• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

What Do Hibs Need This Transfer Window?

Gav1990

Just A Radge
Reaction score
We look at what we need this transfer window and discuss our picks for

• Realistic signings for positions we need
  • Semi-realistic signings that would improve the squad
  • Fantasy Signings

Who would be your 3, 1 realistic and that we need, 1 semi-realistic and 1 fantasy?

Continue reading...

Who would be your 3, 1 realistic, 1 semi-realistic & 1 fantasy?

Apple|

Spotify|

Web|

SoundCloud|

YouTube|

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

1. Omeonga
2. shinnie (derby loan)
3. SJM

realistic-semi-fantasy

but we need a few out first

Realistic; A couple of tough no-nonsense hard working midfield ball winners.
Semi-realistic; Experienced goalscoring penalty box striker on loan for six months.
Fantasy; Griffiths on loan.

1. Omeonga
2. shinnie (derby loan)
3. SJM

realistic-semi-fantasy

but we need a few out first

I think that’s the issue right there, it’s not just who you bring in, it’s who they replace who you move on - it will be one in one out.

it’s not just about better players, we have to make inroads into the squad imbalance. The sum of the parts.

Effe
Henderson
Griffiths

Effe
Henderson
Griffiths
Henderson has only played 4 games this season. Predominantly a bench warmer. Can't see him back at Hibs, not yet anyway.

If we got Griffiths great but not keen on giving game time to their players to get them fit. He's contracted for another 3 years to the manky mob.

A proper captain and leader on the field.

I think we desperately need a centre half and a ball winning midfielder, if there’s scope in the budget for more I’d like to see a poacher and a left sided winger.

There’s a few who we should look to move on if we can sort out their contracts or find other clubs to take them with Vela being the most obvious, Jackson too. We also don’t need 4 right backs at the club - if Gray is fit, I’d be tempted to send Naismith back. James is on a 3 year deal and I think there’s a player there.

I think we desperately need a centre half and a ball winning midfielder, if there’s scope in the budget for more I’d like to see a poacher and a left sided winger.

There’s a few who we should look to move on if we can sort out their contracts or find other clubs to take them with Vela being the most obvious, Jackson too. We also don’t need 4 right backs at the club - if Gray is fit, I’d be tempted to send Naismith back. James is on a 3 year deal and I think there’s a player there.

I'm more interested in getting a defensive midfielder, striker and left back but can't see that happening this window well not all 3.

I'm more interested in getting a defensive midfielder, striker and left back but can't see that happening this window well not all 3.

I think we could swap one of our creative midfielders with one of the hearts "defensive" midfielders and it would strengthen both teams.

Defensive midfielder is the absolute priority, we’d be a much better team with some proper balance in midfield.

Why do you say a left back? I think we’re crying out for a centre half more than a left back as McGregor probably can’t play too often, Jackson is shite, Porteous is still very raw, leaving Hanlon as our best defender at present. To me a both full back positions need addressed, but not until the summer.

Agree with those who are saying it will depend a lot on who we can get out. I dont think our budget is particularly different or generous from previous seasons and a large chunk of it was criminally wasted in the Summer on at best mediocre squad fillers.

Bogdan will sign an extended deal..I've got a feeling Rocky will go (tho I hope not).

A defensive midfielder is obviously the priority but I also think we need a reliable goal scorer up front. I'm still not convinced by Doidge at all and Kamberi can be very inconsistent.

I dont see us bringing many in..its vital that we bring in better quality than we have the last few windows tho. No more squad fillers.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Defensive midfielder is the absolute priority, we’d be a much better team with some proper balance in midfield.

Why do you say a left back? I think we’re crying out for a centre half more than a left back as McGregor probably can’t play too often, Jackson is shite, Porteous is still very raw, leaving Hanlon as our best defender at present. To me a both full back positions need addressed, but not until the summer.

Agreed in Defensive midfielder part. It's been our Achilles heel all season.

Stevenson to me needs competition or direct replacement. It's been to long it's only him and I think he's got to comfortable and complacent.

I'm happy with our four centre backs at the moment but needs to be addressed in the summer for sure.

Reactions: Zab

Stevenson to me needs competition or direct replacement. It's been to long it's only him and I think he's got to comfortable and complacent.

I'm happy with our four centre backs at the moment but needs to be addressed in the summer for sure.

Lewis is never complacent, ever.

I don’t think Stevenson is complacent at all, and any left back signed has to be viewed as a first choice rather than another back up like Nelom, which I don’t think we’ll find or even be really looking for in this window.

The entire defence needs to be properly looked at in the summer - we’ve allowed it to age and not signed good enough players to replace them.

I don’t think Stevenson is complacent at all, and any left back signed has to be viewed as a first choice rather than another back up like Nelom, which I don’t think we’ll find or even be really looking for in this window.

The entire defence needs to be properly looked at in the summer - we’ve allowed it to age and not signed good enough players to replace them.

You're probably right on the direct replacement in this window. Also agree with our defence has aged. Needs a complete overhaul bar Porteous.

Meant to add to my earlier post I’m not going to speculate on any names as to be honest I’m hoping for more Hallberg type diamonds being unearthed.

Meant to add to my earlier post I’m not going to speculate on any names as to be honest I’m hoping for more Hallberg type diamonds being unearthed.

I dream of a diamond with

DM?
Omenonga Hallberg
Allan or Mallan

I dream of a diamond with

DM?
Omenonga Hallberg
Allan or Mallan

This is what I mean about squad imbalance - I think you can add Horgan to Mallan and Allan - we've probably space for one of them in our team, having 3 players is a luxury.

I'd probably have Boyle on the right too. I'm not sure that he's most effective up top, and I'd change our formation to include him if need be.

