• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Victorian Dad.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Educated at Eton and Oxford Trinity.
The best education a person can have (allegedly).
Seems it doesn't negate inherent stupidity.
Fuc*in erse.

Self satisfied, arrogant dumbphuck.The type of b'stad ye'd never tire kicking.Only b'stads that have never faced the world without having advantages turn out to be so....Jacob Ree Smug!

P.S. Delighted the stupid b'stad has made the gaff, though.Try sliming yer way out of that one!

The kind of guy you'd love to see a "Trading Places"-style reversal of fortune happen to.

Used to love Victorian Dad in the Viz!

The thing is this lot have whipped up the "everyone's offended by everything these days" brigade into such a frenzy of late there will be people sticking up for the arrogant posh twat.

Every time I think of the geek standing as an MP in Fife I snigger.
Patrolling the streets of Leven as a Tory candidate is bad enough, but a 27 year old taking his nanny with him.......

Still cracks me up.
:lauff:

Dont be fooled. The @@$@ is dangerous. (So is Gove and so is Johnson and Javid et al )
Being of sick for a while now, has given me the opportunity to scrutenise the Westminster Parliament. Those governing the UK are a disgrace. Their behavour, their tactics etc in the last few weeks have been frankly shocking.

Dont be fooled. The @@$@ is dangerous. (So is Gove and so is Johnson and Javid et al )
Being of sick for a while now, has given me the opportunity to scrutenise the Westminster Parliament. Those governing the UK are a disgrace. Their behavour, their tactics etc in the last few weeks have been frankly shocking.

Get well soon mate.

You may be off on the sick, but there's fcukall wrong with your powers of observation.
:54:

Jeremy Corbyn has mounted a fresh attack on Jacob Rees-Mogg over his “shameful” suggestion that Grenfell Tower residents lacked "common sense".
Jeremy Corbyn
Jeremy Corbyn speaking to supporters during an event at the University of Wolverhampton
Credit:
PA Images
The Cabinet minister was forced to apologise after he told LBC Radio that the 72 people who died in the blaze should have fled the burning building rather than follow firefighters’ advice to stay put.
But the Labour leader said it was policies such as raising flammable cladding on high-rise buildings and cutting the fire service’s budget that had failed to demonstrate "common sense".
Andrew Bridgen apologises for suggesting Jacob Rees-Mogg 'cleverer' than Grenfell Tower victims
Jacob Rees-Mogg forced to apologise after suggesting Grenfell fire victims lacked ‘common sense’
Jacob Rees-Mogg condemned after suggesting Grenfell fire victims lacked ‘common sense’
Addressing a rally in Telford this morning, Mr Corbyn added to his condemnation from Tuesday, by saying: “[The Conservatives] shamefully seem to think the victims of the Grenfell fire died because they didn’t have the common sense to save themselves.
“I’ll tell you what’s common sense: Don’t put flammable cladding on people’s homes. That’s common sense.
“Don’t close fire stations and don't cut fire fighters. That’s common sense.”
Mr Rees-Mogg told the station yesterday: "The more one’s read over the weekend about the report and about the chances of people surviving, if you just ignore what you’re told and leave you are so much safer."
Addressing its presenter Nick Ferrari, he added: “And I think if either of us were in a fire, whatever the fire brigade said, we would leave the burning building. It just seems the common sense thing to do."
Following an outcry over the comments, Mr Rees-Mogg said he was “profoundly” sorry and he had meant that he would have “listened to the fire brigade’s advice to stay and wait at the time” but that “with hindsight I wouldn’t and I don’t think anyone else would”.
He was later defended by Tory backbencher Andrew Bridgen, who suggested that his colleague would have survived the Grenfell Tower tragedy because he is more "clever" than the victims, before also promptly apologising.
The North West Leicestershire MP said Mr Rees-Mogg’s comments were “uncharacteristically clumsy”, but that they should be "put into the context of Jacob".
When asked if he was suggesting that the Commons leader was “cleverer” than the people who died in the fire, he said: "But we want very clever people running the country, and that is a by-product of what Jacob is. And that is why he is in a position of authority.
“What he is actually saying is 'I would have made a better decision than the authority figures who gave that advice'.”
He later said: “I realise that what I said was wrong and caused a great deal of distress and offence. It was not my intention to do so, and I do not want to add in any way to the pain that this tragic event has caused. I apologise unreservedly.”

