• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

What Choons Yi Listening To?

Interestingly "Shot By Both Sides" and another of the best tracks from that 1st album (The Light Pours Out of Me") were co written by Pete Shelley from The Buzzcocks and off course Howard Devoto was in the Buzzcocks at the time of the Spiral Scratch E.P.
The light pours out of me has such a brilliant bass beat to it. Classic tune.

The light pours out of me has such a brilliant bass beat to it. Classic tune.
The intro and chorus stick in your head forever

Devoto co wrote orgasm addict. Fact stranger than fiction sometimes.

When I moved across to France I discovered all sorts of stuff that I'd never heard. One of my favourites are this lot - Louise Attaque - who have been on the go for almost 30 years. This is their first release in 6 years. They never let me down.

and the same again but live

Last edited:
Devoto co wrote orgasm addict. Fact stranger than fiction sometimes.
The debut Buzzcocks single following their massively influential "Spiral Scratch" E.P.

Last edited:
Newly released 5cd Super Deluxe version of The Beatles - "Revolver"
Someone sent it to me today
I'm only really interested in the 2 discs of alternate takes and versions etc
Includes different takes and versions of"Paperback Writer" and "Rain" which were recorded at the same sessions but released separately.
Listening to them now.
Great stuff.

Last edited:
Lst week I was in the Seafield area in the Sue Ryder shop and I spotted a Lescom Surround Sound System and so it was 50 quid which I didn't have, but I looked in my bank balance the next day and I had enough.So I bought it and with a bit of a struggle got it back on the bus to my flat.So because of time I had to just leave it.
But today I went back and set most of it up,I've looked up the Lescom AVR 90 and it turns out it was the predessesor of the company that makes the sound for the Land Rover,and there is one in the Modern Art section of the V&A.
Anyway I've set it up and got the radio and the first tune I heard was Staying Alive by the Bee Gees.I've now got to find some of these connector wires-you know the ones that have the white and red ends on them,and I need to find one that's got a yellow end.

Lst week I was in the Seafield area in the Sue Ryder shop and I spotted a Lescom Surround Sound System and so it was 50 quid which I didn't have, but I looked in my bank balance the next day and I had enough.So I bought it and with a bit of a struggle got it back on the bus to my flat.So because of time I had to just leave it.
But today I went back and set most of it up,I've looked up the Lescom AVR 90 and it turns out it was the predessesor of the company that makes the sound for the Land Rover,and there is one in the Modern Art section of the V&A.
Anyway I've set it up and got the radio and the first tune I heard was Staying Alive by the Bee Gees.I've now got to find some of these connector wires-you know the ones that have the white and red ends on them,and I need to find one that's got a yellow end.
RCA Phono leads I think is what you're after. I might have some knocking about.

Love this, and for those who know, what kind of guitar is this and has it 7 or 8 strings? I was going cross eyed trying to count. Sublime sound though.

Love this, and for those who know, what kind of guitar is this and has it 7 or 8 strings? I was going cross eyed trying to count. Sublime sound though.
Looks like 3 single bass strings and 3 double treble strings 🤯 = 9 total.

Custom job for bottleneck player?

I think it's a 1960s Dan Electro "bellzouki", a cross between a 12 string guitar and a bouzouki.

Well merricks have more than five fingers on each hand so maybe it's specially made for them.

Yesterday I was sent new releases from:
Hugh Cornwall (4 stars from me, a good album from the ex Stranglers front man)
Luke Haines (ex Auteurs) and Peter Buck (ex REM) - still to listen to this 2 disc release
The Communards - "Red", 35th Anniversary 2 disc version (4 stars from me for disc 1 which is the original album and b sides from the time)

Currently listening to something out of my own collection:
Jerry Lee Lewis Live from the Star Club, Hamburg from 1964 - that rare thing a wonderful live album, not tidied up and not pissed about with.
The Nashville Teens do their very best to keep up with the main man who is ripping it up.

I appear to be watching that ginger fuck Ed Sheerin on BBC2; basically because it's superior to 'I Can See Your Voice' or whatever that pish is on BBC1. Mr Sheerin is lucky someone invented the delay pedal otherwise he'd be very average indeed.

Never heard of this lot until tonight when a mate put something on fb. What a voice!

