• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Vaccine on its own thread.

Just to say guys, the second jag hit me much less than the first. Nurse said that was the general feedback.
Your nurse was playing a guitar through an amplifier?

Sometimes it's best to suppress till you got the best :drop:

My mother-in-law took a *suspected* severe reaction to the Pfizer jab and is currently in the Astley-Ainslie paralysed with Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS). Pretty grim.

When she was initially admitted to the ERI we were informed they had seen a number of cases of GBS this year already when normally they would be lucky to see one, as it is such a rare condition.
I had an 'undiagnosed illness' when I was a young kid. Started off in my big toe then spread up throughout my body. I was basically paralysed from the neck down ,the Sick kids had to put a cage over me stop the blankets going down on me. Every day I was tested for my reflexes, I had a muscle biopsy and other tests. I was even put in front of a panel of experts who had a good look at me. Anyway all of a sudden I pulled through. Anyway I was reading this novel by Armistead Maupin and one of his characters got it ,and he described it, and I thought 'shit! that's what I had' it's got a connection to swine flu fever. Anyway enough about me. I hope your mother in law pulls through.

Just to say guys, the second jag hit me much less than the first. Nurse said that was the general feedback.
I had no symptoms first jag, second one flattened me fir 2 days.

Had my 1st jab on Tuesday, felt rough as toast (tired, achey, headache) from about Tuesday evening and all-day yesterday. Feeling a bit more normal today (just feels like a slight hangover). This is with the AZ and being on the boundary for getting that vs the other ones (40 yrs old)

Get my second next Wednesday.My sister says that GBS cases has been about 6 in 1 million, so not too worried.

Get my second next Wednesday.My sister says that GBS cases has been about 6 in 1 million, so not too worried.
Same day for my second Pfizer: Wed 2nd June. My left arm hasn't been right since the first jab.Can feel it sore at certain times, like putting it into sleeve, or raising it above my head

It’s an incredibly rare disorder but more cases been seen this year. I’ll likely be getting the vaccine when I get back from Nigeria but do have reservations now, given what has happened.

It’s an incredibly rare disorder but more cases been seen this year. I’ll likely be getting the vaccine when I get back from Nigeria but do have reservations now, given what has happened.
Although it seems more people than usual are suffering side effects from these jags, dont panic too much.
If you take a look at any info sheet given in any box of pills it gives the percentages of side effects possible with any particular drug. Even something as basic as paracetamol has side effects for some folk.
These drugs have been developed in double quick time and there will be people who have certain reactions to them which may not have shown up on trials due to the time constraints.
It gets scary only if you actually know someone who has had a severe reaction.

Last edited:
Now you mention it, it was nurse Hendrix...

Same day for my second Pfizer: Wed 2nd June. My left arm hasn't been right since the first jab.Can feel it sore at certain times, like putting it into sleeve, or raising it above my head

Well, unless you're signing for Hibs and have to do the traditional scarf picture, dinnae raise your arms above your head.
:coffee1:

Well, unless you're signing for Hibs and have to do the traditional scarf picture, dinnae raise your arms above your head.
:coffee1:
Just after signing for Huns. They dinnae raise their arms..... No Surrender!

Although it seems more people than usual are suffering side effects from these jags, dont panic too much.
If you take a look at any info sheet given in any box of pills it gives the percentages of side effects possible with any particular drug. Even something as basic as paracetamol has side effects for some folk.
These drugs have been developed in double quick time and there will be people who have certain reactions to them which may not have shown up on trials due to the time constraints.
It gets scary only if you actually know someone who has had a severe reaction.
Zero side effects 1st Jab, zero side effect second Jab. I suspect my brain/immune system have been in cohoots to ensure that I receive the maximum reaction for when I buy my first round in a year and a half, tomorrow.

BIG G

Well that’s me COVID proof.

Zero side effects 1st Jab, zero side effect second Jab. I suspect my brain/immune system have been in cohoots to ensure that I receive the maximum reaction for when I buy my first round in a year and a half, tomorrow.

