• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

We will be fined again...

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Private Member
Reaction score
but really, should we? Surely the question is not how a supporter ran on the pitch, but did we do all in our powers to stop it? As with any team around the country we employ stewards and Police...and there were plenty tonight. They seem to group up in corners during the game, so are not exactly in a position to stop supporters getting on the field of play. Who's fault is that? I don't want them standing right in front of everyone, but could they perhaps have seats facing the crowd?

Surely Hibs have complied with the security demands, so really..should the team be fined? Or any team who employ stewards and Police, after all you can only ban someone after they commit an offense. Perhaps the ruling authorities would be better asking is it wise to put a game on a Friday night when so many people end up tanked up, and I saw far more drunk tonight than usual.

Last edited:
I've watched the replay over several times of the fan running on the pitch. Yes the alleged Hibs supporter should never have run on the pitch. The media are again putting a spin on things making out the fan assaulted the Sevco player when in actual fact it was technically the other way around. It was indeed the Sevco player who assaulted the pitch intruder who was going for the ball.

We won't be fined. SPFL game. No strict liability.

I've watched the replay over several times of the fan running on the pitch. Yes the alleged Hibs supporter should never have run on the pitch. The media are again putting a spin on things making out the fan assaulted the Sevco player when in actual fact it was technically the other way around. It was indeed the Sevco player who assaulted the pitch intruder who was going for the ball.

Right after the incident there was videos on inet and I said exactly same thing..would the sevco player get charged as the youth ran past him. We all know the answer to that one.still shouldn't have been on the pitch though

You know something it looks to me like the Rangers player had a go at him first ... maybe I’m wrong but surely the rule is players don’t get involved not unless their safety is at risk..the opitch invader is still an arse though.

The wee ned didn’t do much to be honest some of the chants outside the stadium where very distasteful to be fair though

This isn't the time for whataboutery so I think Leeann's TV interviews were spot on and have helped our club's reputation. However given that she's said that nothing is off the table in response to questions about closing sections of the ground I'd like to see it followed up tomorrow with a statement to the effect that any future instances of unacceptable behaviour, including sectarian singing, from either the home or away support, will lead to the closure of the relevant section for the following fixture. I'd dearly hope that that warning would be heeded by the home support and there would be no further issues but by far the best bit would be when we close the entire away stand for the subsequent visit by the huns. There's not a chance they'd get through a whole match without the lot of them indulging in one of their little ditties and we'd be able to call attention to the real issue whilst maintaining the moral high ground and holding our support to account in the same way.

but really, should we? Surely the question is not how a supporter ran on the pitch, but did we do all in our powers to stop it? As with any team around the country we employ stewards and Police...and there were plenty tonight. They seem to group up in corners during the game, so are not exactly in a position to stop supporters getting on the field of play. Who's fault is that? I don't want them standing right in front of everyone, but could they perhaps have seats facing the crowd?

Surely Hibs have complied with the security demands, so really..should the team be fined? Or any team who employ stewards and Police, after all you can only ban someone after they commit an offense. Perhaps the ruling authorities would be better asking is it wise to put a game on a Friday night when so many people end up tanked up, and I saw far more drunk tonight than usual.
Completely agree.

Take the fact it’s a hun out the equation. If it’s a Hibs player who does that to an opposing fan who enters the pitch what would your thoughts be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The stewards do nothing to prevent this. 1 every 40 yards or so, if someone wants on the park they can walk on easily. On a 2nd note right as we scored a boy went over the first barrier I think but not the advertising boards at front of 43/42 and 2 policemen ran up from their corner into the crowd and dragged him away too. Dinny see any of they hun *&*^ getting lifted after their celebrations on the park at livi etc

The wee ned didn’t do much to be honest some of the chants outside the stadium where very distasteful to be fair though
morning - shame as was a good result for the mighty HFC - what were the distasteful chants about outside of ER after the game?

Anybody else see the chair thrown from the Hun end?

I’m sure LD will be out with a statement threatening to cut away fans tickets due unacceptable behaviour with the sectarian singing.
She will do that,She’ll call it out,I’m sure.

I’m sure LD will be out with a statement threatening to cut away fans tickets due unacceptable behaviour with the sectarian singing.
She will do that,She’ll call it out,I’m sure.

Like she did when Stubbs and Lennon were subjected to sectarian abuse from the huns..

Like she did when Stubbs and Lennon were subjected to sectarian abuse from the huns..

She likes the Hun pound too much to say or do anything.

Take the fact it’s a hun out the equation. If it’s a Hibs player who does that to an opposing fan who enters the pitch what would your thoughts be?

