• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Vaccine on its own thread.

Do you think it will be ok to get the flu vaccination and the Covid one at the same time or at least quite near to each other ?
few folk i know got both at the same time including my Mrs

I'm getting the flu one at the same time

Had both at same time fortnight ago , one in each arm , no problem

Do you think it will be ok to get the flu vaccination and the Covid one at the same time or at least quite near to each other ?
Got both at the same time. Here the advice is you either get them same time or 3 weeks apart. Not sure why.

I felt really quite sore all over the day after but still well enough to go about my day.

Had both at same time fortnight ago , one in each arm , no problem
Got mine a week or so ago, same.
No issues.

Got my letter for both.
At Ingliston though, can I go elsewhere?

Got my letter for both.
Dont know about location change , but my wifes appt was for 7:20 pm on a sat night 😩
She went on the sat morning and was taken no problem . Seem to be flexible

Got my letter for both.
Yes, log on and you can pick another location date and time from those available.

Impressive data here on the booster efficacy

Looking through some recent posts, I wonder if someone could just clarify something ?

I'm mid 50's and had my last Covid jag on 7th June. Will I be getting a letter from NHS Scotland asking me to go in and get the flu and booster jags, or am I supposed to make an appointment online ? I paid for my flu jag last year, but if I just have to wait to be contacted and get it free on the NHS that's what I will be doing.

Looking through some recent posts, I wonder if someone could just clarify something ?

I'm mid 50's and had my last Covid jag on 7th June. Will I be getting a letter from NHS Scotland asking me to go in and get the flu and booster jags, or am I supposed to make an appointment online ? I paid for my flu jag last year, but if I just have to wait to be contacted and get it free on the NHS that's what I will be doing.
There's a guide thing about half way down this page - looks like you're eligible for both and can book online.

You’ll get a letter, but only after 6 months from your second jag. I’m due mine after the 25th of this month.

There's a guide thing about half way down this page - looks like you're eligible for both and can book online.

How you will be invited​

You will be invited by a vaccination invitation letter in the post.

From your link.

How you will be invited​

From your link.
I booked mine online for December

I booked mine online for December
Must be able to book it D. It telt me I’d receive notification late October early November.

Unless there is an admin slip up , you’ll get an invite , usually around a week before your 6 months are up 👍. If you dont and your 6 months expire you can then book them .

How you will be invited​

From your link.
Is that for 50-59? GM said mid fifties.

Other eligible groups​

You are eligible for both a flu vaccine and a coronavirus booster if you are:

• an adult aged 50 to 59
  • an adult carer or unpaid carer (aged 16 years or over)
  • a household contact (aged 16 years or over) of someone who is immunosuppressed
If you are eligible in one of these groups, you can book an appointment online for appointments in late November and December

Other eligible groups​

• an adult aged 50 to 59
  • a household contact (aged 16 years or over) of someone who is immunosuppressed
If you are eligible in one of these groups, you can book an appointment online for appointments in late November and December
I looked at 60-69, not sure if it’s for any other age group bud.

Other eligible groups​

• an adult aged 50 to 59
GM wont get an appt till his 6 months gap has passed

I got another blue envelope,I guess you will too.Mind you I didn't know I could change from Ingliston not that I'm going to bother.

I looked at 60-69, not sure if it’s for any other age group bud.
Aye, I think the initial priority groups had to wait for a letter but when they extended it to 50-59 they allowed folk to book online (although they wouldn't be able to book an appointment for earlier than their 6 months was up). I assume anyone who doesn't book online would get a letter eventually.
GM wont get an appt till his 6 months gap has passed
Yep, although I saw somewhere that they were treating 6 months as 24 weeks so might be able to do a wee bit earlier than 6 calendar months. I'm in the 40-49 group and will be trying to elbow in asap once it's opened up - I got AZ initially so the Pfizer booster looks like it makes a huge difference.

I got another blue envelope,I guess you will too.Mind you I didn't know I could change from Ingliston not that I'm going to bother.
Good to know.
If it's Ingliston for me then I will just go there.
I'll try to get the flu jab before then though.