BIG G
Only a year and a half ?????? I think they Jags have affected yer long term memory

Get my second tomorrow.

That's me had the second. Nothing to report apart from stiff between the shoulder blades. Mind you it's only been half an hour.

That's me had the second. Nothing to report apart from stiff between the shoulder blades. Mind you it's only been half an hour.

Let us know how you are doing 24 to 36 hours from the jag, that is when it blootered me.

Let us know how you are doing 24 to 36 hours from the jag, that is when it blootered me.
32 hours since my 2nd and apart from a bit tenderness , about 6 hours ago where I got jagged, I’m absolutely fine.

32 hours since my 2nd and apart from a bit tenderness , about 6 hours ago where I got jagged, I’m absolutely fine.

Aye you wore your superman skiddies when you took the jag.

Aye you wore your superman skiddies when you took the jag.
Had tae pull them down a bit for the prick. 😉

Got my second on Monday 1 o'clock.

OK until Tuesday afternoon headache and feeling like I was worn out so I had a few (2 twice) paracetamol and a siesta. Fine(ish) by late evening.

Today same again in the afternoon but only 2 paracetamol worth.

Got my first on yesterday. Pfizer vaccine.

Arm feels like someone has punched it but nothing else.

Got my second on Monday 1 o'clock.

OK until Tuesday afternoon headache and feeling like I was worn out so I had a few (2 twice) paracetamol and a siesta. Fine(ish) by late evening.

Today same again in the afternoon but only 2 paracetamol worth.
Just to add that followed the same story as the first one but the second was only half as bad.

Feeling fine at the moment .Doubt I'll feel any different in 6 hours time.

Got my second dose on Thursday and it followed the same script as the first one, knackered a few hours after it until about the 48 hour mark. Ready for a few pints now.

Last edited:
Didnt feel anything from either.

Received my first jab of AZ early March, was in bed feeling shit for 48 hours, received my second jab 2 weeks ago, felt absolutely fine, nothing, will be totally protected on Tuesday, feel invincible

Received my first jab of AZ early March, was in bed feeling shit for 48 hours, received my second jab 2 weeks ago, felt absolutely fine, nothing, will be totally protected on Tuesday, feel invincible
You're not invincible......but you are a lot less susceptible to serious illness from this fuc*ing virus.

You're not invincible......but you are a lot less susceptible to serious illness from this fuc*ing virus.
And still able to pass it on although less likely. Although that might be a double edged sword. If you don't feel the symptoms, or they are very minor you're more likely to be out and about spreading the devious wee fucker to other folk.

Be careful, stay safe.

I went to a walk in center today for my 2nd jag,my appointment isn’t until Friday.
Should I phone and cancel the appointment?

Reactions: Zab
I went to a walk in center today for my 2nd jag,my appointment isn’t until Friday.

Yeah I’d say it’s best to let them know.

Your record should have been updated when you received the second jab, but I’d agree with Zab - won’t do any harm to let them know.

If the walk in didn't say anything I'd say yes, phone.

Other folk I've heard doing the same as you have been assured their original appointment has been cancelled during the pre jag chat.

Highest figures in the UK since mid January and we are going to zero, fun ahead as Holland have learned.

Highest figures in the UK since mid January and we are going to zero, fun ahead as Holland have learned.
Holland are behind us timewise mate,them and Europe are about to be hit big time (like what happened with the Kent varient).
Scotland is on the way down number wise but England has already passed our numbers and will only get higher….

Heading out to get first jab now.... better late than never!

Incredible.

#OxfordVaccine reaches 1,000,000,000 doses released

Still far too few folk vaccinated. It could hinder any chance of getting out of this lockdown/freedom cycle.

Still far too few folk vaccinated. It could hinder any chance of getting out of this lockdown/freedom cycle.
It shouldn't.
Why should the majority be held back in getting back to normal due to a minority of people who refuse to take the vaccine (which is within their rights btw.)

This thread has been viewed 73851 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50