Sorry, I despise the Huns but the daftie on the pitch is in no way the fault of the sevco player. The guy is at his work, no player should be assulted by fans.

The idiots running on the pitch must be thick as shit. There's no danger they're not going to get caught, the cameras areny going to miss them!

They will end up in court. Fines??? Jail time???

They are likely to lose their job as we've seen all too often in the past. How easy will it be to get another job when they've demonstrated to everyone on national TV how stupid they are?

They will be banned from going to the football and miss something they enjoy doing.

Everyone is well aware of these outcomes, it's not a secret.

All that while at the same time dragging Hibs, the team the say they love, through the dirt.

morning - shame as was a good result for the mighty HFC - what were the distasteful chants about outside of ER after the game?
Ibrox disaster chant mainly was sung multiple times and ex rangers owner having no legs

Last edited:
sorry but that is nonsense. The player would have never reacted if the idiot hadn't ran on the pitch. Who was to know the morons next move, punch the player, he might have been carrying a weapon,you just dont know.
If I was Tavernier I would not be waiting to get a punch in the face either.
Lets not try to detract from the utter madness and inexcusable acts of that twat last night and other mindless individual who tarnish the reputation of Hibs and the 99% decent supporters.I am sick of it and to be honest it puts me off going to games.

Sorry, I despise the Huns but the daftie on the pitch is in no way the fault of the sevco player. The guy is at his work, no player should be assulted by fans.

@1875 exactly my thoughts. I wanted to see if there was going to be an outbreak of “whataboutery”. For me, there are still too many who would defend one of our players if he scudded someone in a similar situation, but it’s a travesty if it’s a player from any other team. For me, the fud would deserve a slap of Tavernier if he feels he needs to protect himself.

MSG_07 trying to claim that Tavernier was the aggressor is laughable.

That mental case was aff his heid on summat chemical by the way he moved and acted.

Haven't seen owt on the press yet about chairs or seat covers being thrown, what's that all about?

sorry but that is nonsense. The player would have never reacted if the idiot hadn't ran on the pitch. Who was to know the morons next move, punch the player, he might have been carrying a weapon,you just dont know.
If I was Tavernier I would not be waiting to get a punch in the face either.
Lets not try to detract from the utter madness and inexcusable acts of that twat last night and other mindless individual who tarnish the reputation of Hibs and the 99% decent supporters.I am sick of it and to be honest it puts me off going to games.
The point is he shouldn't have assaulted the pitch intruder. He should have let the stewards and police tend to the matter. But he didn't punch the player or have a weapon? If the fan had actually confronted him he would have every right to defend himself but that's not what happened.

I see he’s been identified by the Sevco fans on Facebook, probably have to move house the lot, silly laddy

The point is he shouldn't have assaulted the pitch intruder. He should have let the stewards and police tend to the matter. But he didn't punch the player or have a weapon? If the fan had actually confronted him he would have every right to defend himself but that's not what happened.
Sorry MSG, this doesn't change anything for me. As for the player "assaulting" the pitch intruder, that is laughable.
The current trends in Scottish football are worrying, trying to defend the actions of that idiot or deflect blame helps no one.

100% agree

100% agree
Meant to add, no place for fans on the pitch
Not going to be a nice experience, our next trip to Ibrox

Sorry MSG, this doesn't change anything for me. As for the player "assaulting" the pitch intruder, that is laughable.
The current trends in Scottish football are worrying, trying to defend the actions of that idiot or deflect blame helps no one.
If you actually watch the video, the guy jumps over the advertising board and goes to kick the ball away. Travenier then decides to push him which is assault in the eyes of the law. I wouldn't get away with doing that to someone on the basis I thought they MIGHT punch me or pull a weapon out. Both in the wrong as I've said.

I see he’s been identified by the Sevco fans on Facebook, probably have to move house the lot, silly laddy

They love a witch hunt. Their ability to be both the most offensive and offended fans in the country is remarkable. The clown involved seems to have a young family. Hope for their sake this doesn't escalate. Deserves the full force of whatever is coming to him legally not vigilante action. I would like to thank him for upping the ante against the fans who will possibly be going to Mordor post-split. Cheers for that.

It's a bit like an intruder in your house. Are you to be passive, when startled in your own home? Sure most folk would sympathise with any home owner being burgled reacting instinctively. I cannae stand the big daftie (though secretly thank him for his shocking performance on 21st May) but he's not the one to blame here...

If someone got that close to me on the pitch, I'd push him too.
Probably would've booted his legs off tbh.

Tavernier in this instance done nothing wrong, he had no idea what was going on around him.

Remember the fan running at riordan and Derek giving him a slap?
Sure he was out of order there too?

Nonsense.