I got my blue envelope today 3 days before the 180 was up.

Ingliston in a couple weeks on a Saturday morning. I tried to change the appointment online but nothing till late December. I'm going to try a walk in somewhere. Anyone tried Ocean Terminal? I've heard a unit is open there but not for much longer.

I got my blue envelope today 3 days before the 180 was up.

Ingliston in a couple weeks on a Saturday morning. I tried to change the appointment online but nothing till late December. I'm going to try a walk in somewhere. Anyone tried Ocean Terminal? I've heard a unit is open there but not for much longer.
As long as you've got the invite letter for booster you can pitch up at a drop-in without an appointment.

Get my booster on the 25th.Strangely I'm the type of hibee who wants to go to the games.

I am getting my flu jag and Covid booster in the morning before I drive up to Dingwall to watch Hibs play next week.

As long as you've got the invite letter for booster you can pitch up at a drop-in without an appointment.

As long as you drop in 6 months after your second jag . Doubt if they would do it before 6 month interval . You could get your lettter one or two weeks before your date , which will be 6 months gap 🤷‍♂️

Me too.

Good to know.
If it's Ingliston for me then I will just go there.
I'll try to get the flu jab before then though.

Hour and a half wait at Ingliston apparently, few at my work been there over the last 3 weeks.

There's a walk in, in ocean terminal now, that'll be where I aim for.

Hour and a half wait at Ingliston apparently, few at my work been there over the last 3 weeks.

There's a walk in, in ocean terminal now, that'll be where I aim for.
I was at Ingliston at about half six last night with my daughter and it was practically deserted. They had one lane for Covid jags and four or five for flu jags, only a handful of people waiting.

Got an appointment for the flu jab next week at a local chemist.
Spoke to a guy down at the gym tonight who said he got this Covid booster jab at Ocean Terminal. The appointment was for Ingliston, but he just turned up at Ocean Terminal at the vaccine drop-in area and they gave him the jab there.

In the back of my mind somewhere I think I've heard that you shouldn't have the covid jag within 2 weeks of the flu jag, or vice versa. However I know they're doing both jags at the same time at certain venues.

Which one of my 2 minds is correct?

In the back of my mind somewhere I think I've heard that you shouldn't have the covid jag within 2 weeks of the flu jag, or vice versa. However I know they're doing both jags at the same time at certain venues.

Both are being done Jack, booster and ‘flu at one appointment. One in each arm!

I saw someone the other day say that you had to either get them at the same time or leave a 2/3 week gap between them. Unfortunately he couldn't explain what the reason for that was and I don't remember where I saw it.

We have roughly the same daily cases as russia but around a fifth of the deaths, which is likely due to the vaccines

As I am 68 with underlying health conditions and 6 months and 2 week since my second jab and have received zilch correspondence regarding the Booster.
I phoned this morning upon which I was told that there was an appointment for me some weeks back but a mix up regarding informing me by letter. This is not the first case she sheepishly informed me.
Appointment now for 29th November. Have they now put me no matter how inadvertantly at a higher risk of contracting Covid. On a rammed bus to Hampden and in a rammed Club in two days time??

BIG G

As I am 68 with underlying health conditions and 6 months and 2 week since my second jab and have received zilch correspondence regarding the Booster.
I phoned this morning upon which I was told that there was an appointment for me some weeks back but a mix up regarding informing me by letter. This is not the first case she sheepishly informed me.
Appointment now for 29th November. Have they now put me no matter how inadvertantly at a higher risk of contracting Covid. On a rammed bus to Hampden and in a rammed Club in two days time??

BIG G
Alcohol kills it, so I've been told.

Alcohol kills it, so I've been told.
By a well-informed publican...

BIG G
Cannae believe yer only 68

Cannae believe yer only 68
You were 4 years above me at school ya bam.

BIG G

You were 4 years above me at school ya bam.

BIG G
I think that makes him about 80 because he repeated first year a few times.

:giggle:

This thread has been viewed 73817 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back