I appear to be watching that ginger fuck Ed Sheerin on BBC2; basically because it's superior to 'I Can See Your Voice' or whatever that pish is on BBC1. Mr Sheerin is lucky someone invented the delay pedal otherwise he'd be very average indeed.
I had to leave a pub once because Galway Girl came on.

I'm amazed that fucking earache didn't take UK/Irish relations back 30 years.

Yet the youngsters lap him up.Don't get it myself,unless you go in for a ginger wig on a patato.

Once he went off Jools came on.There was a woman band called FLO whom I thought were good.

I had to leave a pub once because Galway Girl came on.

I'm amazed that fucking earache didn't take UK/Irish relations back 30 years.

Here's a North Side Gal to compensate you

Moaty, seeing as you like JD here's a bit of Django for you. The guys take it in turn to play solo's, left to right as you look at it.
Cat 2, in the middle, hits it oot the park.
Yon useless Sheerin laddie should have to give them half his money

Last edited:
Music is amazing isn't it. Even if you have no musical ability whatsoever it can still move you to tears or provoke sheer anger 😡
I'm sitting in a coffee shop and have just suffered Bon Jovi "bed of roses" I had to use Shazam to tell me what was causing me so much pain. Awful, just awful. I'm much more relaxed these days about music I wouldn't have spent any time or emotions on years ago. Not sure if I'm happy or otherwise that I can still be driven to extreme feelings 🤷🏻‍♂️

heidphones on

Ferocious Dog tonight with @moathibby . Fooking splendid

It was very good.Must get one of their records.I know there's spotify and all that shit,but I like my records.

Currently listening to Me and My Girl.Robert Lyndsay is a decent chanter for an actor.

RIP KJP.

Had a spate of vinyl buying at the beginning of the week.Took a chance on a band called the Four Pennies; from the Bethany Shop in Duke St. Found out later they had a hit with 'Juliet'. Unfortunately they didn't progress much further because they failed to break in the USA. This is an EP released in '65 I think? Very jolly it is too.
Next; I bought 'Fire In a Wire' 12 inch by I-Roy from the Heart Foundation in Gt Junction St. Cost me 8 quid; which I thought was a bit steep for a Charity Shop, but the shop assistant didn't seem put out. Gone are the days when you could con two sweet old ladies into giving you it for 50p. Very good it is too. Had me pulling out my Euphonium and playing along to the Trombone part.
Next; I was in the save the poor people of Romania shop in Gorgie Road. I bought a blue vinyl 'l Can't Stand Losing You' for 2 quid. Don't need to explain what that one sounds like.

Fuck the Hibs

Fuck the Hibs
Teddy P on Soul Train :beard-1:

This weeks stuff sent to me includes the Springsteen covers album which I thought I would hate but the truth is he made a good job of it including his version of the Northern Soul stomper Do I Love You (Indeed I Do). Don't know how Springsteen knew about such a rare Motown track.
Have also been sent a load of obscure Julian Cope and A Certain Ratio albums.
Currently spinning a wonderful Soul Jazz reissue label compilation entitled Disco Reggae Rockers that was sent to me last month.
This is the 1st track on it a reggae cover of a well kent Curtis Mayfield classic you all know. This version by Devon Russell

Last edited:

For anyone thinking of taking up the harmonica.

Best version ever with a wee bit of “going home” at the end. Thanks to the toon thread for reminding me 👍

Released in '66 a year after the Marvelettes Motown original.
I prefer the speeded up mod cover by The Action

Last edited:
I love this cover of the Betty O'Brien B side "She'll Be Gone" by local band Cow Cow Boogie.
It easily eclipses the original. Everything is right about it.
Play it loud!

Sadly they have changed singer since this was recorded in Harry's Bar.
This girl sounds the real deal

Last edited:
Went to Bugsy Malone with my nephew, sister and mum.Very good it was too,apart from folk turning up late and people moving about in front of us including stewards.So right now So You Want to be a Boxer has earwormed into my head.

Not really a fan of covers or weird al types but quite enjoying this the now...

Classic fm.

Classic fm.
Great choice, Moaty. I tune in often in the car when I'm on my tod.

This thread has been viewed 281784 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50