If you actually watch the video, the guy jumps over the advertising board and goes to kick the ball away. Travenier then decides to push him which is assault in the eyes of the law. I wouldn't get away with doing that to someone on the basis I thought they MIGHT punch me or pull a weapon out. Both in the wrong as I've said.

Tavernier pushes him when the fanny connects with him.
Auto reaction when someone steams in behind you.
Then when the fannies standing square in front of him, of course he's no ginna back down.

You're way off here.

If someone got that close to me on the pitch, I'd push him too.
Probably would've booted his legs off tbh.

Tavernier in this instance done nothing wrong, he had no idea what was going on around him.

Remember the fan running at riordan and Derek giving him a slap?
Sure he was out of order there too?

Nonsense.
At Tynecastle the guy ran straight towards Riordan on the pitch. What happened last night was not the same. Nonsense indeed.

The police and stewards are paid for a service at games which they aren't providing. They stand around for 3 or 4 hours and do nothing. A line of stewards should have been seated in front of the East.

At Tynecastle the guy ran straight towards Riordan on the pitch. What happened last night was not the same. Nonsense indeed.

The police and stewards are paid for a service at games which they aren't providing. They stand around for 3 or 4 hours and do nothing. A line of stewards should have been seated in front of the East.

Wasny the same how exactly?

Was he on the pitch? Yes
Did he make contact with Tavernier? Yes
Should he be doing either of those things? No.

You're as bad as they are... Making excuses for something that's clearly not on.

Wasny the same how exactly?

Was he on the pitch? Yes
Did he make contact with Tavernier? Yes
Should he be doing either of those things? No.

You're as bad as they are... Making excuses for something that's clearly not on.
If you actually read my previous comments the point I was trying to make was he didn't assualt the player so you can get off your high horse. As I've said multiple times I agree he should never have be on the pitch.

If you actually read my previous comments the point I was trying to make was he didn't assualt the player so you can get off your high horse. As I've said multiple times I agree he should never have be on the pitch.

But Tavernier assaulted him with a wee baby shove and standing in front of him?

High horse? Not at all, just disagree with your bullshit version of events.

Ibrox disaster chant mainly was sung multiple times and ex rangers owner having no legs
pretty poor and reflects the lack of intelligence and decency that some of these feral interbred's

But Tavernier assaulted him with a wee baby shove and standing in front of him?

High horse? Not at all, just disagree with your bullshit version of events.
A baby shove, yeah both arms flexed out?

How about you watch the video from different angles before commenting. Guilty of pitch intrusion yes but assault no. Well likewise your version of events is full fat bullshit with a cherry on top.

A baby shove, yeah both arms flexed out?

How about you watch the video from different angles before commenting. Guilty of pitch intrusion yes but assault no. Well likewise your version of events is full fat bullshit with a cherry on top.

Haven't once claimed the fanny assaulted him.
But completely disagree that Tavernier assaulted the Fanny.

As far as Tavernier is concerned. A random person who had no business being anywhere near him, collided with him while trying to get a ball.
Too right he enters defensive mode. Anyone who wouldn't, is full of shit

Anyone running onto the pitch during a match is out of order. Things like this are happening too often around Hibs and it can only harm the club and the majority (the VAST majority) of sensible law-abiding supporters. The moron had no right to be where he was. First contact was idiot on player. Of course the player's going to react. Idiot turned to confront Tavernier and the player had every reason to expect trouble. Tavernier's reaction was IMO perfectly reasonable.

Football's supposed to be a sport; when it becomes a battleground it's unacceptable. This sort of behaviour and the way so many people seem prepared to make excuses for it put me off going to games, TBH. And if indeed the idiot has a wife and kids, that makes his behaviour even more reprehensible.

And for the recors, there are all sorts of things I find detestable about the Beasts, but those things don't justify this sort of behaviour ever.

Here’s the video of what happened. I didn’t notice it at the time, but I can’t work out what the guy is trying to do. He obviously didn’t go onto the pitch to attack the player as he had every chance to do that. The guys had a bit of a mare tbh

Here’s the video of what happened. I didn’t notice it at the time, but I can’t work out what the guy is trying to do. He obviously didn’t go onto the pitch to attack the player as he had every chance to do that. The guys had a bit of a mare tbh

If that had been a Rangers fan doing exactly that to a Hibs player, how would we be reacting? We'd be raging. He didn't actually go onto the pitch, but he kicked the ball away as Tavernier bent down to pick it up, and I suspect that if the steward behind the boards hadn't grabbed hm he WOULD have gone for the player.

He needs a life ban and no apologists defending him.

Yes shortly after the boy ran on the pitch.

This thread has been viewed 11541 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back