Weekends Away in Scotland

Beagle

Lovely part of the world - I was up in Banff watching Bonnyrigg in the Scottish this year.
I take it they were playing Deveronvale? I had a couple of weeks the summer before last at a caravan site there. Nice, but not as convenient at Cullen for getting the dugs oot for their walks.

NGP

A message to you, radge
Already been mentioned, Aberfeldy is lovely for a couple of days, Mrs NGP & I go up every year.
Melrose area is great as well, plenty to explore.
Another suggestion is to do Edinburgh as a tourist, nice hotel, castle, museums, royal mile etc. Choose restaurants / bars you have never been to before.

After much pishin about (big thanks to Frutin Travel, nae thanks to Mrs 1875's boss who denied her annual leave), we are now doing a night in Kingussie, two in Sneckie and a night in Dundeh on the way home.

Was thinking of driving down the norh east coast down to Dundee over a day, is that daft? Never been down that way?

Why Dundee, we are popping in to pick up No 2 son for Easter, thought we would stay over for a Mince Roll.

After much pishin about (big thanks to Frutin Travel, nae thanks to Mrs 1875's boss who denied her annual leave), we are now doing a night in Kingussie, two in Sneckie and a night in Dundeh on the way home.

Was thinking of driving down the norh east coast down to Dundee over a day, is that daft? Never been down that way?

Why Dundee, we are popping in to pick up No 2 son for Easter, thought we would stay over for a Mince Roll.
There's Dunottar Castle near Stonehaven is popular. Carnoustie is okay for walks and grub. Grassic Ribbon trail and centre is that way. Sure there's other stuff.

I really will be doing Gothic cathedrals, tapa and 21 degrees in Palma...

There's Dunottar Castle near Stonehaven is popular. Carnoustie is okay for walks and grub. Grassic Ribbon trail and centre is that way. Sure there's other stuff.

Try and get on the roof of the Cathedral at sunset, its really worth it.

They don't start those tours till May, unfortunately. Do you know anything about Bar Abaco? Its been recommended to me...

Ish, that area is full of tourist style places to eat and drink, especially at night. Worth going down one night for a meal and drink. Try chiperones (deep fried baby squid), they are lovely in Mallorca.

The Llonja just down from the bar is worth sticking you head in. The Arab Baths are good too, hunt them out.

I'd leave Kingussie and go via Spean Bridge , Fort Augustus , Drumnadochit etc . Chanonry point (Fortrose) is worth a quick look as dolphins are often spotted there and not far from Snecky . If you're heading back down the coast road Gardenstown , Crovie and Pennan are lovely places

Will try that mate.

Come by the Blue Toon and I'll gie ye a bag o rowies!
Maybe even a cup of char.

Come by the Blue Toon and I'll gie ye a bag o rowies!
Maybe even a cup of char.
I might just do that, although I dinnae like rowies! Do the fishmongers of Peterehad sell Hake cut as steaks, not fillets? I have only ever found them in fishing toons in Scotland (well Eyemouth).

Dunottar castle is excellent can follow it with walk to Stonehaven for fish and chips, stayed at Johnshaven just down the coast last October which is worth a look.

For another time for me this time. I am doing a day around Sneckie, and a day in the Grantown/ Aviemore etc area. Way home will pick up some of the wee coastal towns of Banff & Buchan then a night in Dundee for pints and mince rolls!

Hectorhib

Fort William to Mallaig, by rail or car, is truly spectacular.Did it in 1997, and will do it again some time soon

Got the ferry from Armadale to Mallaig coming back from Skye and totally agree , then back home via Glencoe . It couldn't have been any better

1_alex_edwards

Going to Inverness for a couple off days in May then down to Fort Augustus for 2 days

any one recommend anything to see

Hibs v St.Johnstone