• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

We're going down

The Family

Capital Radge
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Doidge scored in the league cup, so did Flo. But Flo hasn’t been great so it was worth changing.

I’ve said before neither looks much use as a lone striker, I agree they could be a decent partnership.
Flo is a lot more effective when he has someone up top with him, like he was when he had MacLaren beside him.

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
It's as obvious as the nose on yer head that the two ahould at least get a few games together but as long as PHB=1upFront there's no chance.

But didn't he try it anyway wirh both Kamberi and Doidge a few games back but got in trouble with where he would play SA?

Which led to us dropping our best player in the midst of a crisis, ye couldnae write it.

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
It's as obvious as the nose on yer head that the two ahould at least get a few games together but as long as PHB=1upFront there's no chance.

But didn't he try it anyway wirh both Kamberi and Doidge a few games back but got in trouble with where he would play SA?

Which led to us dropping our best player in the midst of a crisis, ye couldnae write it.
Drop either or both the wingers, Horgan is good sometimes, Middleton is poor. Play Flo and another striker Allan behind and a three of Mallan Vela and Hallberg.

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor

That is a problem for sure, the balance in midfield isn’t really right to compliment two forwards, although Hallberg’s arrival may have changed that. Unless he goes three at the back, which seems even less likely.

Rocky

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge

Surely if we're in a situation where our main striker fucks up 4 sitters the issue isn't formation?

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Surely if we're in a situation where our main striker fucks up 4 sitters the issue isn't formation?
You may well be right, I'm jist castin about for a solution whatever and one possibility is playin two up front and hoping they somehow have a positive effect on eeach other- and afa formations are concerned it might lead somebloodyhow to a more attacking mindset.

Rocky

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
You may well be right, I'm jist castin about for a solution whatever and one possibility is playin two up front and hoping they somehow have a positive effect on eeach other- and afa formations are concerned it might lead somebloodyhow to a more attacking mindset.
You're trying to work out the answer to what a professional gambler would call "variance". Looking at the past four games in isolation any independent observer wouldn't worry about us.

WJC1848

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
I've given Doidge the benefit of the doubt so far as I believe his hold-up play and link play is very good and he is decent in the air, ,however I felt the criticism of him so far this season was harsh as he really up till today had not had a run of starts and had not had any real clear cut chances created for him. Sounds like he has missed three or four great chances today which has cost us two points so no excuses this time....he deserves all the criticism he will undoubtedly get.
I agree wholeheartedly with your first paragraph. It could've been written by me. I, too, have backed him but after today I would not allow him near the first team squad until he has spent time in the Development Squad re-learning (or indeed "learning") the art of goalscoring. His misses today were inexcusable. (Not his "missus", before Sir Shrink or Haarlem Shuffler get in their tuppence-worth.)

Ryan69

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Its games like that that will bring us into contention for relegation.
Aberdeen are rubbish this season....
Flo is a lot more effective when he has someone up top with him, like he was when he had MacLaren beside him.
Flo over Doidge....Everyday of the week.

Theres a reason scouts come to watch Flo.

Only the circus would pay to watch Doidge.

mentalhibbyjohn

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Its games like that that will bring us into contention for relegation.
Aberdeen are rubbish this season....

Flo over Doidge....Everyday of the week.

Theres a reason scouts come to watch Flo.

Only the circus would pay to watch Doidge.
Yeh and a reason nobody has signed him!

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Yeh and a reason nobody has signed him!
We signed him FFS? The fucking stupidest, arsehole thread on the bounce in years (and we have had a few).

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Drop either or both the wingers, Horgan is good sometimes, Middleton is poor. Play Flo and another striker Allan behind and a three of Mallan Vela and Hallberg.
The Wingers for me is what's letting us down. Apart from Doidge missing sitters. But not one winger has played anywhere near good enough recently.

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Honestly I’d give Shaw and Doidge a run together. I can see them forging a decent partnership.

EastMeetsWest

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Agree, but I don't think the manager will ever deviate from one up front and two wide players supporting.
He should be binned if he doesn't. He stated he works with what he has. He has 2 strikers, we all know what one can do and he obviously rates the other. Both have proven after many opportunities they can't work in a lone striker role with the players around them, if at all. This is not only costing us points but could put us back as a club a good few years. Why replace a player with another player who can't fit into system and expect to get something from it. Why hes dropping kamberi for not performing in one game to bring him on in the last 15 mins of another game, on his own up front shows he is way out of his depth tactically.

Did they show Ron the good times reel when we were in the championship for 3 seasons. All glory days, winning cups and the league while walking over clubs like current title contenders The Huns. Maybe hid the one with the not so peas and gravy days. Last time luckily, the supporters got right behind the club with some force to bring the club into record breaking sales etc.if it were to happen so soon again and in this manner would be complete negligence and no chance would get the same level of backing from fans.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Green juventine

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
I agree wholeheartedly with your first paragraph. It could've been written by me. I, too, have backed him but after today I would not allow him near the first team squad until he has spent time in the Development Squad re-learning (or indeed "learning") the art of goalscoring. His misses today were inexcusable. (Not his "missus", before Sir Shrink or Haarlem Shuffler get in their tuppence-worth.)
Do you think he misses his missus when he's trying to score.
Can't remember 4 chances on the trot wi mine.:slap:

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
I’ve got a theory

(we aren’t going down)

Paul Heckingbottom’s system is effective and will work. The players he’s inherited don’t suit his system. It will take three or four transfer windows to get to an optimum 23 man squad. He is inflexible and won’t change from his system. This leads to short term pain.

realistically, unless he is on an upward spiral from now he won’t last another 3 transfer windows.

Hamilton v Hibs

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel