• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

What did you eat today?

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Been looking through the threads to find the old one on what you had for your tea, with no luck. In the time of eating better, the month of diets and better eating, I thought it time for a thread on your home made scrannage.

I will start, tonight I made linguine with crayfish tails, pancetta and stuffed green olives in a tomato and chilli ragu sauce. It was lovely, spicy to the dripping nose levels although I felt my sauce could have been thicker. I did dook a healer off the half loaf in the sauce to compensate.

Washed down with a glass/ bottle of 19 Crimes, made famous on here by a couple of fellow red slurpers from Stirlingshire and Livingston, and this one in particular bought for me by Sir Shrink for services rendered.
:5:

A real grower on you, hints of blackberry, dangleberry and chilli induced snotters.

Last edited:
I ate a pizza backwards. Worst hangover ever.

I ate a pizza backwards. Worst hangover ever.

Ooft, did you wash it up with anything nice?

Last of my 4-day chicken curry with onions, garlic, honey, ginger, carrot (it is winter), peas, leek and var soup veggies. But mainly powered by my secret garamasala mix which has been known to fight off mid-sized armies.

And creme fraiche to thicken and 'humanise'.

Zalig, as they say in Dutch.

Washed doon wi' Stoney Creek Shiraz-Grenache-Petit Verdot. And bottled just a couple of months before the current bushfires.

Tomorrow I slum it...

Breakfast was Toast and Corn Flakes. Lunch was Ham roast, left fae yesterday, sannie. Snack at 3 was coffee and chocolate Gateau. Tea was steak pie, roast Tattie’s and green beans. Diet starts Monday. Nae bevvy am off tae work.

Last of my 4-day chicken curry with onions, garlic, honey, ginger, carrot (it is winter), peas, leek and var soup veggies. But mainly powered by my secret garamasala mix which has been known to fight off mid-sized armies.

And creme fraiche to thicken and 'humanise'.

Zalig, as they say in Dutch.

Washed doon wi' Stoney Creek Shiraz-Grenache-Petit Verdot. And bottled just a couple of months before the current bushfires.

Tomorrow I slum it...
Var soup veggies? Dinnae tell me, there’s now nae soup?:grinning-smiley-045:

Steak pie , tatties, peas, carrots etc at my mums tonight for about 10 of us with various add ons for the bairns, did most of the cooking myself, couple of IPAs to wash it down

Lunch was a tidy but expensive bagel from Bross place towards foot of leith walk

Reactions: Zab
I made bacon and egg rolls for lunch and really couldn't get over what a wonderful food that is. I then had a huge mug of quite sweet tea, proper sugar not sweeteners, to wash it down.

I couldn't decide which I thought what was better? The bacon and egg rolls or the tea.

It was both together.

But I didn't care by that time. I was in a kinda soporific state!

Var soup veggies? Dinnae tell me, there’s now nae soup?:grinning-smiley-045:
If Var was involved by the time he got round to eating it again it would be Gaspachio soup.

If Var was involved by the time he got round to eating it again it would be Gaspachio soup.
Probably be cauld tae.

Went to see Jojo Rabbit last night, and prior to that was forced by my daughter to go to Pizza Express. Really not a fan of chains in shopping complexes, but their Calabrase pizza ( with added olives) was really very tasty.

Went to see Jojo Rabbit last night, and prior to that was forced by my daughter to go to Pizza Express. Really not a fan of chains in shopping complexes, but their Calabrase pizza ( with added olives) was really very tasty.

Not a fan of chains either, but the Rustica line of pizzas Zizzis do are tremendous ?

Not a fan of chains either, but the Rustica line of pizzas Zizzis do are tremendous ?
Not a fan of chains either but I've heard the oranges they have at the local S&M club are very satisfying. ?

A late morning fry up of bacon, square sausage, fried egg, steak sausages, fried tomatoes, fried mushrooms with two buttered rolls and toast.

No lunch.

Evening meal of chicken liver pate, toasted bread, selection of chutney with side salad dressed in a balsamic oil.

Chicken breast kiev with french fries and side salad of rocket, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and avocado in a honey mustard dressing.

Sticky toffee pudding with Lucas ice cream.

Washed down with two pints of sparkling water with lots of ice and a bottle of the most disgusting red wine I've ever experienced followed by some gins then a Bailey's night cap.

A late morning fry up of bacon, square sausage, fried egg, steak sausages, fried tomatoes, fried mushrooms with two buttered rolls and toast.

No lunch.

Evening meal of chicken liver pate, toasted bread, selection of chutney with side salad dressed in a balsamic oil.

Chicken breast kiev with french fries and side salad of rocket, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and avocado in a honey mustard dressing.

Sticky toffee pudding with Lucas ice cream.

Washed down with two pints of sparkling water with lots of ice and a bottle of the most disgusting red wine I've ever experienced followed by some gins then a Bailey's night cap.

Ooft, that is a belter of a days eating. What was the bogging wine?

IMG_20200103_112942.jpg

One on the left Mark. It was truly horrendous. And the Mrs agreed. The one on the right I had been getting on offer from Sainsbury's at £9 and really enjoyed. For Xmas they put it up to £12 a bottle but we still bought half a dozen as liked it so much. To our surprise it tastes nothing like the rich complex full blooded version it was previously. How can that happen?