This *&*^ must think he's Steve McQueen.
How can such a clever person not see that the people died because they were living in an unsafe building, that could've been a lot safer for something like of £1 per square metre of cladding.
The fire brigade should've changed the advice when it was clear that it was not contained in one flat.
Many countries actually had the foresight to ban this cladding years ago.

Its just the establiment trying to get rid of brexiteers.

What he said is true.

If a Building is on fire.....Get the fuck out!

Like he said...Its common sense.

Im pretty sure nobody would willfully stay in a burning building...No matter who told you todo so.

What he said is true.

Im pretty sure nobody would willfully stay in a burning building...No matter who told you todo so.
You'll find it was the remainers that got were gotten rid of!
To me it all comes down to profit before people.
It's all very well saying get out when you can see tv pictures but until you are in the position of wanting to go against the advice of so called professionals and thinking you're in a building designed not to do what it's doing who knows how you would react. I would imagine myself opening the wrong door, 1 to safety the other not.

What he said is true.

Do fuck off with this shit.
People died.
The building was unsafe.
Brexiteers = establishment.

Last edited:

What he said is true.

Easy to be an expert looking from the outside. I've experienced a high rise fire ten stories high with a wife and young children. We were told to go back in our flat as the stairs and lifts were full of toxic smoke. Fortunately the building was of a concrete fire safe construction and said fire was extinguished. Terrifying experience. Not all high rises are safe but I'm no expert. The fire brigade acted correctly in my experience. The fire in London upset my wife and I, She fought hard for improvements in high rise blocks all round the UK. Mogg is a *&*^. No apologies for that comment.

You'll find it was the remainers that got were gotten rid of!
To me it all comes down to profit before people.
It's all very well saying get out when you can see tv pictures but until you are in the position of wanting to go against the advice of so called professionals and thinking you're in a building designed not to do what it's doing who knows how you would react. I would imagine myself opening the wrong door, 1 to safety the other not.
To be honest I've never gone for the line the rescue services should have ignored their own advice. I'm assuming that advice was formulated following thorough investigations of similar incidents around the world.

I can just imagine the outrage if the guidance had been ignored and one person had ended up with singed hair!

Most high rise dwellings are designed in a way that each separate flat is basically fire-proofed to prevent fire spreading from one to adjacent others. The entrance doors will be fire resistant too. It's why terraced houses have fire walls in attic spaces too - prevent flames shooting straight along a joined attic space and setting the whole row alight immediately.
So the basic advice to 'stay put' isn't daft at all. It stops panic and disruption to fire fighters using the stairs to tackle the blaze. The problem here was it wasn't a 'normal fire' and it raced up the externals. Tenants wouldn't know that - they would take the advice of the experts.
The issue is that once it became clear the fire was spreading up the externals, the advice should have been changed, and it wasn't.
Tragic and hardly something for political points from the odious Mogg.

What he said is true.

You really are a twat aren't you! Reese Mogg is a multi-millionaire, inherited a fortune and is married into the aristocracy and the establishment are out to get him? I used to be mates with a couple of firefighters and they told me one night that the biggest danger in fire even in tenements is the smoke in the stairwell, so your pal Mogg knows feck all. But it the broader contemptuous attitude towards the poor, they were too stupid to get out and we are superior human beings, which Andrew Bridgeon's 'defence' made even clearer. These bastards really do think they are born to rule over the oiks.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just history repeating itself - Hillsboro had a narrative that it was the fans fault, due to a government conspiracy that protected the police and the media wilfully participated in.

Now we have Grenfell where the fire brigade were to blame, the people were too stupid to get out the burning building - in 30 years time, we might perhaps get to the truth which in all likelihood will involve a lot of senior politicians knowing these were death traps but the government records will be suppressed.

If you want to defend Jacob Rees-Mogg or agree with him, I think you maybe want to re-evaluate your life view.

Plus ca change, plus ca l'est meme choise.

Dont care what people think really.

It was an absolute travesty what did happen....BUT You would have tobe absolutely bonkers to decide to stay inside a burning building!

Not a huge fan of the Mogg....But on this occasion he is 100% correct in what he said.

It was an absolute travesty what did happen....BUT You would have tobe absolutely bonkers to decide to stay inside a burning building!

Not a huge fan of the Mogg....But on this occasion he is 100% correct in what he said.
People are trying to enlighten you as regards fire and high rise flats. You need to digest some of the replies on this thread. But I respect your opinion if that's your final thought.

