• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Watcha doin'?

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
To keep active if you're isolating?
I've upped my exercise level a bit as I'm not going out walking apart from when doing my part time job.
I've bumped up my time on the exercise bike. And upped my Yoga time.

I am working from home, its been manic!

Garden sanctuary. Plenty weeding in areas previously tickled. If you told me 20 year ago that I would be a old garden man, I would have laughed. Love it. The fiery one wants all the snagging list done in the house. Arghhh.

Working from home too - but currently having problems linking to my office desk top.
Hoovering noise in the background is making me (more) fcukin irritable..... :mad:

Watchin p...o...r...nnnnnn

Watchin p...o...r...nnnnnn
Oh christ.
You've probably sent Moaty off on another frenzied wan.....
Ah. Maybe not.

Oh christ.
Ah. Maybe not.
??

At work as usual , lots off and 2 metre thing not working great in my opinion

I'm off to work in a wee while .
Last week we started social distancing inside the shop.
Only 3 people allowed in the shop at any one time, staying well apart. One being dealt with at a time.
Unfortunately, the folk queueing outside were standing close together talking.
Getting people to think about it is the hard part, and I'm not blaming them because it's a concept that is completely alien to them.
We are social beasts( mostly).

The government need to sort this one out, social distancing just cannae work in many workplaces.

The government need to sort this one out, social distancing just cannae work in many workplaces.

Agree there , this place more interested in money

Agree there , this place more interested in money

My employers have kept our offices open too, cannae see any reason why. There are 2 people in our local office out of 70+.

Working from home, and home schooling. Honestly though - its home schooling. Who'd have thought it was that difficult to teach a 6 and a 9 year old. I'll catch up with work once "school finishes" at 3:15.

I've not had an office desk for a year - a blessing for this, as I have my own desk and office at home, and I'm not dependent on company kit and security protocols. I'm black ops really.

Learning about Microsoft Teams - looks good - and getting the kids in the swing, as I think this will be how it is prolonged.

Working from home, and home schooling. Honestly though - its home schooling. Who'd have thought it was that difficult to teach a 6 and a 9 year old. I'll catch up with work once "school finishes" at 3:15.

I've not had an office desk for a year - a blessing for this, as I have my own desk and office at home, and I'm not dependent on company kit and security protocols. I'm black ops really.

Learning about Microsoft Teams - looks good - and getting the kids in the swing, as I think this will be how it is prolonged.
My daughter was trying tae download this this morning for my grandsons schoolwork. No tried asking how she’s got on as she was raging earlier.?

I feel your pain. Trying to work from home and do home schooling is not going well in this household. I've already been told this isn't the usual lunch time, why is there no milk for snack, why can't she use tiktok to do her homework, does she need permission to go for a pee!! Day 1 and I think there could be a child free to a good home soon!

Out walking and hitting a few different trails and hikes everyday. There’s literally no one around, so not worried about the virus. Nice to be out in the fresh air as the gyms are all closed.

My employers have kept our offices open too, cannae see any reason why. There are 2 people in our local office out of 70+.

Most office staff working from home i believe .
Canteen closed for selling food , seats marked where you can eat your own
They're moving us around to do jobs which can be done quick and pay decently . My mate and I were trained together for around 2 hours this morning , fiddly stuff you can't watch being done from 2 metres away . For another 90 mins 4 of us worked in a space no more than 4 m2 until they moved benches around to spread us out .
Instead of our normal 3pm finish they are staggering from 2.50 , one line at a time , 2 metre lines marked on the floor then end up in the locker room containing roughly 15 other guys

It'll be very interesting to see if there are many more absentees in the near future .
I appreciate NS criticizing those flooding parks etc yesterday but at least one workplace i know of are paying lip service to this threat obviously too worried about losing money . It's not as if cable boxes , modems etc are in desperate need

I'm actually off on official annual leave this week anyway which I had arranged weeks ago. I work for a Civil Service department and many people from my work have been self-isolating or working from home especially the managers and the Team Leaders. It's going to be very difficult to do the job I do on a Laptop at home if and when I am told to do so next week, not least because I have never used one in my life before (honestly !). I'll be in regular touch with my immediate boss throughout this week and i'll have a better idea of what's happening at the end of the week before I am meant to go back next Monday.
I've been doing some work around my flat, cleaning up and stuff like that. I'm really into fitness and have been a regular gym user and have regularly done fitness classes for many years as well as swimming, so it's really tough when that all stops. Going to start running outside to try to compensate, much as I don't like running it's all there is going to be available to me for the next few months. I realise that's fairly trivial though compared to what many folk are having to deal with. I'm a huge music fan so I am listening to even more than usual. I live on my own and have done for many years so I don't have the problem many have with kids being off school and doing home schooling, keeping them occupied etc. My sister has been telling me how difficult all that is going to be. Chatting to my nephew yesterday (the one who goes to the games with me) and he is 18 and due to do his exams this summer which have now all been cancelled. Really feel sorry for him and all the others missing out on this. He went through a bad spell at school a couple of years ago and missed quite a bit of schooling. He had worked hard to get himself back in a position to have a real go at passing his exams before leaving school but that is now gone. Hopefully the teacher assessments they say are going to be done will give him decent marks and enable him to get a decent start at a job after the summer.

I'm actually off on official annual leave this week anyway which I had arranged weeks ago. I work for a Civil Service department and many people from my work have been self-isolating or working from home especially the managers and the Team Leaders. It's going to be very difficult to do the job I do on a Laptop at home if and when I am told to do so next week, not least because I have never used one in my life before (honestly !). I'll be in regular touch with my immediate boss throughout this week and i'll have a better idea of what's happening at the end of the week before I am meant to go back next Monday.
I've been doing some work around my flat, cleaning up and stuff like that. I'm really into fitness and have been a regular gym user and have regularly done fitness classes for many years as well as swimming, so it's really tough when that all stops. Going to start running outside to try to compensate, much as I don't like running it's all there is going to be available to me for the next few months. I realise that's fairly trivial though compared to what many folk are having to deal with. I'm a huge music fan so I am listening to even more than usual. I live on my own and have done for many years so I don't have the problem many have with kids being off school and doing home schooling, keeping them occupied etc. My sister has been telling me how difficult all that is going to be. Chatting to my nephew yesterday (the one who goes to the games with me) and he is 18 and due to do his exams this summer which have now all been cancelled. Really feel sorry for him and all the others missing out on this. He went through a bad spell at school a couple of years ago and missed quite a bit of schooling. He had worked hard to get himself back in a position to have a real go at passing his exams before leaving school but that is now gone. Hopefully the teacher assessments they say are going to be done will give him decent marks and enable him to get a decent start at a job after the summer.

It won't help with your running.

For folk with an overwhelming need to exercise there's hundreds of YouTube stuff that covers general keep fit, stretch and grind, pilates, yoga and millions of other stuff to keep yourself ticking over.

Let me know how you get on :lauff:

Reading this and listening to 77's Clash by Culture.

Oh christ.
Ah. Maybe not.
not

But a lot of you are proving to be a bunch of wankers.

I'm looking at 'Someone in the Know' and it looks like nobody knows f&ck all !?

But a lot of you are proving to be a bunch of wankers.
I like that collective name ,'a bunch of wankers'
A bit like a ' doze of crabs' which itself is more interesting than
a wooly ' flock of sheep'

I feel your pain. Trying to work from home and do home schooling is not going well in this household. I've already been told this isn't the usual lunch time, why is there no milk for snack, why can't she use tiktok to do her homework, does she need permission to go for a pee!! Day 1 and I think there could be a child free to a good home soon!

let us know how day 2 goes.

That's me told to stay off work indefinately. We all got emailed last night bar a few "essential" staff to keep the core business running. Not me. I'm on official annual leave this week anyway, but it could be quite a while before I am back. Not able even to work from home. Interesting few weeks ahead...

That's me told to stay off work indefinately. We all got emailed last night bar a few "essential" staff to keep the core business running. Not me. I'm on official annual leave this week anyway, but it could be quite a while before I am back. Not able even to work from home. Interesting few weeks ahead...

You have Netflix etc? I am still working, from home, plenty to do for now, but that won't last if we stay in isolation fo rweeks.

You have Netflix etc? I am still working, from home, plenty to do for now, but that won't last if we stay in isolation fo rweeks.
Yep. Will watch some movies and programmes and stuff and try to get a daily run. I think it's important in such a situation to have a structure to your day. Now I know how the Bird man of Alcatraz felt..

She's on quaaludes by now I should think?

Scrubbed down and disinfected all garden furniture, barbeque, tools. Running out of tasks there, the fiery ones getting hotter in my ear for indoor jobs, going to burn the paint brushes later. Scrubbing the grouting between the bathroom tiles is on the list. Man cave is another sanctuary, TV with amazon fire stick and cracking music device at the side of the bed and book case full of geo political Shiite. Keep smiling guys loving the jokes. Keep safe.

Oh the fucking irony!

The retired person on here with a part-time courier job is working because apparently couriers can work!!!!

I'm not sure how long I'll be courying though.

working :coffeepc:

Woke about 7 ish. Listened to some Radio3,got up around 10,had some grenola,tidied my flat up to a certain extent.Packed up a bag, and a computer bag.Left my flat,and went to Sainsbury's bought a couple of bags worth of food.Decided to get a bus, because my shopping was too heavy to walk six miles.So got on a 25, but had to get off because my pass was invalid.So went to a hole in the wall,got out a tenner and went to scotmid and bought a bag o'sweets.Got a 25 which stopped a few minutes at each stop.Got back to my mum's,listened to Musical Youth,we had some soup and some coffee and biscuits.Now watching Nicola Sturgeon.

Done a nightshift last night, where I met Hibbymick of these shores. Knew him 40 odd years ago and his laddie played wi my laddie, again a few years ago.Seen him a few times over the last couple of months and didnae recognize him, he clicked who I was last night and introduced himself. Was 2 hours intae a kip when I got a phone call for another shift tonight.Now wide awake and listening tae no 2 son laughing his heid off at something, he’s supposed tae be workin from hame. Was strange last night, everybody tryin tae stay 2 metres away fae each other.

Woke about 7 ish. Listened to some Radio3,got up around 10,had some grenola,tidied my flat up to a certain extent.Packed up a bag, and a computer bag.Left my flat,and went to Sainsbury's bought a couple of bags worth of food.Decided to get a bus, because my shopping was too heavy to walk six miles.So got on a 25, but had to get off because my pass was invalid.So went to a hole in the wall,got out a tenner and went to scotmid and bought a bag o'sweets.Got a 25 which stopped a few minutes at each stop.Got back to my mum's,listened to Musical Youth,we had some soup and some coffee and biscuits.Now watching Nicola Sturgeon.

What was your disinfecting routine after all that outdoor activity and contact Moaty?

Hopefully you’ve got plenty provisions that you can isolate most of this working week?

Apparently chemical spill trays are an essential. Yet all the higher ups are working from home just us scum that still have to go in.

Hahah day 2 was going well until we tried to do her French homework and after 5 minutes she walked away shaking her head telling me for that I'm just not as good as her teacher and I should really practice more! #hatsoff to all the teachers as how they don't lose it I'll never know!

This thread has been viewed 1769 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50