• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

VAR.....again.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
St Mirren given a penalty.
Ref gives a foul outside the box.
VAR gives a pen.
Outside for me.
The Ref rightly sends off the Aberdeen defender, but.....

Amateur Scottish refs who run it, doesn't work

Aberdeen concede 3 pens!

Aberdeen concede 3 pens!
About time they animals got their comeuppance

Wait till you see Hearts pen

By all accounts a joke.
Ref didn't give it but VAR said it was a pen.
Four minutes into injury time, you couldn't make it up.

By all accounts a joke.
Ref didn't give it but VAR said it was a pen.
Four minutes into injury time, you couldn't make it up.
ref did i think , looked to me like he did anyway

VAR should never have any part of football.
It leaves it too easily open too corruption.

Should be like rugby(at least when I watched a game in 2003),and tennis.

You can contest a decision 3 times.
If your right...you keep your challenge.

Against Rangers....how was the handball not a penalty?
If that was for Rangers....you can sure as hell guarantee it's a penalty!

I think the ref was making up for not giving the one in the first half that hit an arm twice.
Shambolic TBH.

Watched Sportscene earlier and there were dodgy VAR decisions in all the games today. It needs independent reviewers, Scottish refs are fuckin hopeless at it.

Watched Sportscene earlier and there were dodgy VAR decisions in all the games today. It needs independent reviewers, Scottish refs are fuckin hopeless at it.
True but at least they are consistently hopeless 😔

True but at least they are consistently hopeless 😔
Maybe they could work towards being hopelessly consistent?

VAR should never have any part of football.
It leaves it too easily open too corruption.

Should be like rugby(at least when I watched a game in 2003),and tennis.

You can contest a decision 3 times.
If your right...you keep your challenge.

Against Rangers....how was the handball not a penalty?
If that was for Rangers....you can sure as hell guarantee it's a penalty!
I agree it's a disgrace the way it's operated. Would be much fairer if Captains/managers were given 2 calls per half and then and only then should VAR be used

Maybe they could work towards being hopelessly consistent?
There is no hope only disappointment. Yo ho ho 🤣 Merry Christmas fellow bouncers and fck the Huns.

Haven't watched.

I assume the Hibs game was shown last?

Haven't watched.

Aye.

Haven't watched.

I'm sure they used to put one of the uglies on last on the basis that it kept folk watching till the end. Maybe Hibs are the biggest TV draw these days.

First Livi pen was a pen.
Second one was not.
Ball hit Joe's foot and deflected onto his arm. Rules are very clear that this is NOT a penalty when it hits another part of the body and then hand/arm.

So, even with VAR able to see EXACTLY what happened, even if the ref missed it - it's yet another case of the officials either being blind, stupid, bent, or not knowing the rules.

Second one was not.
Ball hit Joe's foot and deflected onto his arm. Rules are very clear that this is NOT a penalty when it hits another part of the body and then hand/arm.

So, even with VAR able to see EXACTLY what happened, even if the ref missed it - it's yet another case of the officials either being blind, stupid, bent, or not knowing the rules.
I’ll go for all four.

Second one was not.

Agreed and also think we should have a a free kick before the “handball”.

As Ismail goes to get to the rebound from his missed penalty, Campbell tries to shield the ball for Marshall to gather and Ismail goes straight through him.

Second one was not.

It’s simple, we play in green and white.

Although I've not watched any replays of the game apart from the goals, the incident in the 1st half where the long ball from back to front, resulting in the Livi forward and Hanlon tangling, on first impressions it looked like Paul clipped the livi player. I thought Var was gonna look at it,but hee haw.

Although I've not watched any replays of the game apart from the goals, the incident in the 1st half where the long ball from back to front, resulting in the Livi forward and Hanlon tangling, on first impressions it looked like Paul clipped the livi player. I thought Var was gonna look at it,but hee haw.
That's the inconsistency. Some incidents get looked at. Others completely ignored.
I thought it was a penalty as it happened and I get why Martindale thought so too.
As for the Holt red card I wasnt convinced it was red at the time, but the reaction of Porteus and the other Hibs players wasnt them simply trying to get Holt sent off, they knew it was a malicious tackle.

That's the inconsistency. Some incidents get looked at. Others completely ignored.
I thought it was a penalty as it happened and I get why Martindale thought so too.
As for the Holt red card I wasnt convinced it was red at the time, but the reaction of Porteus and the other Hibs players wasnt them simply trying to get Holt sent off, they knew it was a malicious tackle.

The first part of that Holt tackle was fine I thought.
But after he gets the ball he definitely uses the follow through to connect, dirty wee prick. Aimed right at him.
I've not seen the Paul one.

VAR isn't described properly... Called back for clear and obvious errors.
I'd imagine in that case it's a 50/50 so nothing clear about it.

