• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Welcome to Hibs Josh Vela

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Appears we have signed Josh Vela on a 3 year deal from Bolton?

Signed midfielder today. 3 year deal. No6 shirt

Reactions: Zab
Has signed..
Will wear the number 6.

Guessing we had someone lined up if Ojo went elsewhere.
All action midfielder apparently

Screenshot_20190717-163343.png

Former Bolton midfielder apparently, know nothing about the guy but welcome to the Hibees Josh!

Or defender, just posted the same on the In the Know thread?

Just saw it on the Hibs site, hopefully gives us more dig in the midfield.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10125

Just saw it on the Hibs site, hopefully gives us more dig in the midfield.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10125
If he’s the best signing so far , that would be fine

Welcome Josh.

Bizarrely, I have seen him play live a couple of times. He played with Adam Bogdan in Lennon's Bolton side in the FA Cup v Liverpool in 2015 and I was at the game. That evening Bogdan was MotM but the Bolton midfield defended like gladiators. He was directly up against Coutinho and Jordan Henderson and worked his backside off all game - though I seem to remember him getting booked for a meaty challenge on the former.

Hibernian are delighted to confirm the signing of midfielder Josh Vela, subject to international clearance.

The 25-year-old has agreed a three-year deal and will take on the number six shirt.

Josh joined Bolton Wanderers at the age of seven and spent 17 years with the club – making 182 appearances along the way.

More

I was surprised not to see this thread when I started the other one!

Splendid Jack . Things looking good. Cannae wait 3-0 to the Cabbage and Ribs.
BIG G

I'm pleased that we've signed someone called Vela because his name can be rhymed with 'fella' and 'umberella' song writing Hibbies take note.

He's not Welsh!

Ah so is this what Hecky was meaning last week when he said he he didn't want just a defensive midfielder, "we want a midfielder who does the lot "? Need to learn to read him more. Welcome to the Cabbage the Vela fella [emoji1184]

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Good signing, happy with this.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

25y.o midfielder with mainly championship games under his belt...and on a free.

Who the fuk is bOJO?

Answer - league two player who’d have cost 125k. Purely due to being under contract.

Now that’s a result.

Furthermore, this isn’t a second choice in my view. We’ve pushed the boat out to get this guy.

Welcome tae the Hibs ‘Ricky’ , make yersel a legend :50:

Great signing. Cracking player and sits in exactly the role we needed.

Looks a decent signing.

Experience and age is perfect.

Ye never know what can happen in football - reports had him down to sign elsewhere in the championship, Hull mentioned.

Kick on.

He was joining Hull until they sacked their manager last month,decent Championship player.

Well done Hibs

He's not Welsh!
He isn't! He's a Mancunian our kid.

I'm pleased that we've signed someone called Vela because his name can be rhymed with 'fella' and 'umberella' song writing Hibbies take note.
Ooh Aah ,Josh Vela etc?

Welcome to the Hibees Josh..

Interesting....

Will this be the end of any hope of Omeonga returning ?

I hope he stands and runs about to be honest.

Ooh Aah ,Josh Vela etc?
I was actually thinking Under my Umberella could be utilised but hey my song writing attempts are usually mocked.

I was actually thinking Under my Umberella could be utilised but hey my song writing attempts are usually mocked.
Ah, go on! Ye know he want tae!

Have you seen much of him down there?

25y.o midfielder with mainly championship games under his belt...and on a free.

Who the fuk is bOJO?

Answer - league two player who’d have cost 125k. Purely due to being under contract.

Now that’s a result.

Furthermore, this isn’t a second choice in my view. We’ve pushed the boat out to get this guy.

Have we done Aberdeen a bit here? If so, that’s magnificent.

Will this be the end of any hope of Omeonga returning ?
If we don’t manage to bring Stephane back , I seriously think we’ve missed a trick, the lad is an exceptional talent IMO

That's more like it Hibs keep them coming another 3 of the same quality and we are ready to go.

If we don’t manage to bring Stephane back , I seriously think we’ve missed a trick, the lad is an exceptional talent IMO

I hope not, still think there’s a place for him.

Have we done Aberdeen a bit here? If so, that’s magnificent.
He has said he was impressed by the way Hibs have pursued him and made it clear how much they wanted him and how they saw him contributing. Said he had plenty options but he felt most valued by us.

That's more like it Hibs keep them coming another 3 of the same quality and we are ready to go.
How did he slip under your radar?

He has said he was impressed by the way Hibs have pursued him and made it clear how much they wanted him and how they saw him contributing. Said he had plenty options but he felt most valued by us.

It seems like we’ve ended up with a player who has consistently played at a higher level than the one Aberdeen “beat” us to, and without paying a six figure transfer fee.

Have you seen much of him down there?
Bits and pieces (though not in the last 18 months or so admittedly) - know a few wanderers fans, been to a few games, rate him. Plenty of dig. Not rapid but gets by, plays the short pass quickly, keeps his head up and doesn't get caught out much. Doesn't hang back on the counter. He's no John McGinn but he should bring that sort of dynamic. Think he skippered them occasionally?

This thread has been viewed 5966 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£57.50