• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

We're going down

Cannot wait for your just back

I'm eating my tea, it will upset the doom and gloomers, Hibs were good.

Enjoy your tea, but for me it was a massive two points loss due to our inept manager once again.

Hibs were good, the best by far this season. If only we had striker that could finish his tea and a ref that didnae shite it when cosgrove was as clear a red card as you'll ever see....and then scores soon after.

Definite positive signs today.

Enjoy your tea, but for me it was a massive two points loss due to our inept manager once again.

For me it had very little to do with our manager at all.

Hibs were good, the best by far this season. If only we had striker that could finish his tea and a ref that didnae shite it when cosgrove was as clear a red card as you'll ever see....and then scores soon after.

Definite positive signs today.

We do have a striker that can finish but Hecky keeps him on the bench, the final 20 mins of the first half we let them back into it, Doidge (couldn't score in a brothel) should have had us 1 up before that. Our goal was fortunate but we will take anything just now but in stead of trying to kill the game we sit back and sit again letting them come at us, when Main gets sent off we should have played with two up front but Hecky won't get out his comfort zone so we remain with one up top, 100% Cosgrove should have walked the Ref bottled it then we concede, improving but we still aren't winning games.

Hecky's tactics were to sit back when we went a goal up, Hecky's decision not to play two up front even when they go down to 10 men, Hecky's decision to leave the only striker we have that was scoring regularly on the bench.

Last edited:

Great to hear.

There were enough signs of some decent interplay and chances created today to give me some hope. However, we need to step up now and win the next 3 vs Hamilton, Ross County & Livi to start climbing the league.

It sounded like we created some good chances and were the better team, that’s not a bad thing.

I noticed on this thread people wanting Robinson at Motherwell - that gives me the fear. The last time we took a manager from an over performing bottom 6 club, who had a good track record of unearthing good players from the English lower leagues, we appointed Terry Butcher.

Hecky's tactics were to sit back when we went a goal up, Hecky's decision not to play two up front even when they go down to 10 men, Hecky's decision to leave the only striker we have that was scoring regularly on the bench.

Kamberi was rightly dropped by Hecky. His attitude was stinking and a striker needs to lead the line. Doidge had a shocker today but he has lead the line much better than Kamberi has so far this season. For me Kamberi could be top class but needs to work on his overall application.

Kamberi was rightly dropped by Hecky. His attitude was stinking and a striker needs to lead the line. Doidge had a shocker today but he has lead the line much better than Kamberi has so far this season. For me Kamberi could be top class but needs to work on his overall application.

Hecky was right to drop the only striker at the club that was scoring regularly, I don't know what you mean by attitude....but you aren't doing yourself any favours by keeping your best striker on the bench.

Hecky was right to drop the only striker at the club that was scoring regularly, I don't know what you mean by attitude....but you aren't doing yourself any favours by keeping your best striker on the bench.

Kamberi has scored one league goal this season and 8 last season, that’s not scoring regularly.

Don't get why Heckingbottom wouldn't put another striker on when we were already looking good against 10 men. In fact I do, it's because he's a dafty

Kamberi has scored one league goal this season and 8 last season, that’s not scoring regularly.

And Doidge has scored how many? Flo was scoring regularly pre season and continued in the league but now he is dropped and he is a better striker than Doidge. To be honest I would want them playing together like they did in pre season as they were forming a good partnership mate.

Sorry but aside from the misses doidge is terrible. Slow, weak, not great in the air today, gives the ball away easy. I wouldn't even play him in a 2 up front I'd put Shaw on instead. Also. Them down to 10 men it's criminal that hecky didn't bring on another striker. Especially when the Swedish fella got injured.

4 John, 4. I am assuming most of the weeping and wailing is coming from those who 'watched the game on the radio'.

You're right enough
We do have a striker that can finish but Hecky keeps him on the bench, the final 20 mins of the first half we let them back into it, Doidge (couldn't score in a brothel) should have had us 1 up before that. Our goal was fortunate but we will take anything just now but in stead of trying to kill the game we sit back and sit again letting them come at us, when Main gets sent off we should have played with two up front but Hecky won't get out his comfort zone so we remain with one up top, 100% Cosgrove should have walked the Ref bottled it then we concede, improving but we still aren't winning games.

If sitting back means putting the centre forward clean through three times then I'll take that every week.

Thought Hallberg and Vela put in good shifts today.

No it wasnt, sorry you are wrong, we did not sit back.

How long would you give Heckingbottom to get things right?

How long would you give Heckingbottom to get things right?

How long would you give him?

And Doidge has scored how many? Flo was scoring regularly pre season and continued in the league but now he is dropped and he is a better striker than Doidge. To be honest I would want them playing together like they did in pre season as they were forming a good partnership mate.

Doidge scored in the league cup, so did Flo. But Flo hasn’t been great so it was worth changing.

I’ve said before neither looks much use as a lone striker, I agree they could be a decent partnership.

Doidge scored in the league cup, so did Flo. But Flo hasn’t been great so it was worth changing.

I’ve said before neither looks much use as a lone striker, I agree they could be a decent partnership.

Flo is a lot more effective when he has someone up top with him, like he was when he had MacLaren beside him.

It's as obvious as the nose on yer head that the two ahould at least get a few games together but as long as PHB=1upFront there's no chance.

But didn't he try it anyway wirh both Kamberi and Doidge a few games back but got in trouble with where he would play SA?

Which led to us dropping our best player in the midst of a crisis, ye couldnae write it.

It's as obvious as the nose on yer head that the two ahould at least get a few games together but as long as PHB=1upFront there's no chance.

But didn't he try it anyway wirh both Kamberi and Doidge a few games back but got in trouble with where he would play SA?

Which led to us dropping our best player in the midst of a crisis, ye couldnae write it.

Drop either or both the wingers, Horgan is good sometimes, Middleton is poor. Play Flo and another striker Allan behind and a three of Mallan Vela and Hallberg.

That is a problem for sure, the balance in midfield isn’t really right to compliment two forwards, although Hallberg’s arrival may have changed that. Unless he goes three at the back, which seems even less likely.

Surely if we're in a situation where our main striker fucks up 4 sitters the issue isn't formation?

Surely if we're in a situation where our main striker fucks up 4 sitters the issue isn't formation?
You may well be right, I'm jist castin about for a solution whatever and one possibility is playin two up front and hoping they somehow have a positive effect on eeach other- and afa formations are concerned it might lead somebloodyhow to a more attacking mindset.

You may well be right, I'm jist castin about for a solution whatever and one possibility is playin two up front and hoping they somehow have a positive effect on eeach other- and afa formations are concerned it might lead somebloodyhow to a more attacking mindset.
You're trying to work out the answer to what a professional gambler would call "variance". Looking at the past four games in isolation any independent observer wouldn't worry about us.

That reminds me - I better update that - Hamilton probably?
Celtic

And that's the big picture

Anybody see us beating Hamilton?

I don't
yes.

I've given Doidge the benefit of the doubt so far as I believe his hold-up play and link play is very good and he is decent in the air, ,however I felt the criticism of him so far this season was harsh as he really up till today had not had a run of starts and had not had any real clear cut chances created for him. Sounds like he has missed three or four great chances today which has cost us two points so no excuses this time....he deserves all the criticism he will undoubtedly get.
I agree wholeheartedly with your first paragraph. It could've been written by me. I, too, have backed him but after today I would not allow him near the first team squad until he has spent time in the Development Squad re-learning (or indeed "learning") the art of goalscoring. His misses today were inexcusable. (Not his "missus", before Sir Shrink or Haarlem Shuffler get in their tuppence-worth.)

Its games like that that will bring us into contention for relegation.
Aberdeen are rubbish this season....
Flo is a lot more effective when he has someone up top with him, like he was when he had MacLaren beside him.

Flo over Doidge....Everyday of the week.

Theres a reason scouts come to watch Flo.

Only the circus would pay to watch Doidge.

Its games like that that will bring us into contention for relegation.
Aberdeen are rubbish this season....

Flo over Doidge....Everyday of the week.

Theres a reason scouts come to watch Flo.

Only the circus would pay to watch Doidge.
Yeh and a reason nobody has signed him!

Yeh and a reason nobody has signed him!

We signed him FFS? The fucking stupidest, arsehole thread on the bounce in years (and we have had a few).

Drop either or both the wingers, Horgan is good sometimes, Middleton is poor. Play Flo and another striker Allan behind and a three of Mallan Vela and Hallberg.

The Wingers for me is what's letting us down. Apart from Doidge missing sitters. But not one winger has played anywhere near good enough recently.

Honestly I’d give Shaw and Doidge a run together. I can see them forging a decent partnership.

Honestly I’d give Shaw and Doidge a run together. I can see them forging a decent partnership.
Agree, but I don't think the manager will ever deviate from one up front and two wide players supporting.

Agree, but I don't think the manager will ever deviate from one up front and two wide players supporting.

Sadly I agree.

He should be binned if he doesn't. He stated he works with what he has. He has 2 strikers, we all know what one can do and he obviously rates the other. Both have proven after many opportunities they can't work in a lone striker role with the players around them, if at all. This is not only costing us points but could put us back as a club a good few years. Why replace a player with another player who can't fit into system and expect to get something from it. Why hes dropping kamberi for not performing in one game to bring him on in the last 15 mins of another game, on his own up front shows he is way out of his depth tactically.

Did they show Ron the good times reel when we were in the championship for 3 seasons. All glory days, winning cups and the league while walking over clubs like current title contenders The Rangers. Maybe hid the one with the not so peas and gravy days. Last time luckily, the supporters got right behind the club with some force to bring the club into record breaking sales etc.if it were to happen so soon again and in this manner would be complete negligence and no chance would get the same level of backing from fans.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I agree wholeheartedly with your first paragraph. It could've been written by me. I, too, have backed him but after today I would not allow him near the first team squad until he has spent time in the Development Squad re-learning (or indeed "learning") the art of goalscoring. His misses today were inexcusable. (Not his "missus", before Sir Shrink or Haarlem Shuffler get in their tuppence-worth.)
Do you think he misses his missus when he's trying to score.
Can't remember 4 chances on the trot wi mine.:slap:

I’ve got a theory

(we aren’t going down)

Paul Heckingbottom’s system is effective and will work. The players he’s inherited don’t suit his system. It will take three or four transfer windows to get to an optimum 23 man squad. He is inflexible and won’t change from his system. This leads to short term pain.

realistically, unless he is on an upward spiral from now he won’t last another 3 transfer windows.

This thread has been viewed 10551 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back