If its the one on the right as you look at it I am astounded, I had two of those over the festive period and enjoyed them? I have never had the Vinyalba one, Argentinian wine can be very ehhh robust.

One on the left Mark. It was truly horrendous. And the Mrs agreed. The one on the right I had been getting on offer from Sainsbury's at £9 and really enjoyed. For Xmas they put it up to £12 a bottle but we still bought half a dozen as liked it so much. To our surprise it tastes nothing like the rich complex full blooded version it was previously. How can that happen?

Just read you reply, than goodness and no idea why the Oz Shiraz tasted so different, I had two, one on Christmas Day another I think Monday past, both were good.

Worth noting the fact the Argentinian wine is a blend, I never enjoy the blended stuff as much.

The Oz Shiraz before Xmas was one of my favourite wines I'd ever had. I was raving about it and although the girlfriend thought I was being OTT buying £12 bottles of wine for Xmas she understood as it was so nice. Opened a bottle on Xmas Eve and it tasted nothing like previous bottles. I assumed It maybe just that bottle. But no all other 5 bottles the same! It was still OK but nothing like the previous bottles we had had.

I had the very same at weekend, and im never in these places, was actually nice tbf

For tea?Parsnip soup,meatballs and chips,mince pie and christmas cake,coffee.

Biggest rack of ribs i've ever seen.

Just had a pie , tea and twix at Albion Rovers game, Darrrell Duffy first half hat trick for Stirling

Just finished and thoroughly enjoyed a portion of chips and donner meat + a tub of curry sauce from La Capanna in Livi. Washed down with a bottle of 19 Crimes Aussie red wine and a bottle of Henry Weston's vintage cider. Magic!!

New year's resolution...?
Maybe next year ?

Can of Tennents Lager on train home from Coatbridge and home for tea of salmon with harissa, brocolli, peas and roast tatties.

Just going to make the mince for tonight's mince n tatties.
Last night I had a homemade beans pizza ie a tin of beans on a pizza liberally covered in mozzarella,effectively a more calorie laden cheesy beanos.

Just going to make the mince for tonight's mince n tatties.
Last night I had a homemade beans pizza ie a tin of beans on a pizza liberally covered in mozzarella,effectively a more calorie laden cheesy beanos.
I predict it'll be windy around the Trossachs tomorrow!!!

I’m a hit wi the lassies from the Ukraine.

Last night I had a Chick in Kiev.

Tonight was a food eff up. Tea ended up cooking calamari and scampi (served with nippy sweet chilli sauce and kikkoman soy) for myself, as son is off out to the pub and had a pie, and the wife seems to be on some strange uber diet that involved eating large bags of Thai Chilli Sentation Crisps, then some wasabi peas and skipping tea?

Made a bolognese from a recipe I got from a magazine,really easy to make but so tasty.
Couple of extra ingredients and made it into Cottage pie for kids.
Few more ingredients and made a great chilli for my dinner.
Washed down with a 19 Crimes as I couldn't source my usual Yellow tail Pinot Noir

Reactions: Zab
Shoarma pork packed in pita bread buns with loads of lettuce + cherry tomatoes, with liberal injection of creamy garlic sauce and mixed chili/tomato/sambal sauce.

Always have a cup of filter coffee with shoarma as it reminds me of when I lived in a room above a shoarma cairryoot. Perfect for late pub nights!

Hotel fare at the Dunblane Hilton last couple of days on a wee minibreak , scran was fine nothing special really, back to work today and attempting to be healthy so mainly be fish, veg etc this month, made a big pot of lentil soup earlier

Nairns gluten free cheese crackers,thai sweet chilli sauce,Arran whisky infused cheddar,topped with Italian roasted peppers.
Washed down with Highland park Dragon lord whisky

Nairns gluten free cheese crackers,thai sweet chilli sauce,Arran whisky infused cheddar,topped with Italian roasted peppers.
Washed down with Highland park Dragon lord whisky

Prompted by Braeheads snackage, I am having goats cheese that went out of date on the 4th of January and Red Pepper Chutney on various broken crackers. A bit off but in a tasty, stinky cheese way.

Prompted by Braeheads snackage, I am having goats cheese that went out of date on the 4th of January and Red Pepper Chutney on various broken crackers. A bit off but in a tasty, stinky cheese way.
I'm sure I once described an ex of mine using the very words in your last sentence ?

I'm sure I once described an ex of mine using the very words in your last sentence ?

Deary me!

Had it for lunch too with some prosciutto and red jalapenos.
Braw.

Had it for lunch too with some prosciutto and red jalapenos.
Braw.

Followed by a rare ribeye steak, yogurt coleslaw, dijon mustard and a glass of lemon diluting juice. Yum.

Kitchen out of action as getting work done on it so made the regular trip to Vittoria on leith walk tonight ( 50% of all food bills in january) , black fettuccine pasta with scallops, samphire, spicy sausage and tomato sauce and two pints of Moretti, pasta / pizza and ice cream for the young team

This thread has been viewed 7972 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back