What’s the worst weather you’ve watched hibs? (1 Viewer)

brianmc

I don’t remember the exact game, but I recall being at Tynecastle in the opposite end from where we get now. It was pissing wet, and I was in the front row where there was no shelter from it.
Early 90's , open terracing at the gorgie road end, driving ice cold rain as Husref Musemic scored the only goal of the game ??

That was the game I was going to choose. I was there with a young @braeheadcabbage

One of our many,many horrible games against those gunts.

Edit: it was 26/8/89

Reactions: HibeeZab
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

It was Dundee, I paid to get into the first one and sat in the centre stand in the second one on a point of principal!

It was the third time we tried to play it that it was free, second time it was called off with about 20mins till kick off, I gave some disgruntled dundee fans the news as I left ER and headed back for a green bus.

I think we won 2-0 in the end? Maybe a penalty? I used to know this stuff...

I remember that Killie game. Did spotty not haunt us?
Think so, and if I rem correctly we wouldve went top if we'd won.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Game at McDiarmid that was abandoned at half time due to snow.
Wasn't it just after half-time? Meaning we weren't entitled to refunds? May be wrong, but I remember feeling particularly hard done by.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Braehead Cabbage

Away to Dundee Utd in the old uncovered away end behind the goals.There was a 10min hailstorm and I thin it's the coldest I've ever been.

Honourable mention of the intertoto game monsoon conditions and myself and [MENTION=5688]brianmc[/MENTION] had walked down from Waverley!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Stanton Spence

I don’t remember the exact game, but I recall being at Tynecastle in the opposite end from where we get now. It was pissing wet, and I was in the front row where there was no shelter from it.
I remember a game their in the late 80s and it was pissin doon non stop
I managed to dig up a carrier bag from where? I don't have a clue but it made a good hat and saved me from the worst of it

Reactions: HibeeZab
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

I remember a game their in the late 80s and it was pissin doon non stop
I managed to dig up a carrier bag from where? I don't have a clue but it made a good hat and saved me from the worst of it
Was a very very wet new year derby at Tynie about 1984, one all draw Willie Irvine for us

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

mark7665

3 for me

The wettest Cowdenbeath little while back , coldest dens park late 80s in the Albert kid end ! freezing , funniest was Dumbarton away mega warm and loads of us sunbathing on the grass bank Pmsl

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

There's been a few times but one came to mind recently - did we not have a game against the Dodgers cancelled midgame when we were winning 2-0 through there? Not long before Stanton left for them. He was instrumental that day. It was pretty misty. Sure their fans invaded the pitch?

Not necessarily the worst feeling weather but the worst feeling given we inevitably didn't win the rematch....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

There's been a few times but one came to mind recently - did we not have a game against the Dodgers cancelled midgame when we were winning 2-0 through there? Not long before Stanton left for them. He was instrumental that day. It was pretty misty. Sure their fans invaded the pitch?

Not necessarily the worst feeling weather but the worst feeling given we inevitably didn't win the rematch....
We did indeed, I went with my Celtc supporting school pals and a teacher on a Celtc supporters bus.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

wee_hissy

Get tae f**k ya auld radge
2 for me but the joy warmed me up , mid 80`s tynie in the gorgie road end that magical day when Stevie Archibald scored the winner , absolutely pished doon the whole day from beginning to end but what a day.
Also the 2007 CIS final v killie ,me and the wee man had canvas shoes on and it was baltic closest i have ever come to hyporthermia had to take the wee mans troosers socks and jaikit off and put them on the heater on the journey home.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Another shout for that day in a Siberian gulag, I mean Cowdenbeath. Just horrible that day.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
HELP US BY CLICKING THE ADS