Unlike the Hunco one against us, that's a CLEAR missed handball.

The folk in charge don't have a clue,
I'd like to see us for a weekend or 52 bring in referees from somewhere that's been using VAR for a year or 2 to take over the controls.

Get a benchmark where we can see the decisions that would be given elsewhere then compare once we go back to our useless contingent.

We wouldn't though, that would square things up too much.

Im sure he has a wee glance at Kev before the tackle and knewfine what he was doing the dirty wee bastard.

I see in my news feed today Neilson is complaining about VAR.
Mentioning the Fletcher/Gordon incident which the ref gave as a penalty.....it wasnt.
And he said their 2nd equaliser wasnt a penalty either.
It appears no one is happy with it.

I see in my news feed today Neilson is complaining about VAR.
Mentioning the Fletcher/Gordon incident which the ref gave as a penalty.....it wasnt.
And he said their 2nd equaliser wasnt a penalty either.
It appears no one is happy with it.
Neilson and Badloss share a unique distinction of having never lost an SPL game.
They have had points stolen, incredibly bad refereeing, or just plain cheating from the opposition. But NEVER have they been beaten fairly and squarely.

I have now seen the Spotty Lesbian incident, and the way Gordon went in for the ball with both feet up and no regard to Fletcher seemed to me to warrant a red card, but not the outcome that occurred.

Neilson and Badloss share a unique distinction of having never lost an SPL game.
They have had points stolen, incredibly bad refereeing, or just plain cheating from the opposition. But NEVER have they been beaten fairly and squarely.

I have now seen the Spotty Lesbian incident, and the way Gordon went in for the ball with both feet up and no regard to Fletcher seemed to me to warrant a red card, but not the outcome that occurred.
It was definitely self preservation/ cause injury mode with Gordon.
He did get the ball, but he had no idea he had done so.
Nor I suspect, did he care.

It’s simple, we play in green and white.
Only a certain green and white pattern is offensive to VAR though. Given the decisions that have gone against us since VAR was introduced it's difficult not to think there's an agenda against Hibs.

Only a certain green and white pattern is offensive to VAR though. Given the decisions that have gone against us since VAR was introduced it's difficult not to think there's an agenda against Hibs.
I would suggest the Celtc fans I Ken feel equally aggrieved.

Fair do's. I've not paid a great deal of attention to their VAR decisions. Hope you had a gd Christmas. mate

Interesting take on VAR.
One of the St Johnstone players reckoned that VAR at least gave them a break during Saturdays game against celtic.
The 'any ball' is being utilised by celtic to their benefit.
They have the ball boys giving the celtic players a ball as soon as one goes out of play thereby keeping the pressure and intensity on full.
Maybe less balls available on Wednesday may be possible.
And few pensioners doing the ballboy work?
Just a thought.

Interesting take on VAR.
One of the St Johnstone players reckoned that VAR at least gave them a break during Saturdays game against celtic.
They have the ball boys giving the celtic players a ball as soon as one goes out of play thereby keeping the pressure and intensity on full.
Just a thought.

I know of managers instructing the ball boys to be slow distributing, but I dont think we're allowed to have less balls. there must be a minimum requirement?

*if its a rule to have the quick ball system in place, not sure if it is in the SPL?

Nothing new there really , they get plenty decisions , always have like bigger teams in most leagues

They *&*^ always feel hard done by

They *&*^ always feel hard done by
Correct.
Always cheated never defeated.

Almost as bad as Stig and Badloss.

Interesting take on VAR.
Just a thought.
I seem to remember LJ talking about this being one of the things he'd learned from Celtic and Hibs are now coaching the ball boys to do similar.

I think if we don’t already we should have someone watching the game to advise the manager and harass the officials over var decisions in real time.

The penalty at ibrox is the one that sticks with me - easy to be deflected after the event but not so easy to ignore if you’re asking the 4th official why a clear hand ball that we’ve seen isn’t being reviewed by the ref.

The events on the pitch are set, we need to respond to them to our advantage.

I think if we don’t already we should have someone watching the game to advise the manager and harass the officials over var decisions in real time.

The penalty at ibrox is the one that sticks with me - easy to be deflected after the event but not so easy to ignore if you’re asking the 4th official why a clear hand ball that we’ve seen isn’t being reviewed by the ref.

Totally agree with this. Hibs are a soft touch, there’s zero consequences for the officials in not giving us a decision. Not a peep out of the club, no reaction by the manger or players.

If Hearts hadn’t got that penalty at Ibrox their social media would be all over it, Robbie Neilson would be complaining about it for the next month, and he’d bring it up right before they next play either half of the Old Firm.

It’s one of the scummier parts of football, but the clubs that pressure officials get more decisions.

This thread has been viewed 11261 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50