This is what I mean about squad imbalance - I think you can add Horgan to Mallan and Allan - we've probably space for one of them in our team, having 3 players is a luxury.

I'd probably have Boyle on the right too. I'm not sure that he's most effective up top, and I'd change our formation to include him if need be.

It's a luxury teams like us can't have but in a dream world where you could have all players to play different systems would be great.

A competent ticketing system would be a worthwhile addition.

I think we’ve played a diamond through necessity, don’t think it’s the way we’ll go long term. I know some aren’t a fan of one up front, but I really like the way Motherwell do it with midfielders getting forward to support the striker and two proper wingers - we don’t really have the players to do that at the moment, but it’s really effective when done properly.

Even at that it only really allows for Boyle, Horgan and Allan (or Mallan).

I think we’ve played a diamond through necessity, don’t think it’s the way we’ll go long term. I know some aren’t a fan of one up front, but I really like the way Motherwell do it with midfielders getting forward to support the striker and two proper wingers - we don’t really have the players to do that at the moment, but it’s really effective when done properly.

Even at that it only really allows for Boyle, Horgan and Allan (or Mallan).

I tend to agree, I don't have a problem with one up top. Especially if we can attract a Didier Drogba type player.

I'd settle for a Chris Killen though.

Or an Amadou Konte at a push.

Stevenson has no proper competition and neither does Hanlon. That's been reflective of our league position and poor results. We have a full back on the left that gets a nose bleed when they get past the halfway line. When we're building attacking momentum he opts to pass the ball back and he can't find a man in the box. His crossing is terrible and that is actually quite a big deal considering we have 6'2 striker waiting in the box. Naismith is pretty decent going forward but poor at defending. Hanlon is too easily bullied and doesn't look assured at all. He hasn't been the same since coming back from injury. We should be looking to build our defence around Porteous. I think Gray is too injury prone and McGregor doesn't have the legs for regular games.

But then again in might be all Chris Maxwells fault... :gigglle:

The website generally has interesting insights, but this one is interesting in relation to the January transfer window:

Stevenson has no proper competition and neither does Hanlon. That's been reflective of our league position and poor results. We have a full back on the left that gets a nose bleed when they get past the halfway line. When we're building attacking momentum he opts to pass the ball back and he can't find a man in the box. His crossing is terrible and that is actually quite a big deal considering we have 6'2 striker waiting in the box. Naismith is pretty decent going forward but poor at defending. Hanlon is too easily bullied and doesn't look assured at all. He hasn't been the same since coming back from injury. We should be looking to build our defence around Porteous. I think Gray is too injury prone and McGregor doesn't have the legs for regular games.

We sacrificed Sean Mackie for Jason Naismith. and possibly some development. I didn't think it was the right decision, I hope Sean is back this transfer window.

I tend to agree, I don't have a problem with one up top. Especially if we can attract a Didier Drogba type player.

I'd settle for a Chris Killen though.

Or an Amadou Konte at a push.

Exactly - it’s not a big lump required when playing one up front, it’s a player who is strong but also mobile, capable of running at or in behind defenders as well as linking the play. I’m surprised Kamberi doesn’t appear suited to this role because he has the attributes, but doesn’t enjoy the physical side enough.

Is the suggestion here that Hanlon and Stevenson are our biggest problems right now?

We sacrificed Sean Mackie for Jason Naismith. and possibly some development. I didn't think it was the right decision, I hope Sean is back this transfer window.
I liked the look of Mackie to begin with but as I said (and others), he hasn't been that great for Dundee. We do need more balanced fullbacks. If we could Frankenstein Stevenson with Naismith we'd have a pretty good player.
Is the suggestion here that Hanlon and Stevenson are our biggest problems right now?
The defence in general. They've all made mistakes, some more costly than others. I don't rate 3 out of the 4 mainstays in the team... IMO so I don't ruffle anyones feathers.

I watch alot of Australian football,and a player that really stands out for me is Kosta Barbarouses.

Quality winger or can play forward.
Also very good with set pieces.

No info at all...would just love to see it.

Exactly - it’s not a big lump required when playing one up front, it’s a player who is strong but also mobile, capable of running at or in behind defenders as well as linking the play. I’m surprised Kamberi doesn’t appear suited to this role because he has the attributes, but doesn’t enjoy the physical side enough.

Moult is that player. Strong, scores goals and knows how to play the lone striker role. I'd be pushing the boat out for him.

I liked the look of Mackie to begin with but as I said (and others), he hasn't been that great for Dundee. We do need more balanced fullbacks. If we could Frankenstein Stevenson with Naismith we'd have a pretty good player.

The defence in general. They've all made mistakes, some more costly than others. I don't rate 3 out of the 4 mainstays in the team... IMO so I don't ruffle anyones feathers.

The back four in general does need addressed, no doubt about it. We can’t keep conceding so many poor and soft goals. It’s not just the back four, the way the team as a whole defends isn’t good enough.

It’s all opinions, I don’t rate Naismith in the slightest - I think he’s slow (physically and mentally), he’s clumsy, can’t stop a cross, easy beat one on one... if Gray is fit I’d send him back, don’t need Gray, James & Naismith in the squad, and he’s only here on loan.

Moult is that player. Strong, scores goals and knows how to play the lone striker role. I'd be pushing the boat out for him.

He’s a good player, but his injury record would be a massive concern - last thing we need to laying out substantial money on a player with that kind of track record.

But he is an example of the type of player we should be looking for.

He’s a good player, but his injury record would be a massive concern - last thing we need to laying out substantial money on a player with that kind of track record.

But he is an example of the type of player we should be looking for.

Good point. Looks like he's out for the rest of the season.

Money.

This thread has been viewed 3403 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back