• Hi there, if you are wanting to register, you will need a registration code. To obtain said code please email hibs@hibeesbounce.com with a brief description of why you want to become part of the bounce. Please also supply us with your IP address Click here if you do not know your IP Thank You. GGTTH

Weekends Away in Scotland

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Dinnae do them often as I prefer going abroad, but with nae fitba next weekend, I thought I might go somehwere nearer home. Was in Oban a few years back so not really wanting to go back there so soon, done Inverness a few times, anywhere else nice time of year?

Saying that, its £100 to Palma return :leb:

SKII

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
North East of England? Northumberland is good for a whole range of interests.

I'm off to Palma

Rocky

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Depends what kinds of things you want to do I guess but I've been to Aberfeldy a couple of times recently and really liked it. Perth / Stirling are good too for a weekend break, even though it feels a bit weird going places that are only half an hour away. Arran is nice for a weekend, places down Loch Fyne too. I actually quite like Montrose as well.

Jack

Gray Boot Sponsor
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Lake District is nice, but not in Scotland ... as you'll be aware! Lots of good deals to be had.

£100 to Palma, almost certainly warm and sunny

I'm off to Durban for a safari and a cruise back to Venice starting that weekend. That's not Scotland either.

What about a tour round a few distilleries? Lots of them in Scotland!

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Blairgowrie, Angus hotel , afternoon tea on arrival, dinner, brekkie in the morning. Last year mind but it was cheap as chips.

broonieboy

On holiday Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Depends what kinds of things you want to do I guess but I've been to Aberfeldy a couple of times recently and really liked it. Perth / Stirling are good too for a weekend break, even though it feels a bit weird going places that are only half an hour away. Arran is nice for a weekend, places down Loch Fyne too. I actually quite like Montrose as well.
Was in Aberfeldy at the weekend there and as Rocky says it’s nice. Watched the Livi match in the Black Watch pub and was more than comfortable going radge when we scored both goals (wife less than impressed!). Stayed at the Moness which has a pool, steam room etc and loads of activities locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Few places my family have enjoyed visiting in the past 3-4 years:

Aviemore - Hired a big cottage there with a hot tub etc a few years ago for my Mum's 60th, was good. Lots to see and do in the surrounding area for bairns and big bairns.

Glencoe - Spectacular scenery and nice walks etc, some decent reasonably priced hotels in the area that occasionally pop up on Groupon and the likes.

Loch Lomond - Again loads to see and do. Stayed in a cottage in Luss last summer for a week and had a great time. Water sports on the Loch or there's a variety of stuff to do at Lomond Shores.

southfieldhibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Don't think you can wrong with a weekend in Scotland, some of the obvious ones like Aviemore and Pitlochry or St Andrews are decent if a wee bit over crowded- they have the benefit of more shops and places to eat though.
Anything from Newtonmore upto Grantown on Spey is great. Some lovely walks. Fort William, Fort Augustus also offer quite a bit.

from experience, folk from the central belt tend to automatically head north, but the borders and dumfries and galloway are also great. Moffat, Kirkcudbright,Hawick etc are decent.

The islands are wee bit more of a mission, but seriously worth the effort. CalMac have a great wee website for working out whats doable.

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Thanks all, still not decided.

tricky

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Definitely no games next weekend?

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
I doubt it, its the cup semis?

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Would be good if there is! I'm up in Edinburgh for 2 weeks. Even though it's SC semis weekend I guess we could play Killie or the huns depending on how the top 6 fixtures pan out? Be nice to take in at least one game.

superbam

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
For easy access from the central belt Arran is not a bad shout. Glen Rosa is walking distance from Brodick and on a good day, at the top of the Glen looking down into Glen Sannox, it's as spectacular as anywhere in Scotland.

Fernando

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
For easy access from the central belt Arran is not a bad shout. Glen Rosa is walking distance from Brodick and on a good day, at the top of the Glen looking down into Glen Sannox, it's as spectacular as anywhere in Scotland.

Fernando

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
It also boasts a lovely malt whiskey

Beagle

Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Cullen on the north-east Riviera. Nice beach, golf course right next to it. Home of the Skink and there's a guy in an American Airstream trailer down at the beach does fantastic coffee. Then a stroll along the beach and up the cliff path to Portknockie.

southfieldhibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Cullen on the north-east Riviera. Nice beach, golf course right next to it. Home of the Skink and there's a guy in an American Airstream trailer down at the beach does fantastic coffee. Then a stroll along the beach and up the cliff path to Portknockie.
The course is a wee bit of a mecca for golf geeks and nerds, I've not played there but it's on the list, hopefully this year. That entire coast line from Inverness to Aberdeen is great, especially if you like golf..

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Lovely part of the world - I was up in Banff watching Bonnyrigg in the Scottish this year.

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£50.00
This donation drive ends in

Celtc v Hibs

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£50.00
This donation drive ends in