Lakanal House in Camberwell 2009, 6 people died due to the fire not staying in 1 flat. The flammable cladding burned through within 5 minutes. I've seen it said Grenfell was probably preventable for a total of 5 grand extra on the cladding.

Can you literally not grasp the implications of this? The guy is basically saying "in life or death fire situations, trust your gut, not what the fire service tells you to do" - you can't see the potentially chaotic ramifications of that in a wider context?

It's not rocket science - this situation was an ANOMALY due to an unknown but critical factor. The other 999 times out of 1000, the fire service's advice would demonstrably reduce the loss of life that would ensue were panicked people to act on instinct; or, put the other way around, 999 times out of a 1000, you'd be MORE LIKELY TO DIE if you attempted to exit the building.

Jesus Christ. Seriously, how dull are folk not to get this?

For example, fast forward a year into the future. In a burning building, a firefighter encounters a man trapped in the building, freeing him from under fallen masonry. The firefighter knows that the shortest route to an exit is compromised by unstable rafters and a partial floor collapse, but that there is a longer route available and relatively risk-free.

FIREFIGHTER: "Sir, please follow me!"

MAN: <thinks back to good old "common sense" Moggy> "Fuck that, the exit's this way!"

FIREFIGHTER: "Sir, that's not safe!"

MAN: "Fuck you, I'm doing what my common sense tells me!"

I'll leave you to fill in the ending here, @Ryan69 ...

To be honest I've never gone for the line the rescue services should have ignored their own advice. I'm assuming that advice was formulated following thorough investigations of similar incidents around the world.

I can just imagine the outrage if the guidance had been ignored and one person had ended up with singed hair!
They were in a no win position. When the man in charge saw what was happening he should've given the order to evacuate and to fuck with protocol. Every plan has to be adaptable and subject to change. If people are going to die at least try and limit the number by acting quickly.

Its also this had enough of experts pish. Doctors telling me about my health, teachers telling me about my kids education firefighters telling me about fires. To hell with them all I'm going to use my common sense. Anyone who does the opposite is stupid, unless of course the experts agree with me, then common sense is inverted

That's ok then because your an arse.

As you may have worked out.I live in Moat House.About three years ago there was a fire in our flat.There was accrid smoke streaming up the stairwells.The fire brigade rapped on our doors and told us to stay inside.Thank goodness they did, otherwise I might not be here.Also I noticed there was flooding in England yesterday.The advice given to the residents was to stay inside.I presume Mogg would say swim for it.Not much good to the woman that drowned.

And so it came to pass that the head of the fire brigade has stood down.

I despair of where this is heading, and the lessons not being learned. Even worse 1 in 5 Scots are going to vote for this vile conservative party.

And so it came to pass that the head of the fire brigade has stood down.

I despair of where this is heading, and the lessons not being learned. Even worse 1 in 5 Scots are going to vote for this vile conservative party.

It really is a fecking disgrace. They are either english or rich or stupid. Cant think of Aany other catergory!

It really is a fecking disgrace. They are either english or rich or stupid. $%#@ think of Aany other catergory!

Brexit supporters...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really is a fecking disgrace. They are either english or rich or stupid. $%#@ think of Aany other catergory!
Huns

They were in a no win position. When the man in charge saw what was happening he should've given the order to evacuate and to fuck with protocol. Every plan has to be adaptable and subject to change. If people are going to die at least try and limit the number by acting quickly.

So you cause a mass panic and mad rush down the flights of stairs... everyone crushed, trapped, suffocated, blinded.... all while fire services try and make their way up the stairs...

This arguments about common sense...
Fire services done fuck all wrong, they've got years and years of data to show what will effectively and efficiently limit the number of casualties.
A mad rush goes against all logic... common sense eh

So you cause a mass panic and mad rush down the flights of stairs... everyone crushed, trapped, suffocated, blinded.... all while fire services try and make their way up the stairs...

This arguments about common sense...
Fire services done fuck all wrong, they've got years and years of data to show what will effectively and efficiently limit the number of casualties.
A mad rush goes against all logic... common sense eh
I'm sure in normal circumstances staying put is the right option but when the fire is not contained i'd rather take my chances than sit there getting burnt.
The biggest problem is allowing this combustable cladding to be put on buildings.

I'm sure in normal circumstances staying put is the right option but when the fire is not contained i'd rather take my chances than sit there getting burnt.
The biggest problem is allowing this combustable cladding to be put on buildings.

If everyone does that, then everyone is dead.

But, that's exactly the issue. The other conversations shouldn't even be happening.

This thread has been viewed 2622 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50