• Stay at home. Protect Everyone.

Save Lives, Stay Safe.

Hibs Kids In Hospital - Thank You NHS Shirt Donation

Qries

Wage cuts

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Hard to see any other way if it gets us going.
We've led the way all the way through this so it'll happen everywhere else too.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Free agents will have to lower their demands, it might lead to more 1 year contracts than normal.
Could be a few years of that up here too. Means lower half teams will struggle to get any income from sales. Good for the likes of us and The Sheep.
See who develops over a season and jump early.

I dont think anyone realises how big this will change everything yet.. every day you realise something new because of this.

Still can't see it solving these problems at the top level though.
If anything, I reckon the clubs with outrageous benefactors will be allowed to forego a few seasons of FFP

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
Inevitable this was going to happen. Don't think it will stop us bringing players in though.
I wonder if we will run a Development Team this season ? Hope so, but you have to think it might be an area we will have to forgo in the near future.

Steve20

Donator
Bounce Radge
Could be a few years of that up here too. Means lower half teams will struggle to get any income from sales. Good for the likes of us and The Sheep.

I dont think anyone realises how big this will change everything yet.. every day you realise something new because of this.

If anything, I reckon the clubs with outrageous benefactors will be allowed to forego a few seasons of FFP
We're clearly not in great health financially because of all this, like the rest of the league bar Smellies.... We won't be signing many people, so it might be good for the sheep but can't see it for us. If we're asking out current players to take wage cuts, they're not going to be happy to see others coming in.

It's going to be a struggle to get players in this summer and it was needed as our team wasn't good at all last year. But it can't be helped. I just hope Ron Gordon has deep pockets, incase it's needed.

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
We're clearly not in great health financially because of all this, like the rest of the league bar Smellies.... We won't be signing many people, so it might be good for the sheep but can't see it for us. If we're asking out current players to take wage cuts, they're not going to be happy to see others coming in.

It's going to be a struggle to get players in this summer and it was needed as our team wasn't good at all last year. But it can't be helped. I just hope Ron Gordon has deep pockets, incase it's needed.
How are The Sheep going to be any better a position than Hibs to sign players ?
Hibs will be bringing players in. They will just be on lower wages than we were paying before.

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Bounce Radge
Inevitable this was going to happen. Don't think it will stop us bringing players in though.
I wonder if we will run a Development Team this season ? Hope so, but you have to think it might be an area we will have to forgo in the near future.
The rumour is that Nish,Makel and Murray are going,I doubt we’ll run a development team with the costs involved in testing players constantly.
We need to hope a vaccine isn’t far away.

Our problem cash wish is that we don’t have 6k supporters donating each month the way The Sheep do....

Admin
I didnae agree with the deferring wages plan at the beginning, so no fussed they are taking paycuts now, many of us have had pays reduced or have had to live off furlough wages through out lockdown. All clubs bar Celtc will be doing the same.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin

I meant further forward, over the next couple of seasons.
The Sheep arent in any better shape than us though, dunno why you think different?

cleanyman

Bounce Radge
Less than 15 percent?

That's incredibly high

The highest I've seen thus far

Partick and Falkirk were 2 and 3 percent

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
Hibs werent remotely at the races regarding players wages and displayed a complete lack of understanding of the financial problems that the club were facing.

Virtually guaranteeing Scottys wages of £150,000 to £200,000 over a season even by deferring 25% to a later date was never going to be sustainable.🤔

At least I can stop going on about it and stop boring myself to death plus the few left who haven't got me on ignore.😉.

The difficult part now is going back to greedy footballers who really thought they were doing us a big favour and telling them they are going to have to take a second hit and this time its permanent and its real.

I can't see Jack Ross doing a happy clappy smiley interview this time around but well done to Ron for finally addressing a major problem.✅

We are all in this together and hopefully this encourages more season tickets to be sold on the basis that the players are now also being asked to contribute to the massive deficit that would otherwise arise.✅

Last edited:

HibeeZab

Admin

Good point, the impact of this could be the most substantial thing to happen since Bosman. Short term deals and loans may become even more common.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £100 per month to pay for the server, we realise that users may not be able to with this nasty virus, but if can, it would be very much appriecated ? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section. Stay Safe, The Bounce.
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£10.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 18 Years Old