies to us as though we are blind and then has the cheek to say we don't know what we're talking about.

I want him to come out and say what we all know to be the truth, that the performances are not good enough all round and there is a lot of work to be done. The players might not like it but then who do they think they are kidding?

Actually scrap that, I want him to shut up and communicate his 'philosophy' through goals and wins. Only then will his words mean anything.

kev1875

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
What they shouldn't do is label fans as "faceless wonders" then pass off what is happening at the club as stuff "fitbaw guys wid know aboot" A more patronising bullshitting Hibernian manager there has not been. Thats including Blobby.

BVilleggiante

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
I have to say I agree with this post most so far. But with the run we've had, can you just keep saying that? I think if I were him I'd stop addressing the media and spend that time addressing my tactics. But I'd let it be known that the prior time I'd used for media, I'm now using to address the problems at the club. He'll take a hit with the media, but at the end of the day who gives a shit? They aren't paying his wage. Thoughts?

"This isn't good enough and it's my job to address it."
As simple as that, instead he's come out with all sorts of pish about you and I being clueless and comparisons to the world's best sides.

TN_Hibee

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
there is nothing he could say (excluding I quit) that wouldn't get him ripped into..

eddie bres

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
The guy is an embarrassment,remember the interview with the guy from BBC,when he was asked about our poor home form,i cringed watching it,god only knows how he will react in the coming weeks if our poor form continues.Can see a Cantona reaction,ie,trying to drop kick one of the reporterscasper GGTTH.

Greenman

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
What they shouldn't do is label fans as "faceless wonders" then pass off what is happening at the club as stuff "fitbaw guys wid know aboot" A more patronising bullshitting Hibernian manager there has not been. Thats including Blobby.
Spot on he openly infers the Hibs support is populated by a shower of fcukwits who know nothing about fitbaw.

He should GTF bellend :bye:bye:bye:bye

Lexo

Optomistic Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
How about. I know our home form is poor and we need to sort it out.the fans have every right to be upset with it.it,a up to us to get it right and get them going.we maybe a bit unlucky but we need to show a bit more and fight for this club.the fans pay a lot of money to watch us so I can understand their frustration. It,a better than the pish he,a been giving us for to long now.

Sauzee's Teeth

I Was There And Went Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Reaction score
Spot on. He has patronised the supporters so much.

BVilleggiante

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
I think you should be Yogi's PR man.

How about. I know our home form is poor and we need to sort it out.the fans have every right to be upset with it.it,a up to us to get it right and get them going.we maybe a bit unlucky but we need to show a bit more and fight for this club.the fans pay a lot of money to watch us so I can understand their frustration. It,a better than the pish he,a been giving us for to long now.

whiskas

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
How about:

"
Dear Mr Petrie,

I hereby tender my resignation effective immediately.

Yours Sincerely,

John Hughes

"

andyhibee2485

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
To be honest it would be great if he, firstly, just talked a bit less. I think we've all heard enough about the Dutch way, the Barcelona style, the Man Utd intensity etc. Then, as has been mentioned, he just kept it simple and said 'it's not been good enough, we all know that and we have to improve a lot and fast (myself included).' I think Hughes is finally starting to get it that he's under pressure and that now it comes to results.

My favourite post match interview from Mixu was after we lost pathetically 2-0 in Inverness and Mixu abolsutely ripped into the players, their attitudes and their performance. We actually went on a (very) wee run after that but I suppose it's probably not the best idea to give this kind of criticism in public.

Smurf

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Spot on he openly infers the Hibs support is populated by a shower of fcukwits who know nothing about fitbaw.

He should GTF bellend :bye:bye:bye:bye
Wrong. He keeps on telling us that he won't patronize us....

It's like;

A, I have the greatest of respect for you however....
B, With the greatest of respect...

and Hughes introduces...

C, I will never patronize the supporters but....

Your correct Greenman. He's a bellend.

mental hibees

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
how about....

Yogi: Well the only team I've no mentioned in the past few weeks is Real Madrid, these guys ability, flair, strength, energy, endurance, vision and skills are there for everyone to see and they train with intensity and i say that to my players that they're as good as they guys they just need to run aboot mare, but the boys are doing that in training and they're as good as any one at the Real Madrid Stadium and i cannae fault them for their effort, but i'm looking to bring in mare experience some old heids to get us through this rough patch and i'm oot there every day walking about the under 14's, 15's and 16's and what mare incentive do these young guys need but to see me yogi the big man the gaffer letting them know that if they're good i can get them a game for East Fife or maybe Falkirk.
But it's no an easy job as the hibs support dinnae ken what they're talking about, ay ken myself as i'm a hibby and i'm fi leith and i haven't got a scooby what i'm talking aboot!!!

BurbankHibee

Micro$oft Hating Radge
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
It would be best if Hughes be as brief as possible or shut up completely. "Fitba' guys" do know what's going on. Hughes is so far out of his depth he can't see the shore. The board should gag him from talking to the media. Hughes is starting to make Duffy look like a genius.

Hibs v Motherwell

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel