• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Vaccine on its own thread.

Due to my illness i have to be jagged in the house,it's been 12 weeks since my first jab so phoned today to ask when i would be getting my second jab,but unfortunately they cannot give me a date so hopefully it happens soon.

Nope, but I'd also be curious to know what they're serving up at the Pyramids as I'm heading there tomorrow (ideally without two pages of Egyptian puns into the bargain :3:)
Egypt?Long way to go for a jag.

Due to my illness i have to be jagged in the house,it's been 12 weeks since my first jab so phoned today to ask when i would be getting my second jab,but unfortunately they cannot give me a date so hopefully it happens soon.
I've seen a few articles that suggest the immune response gets better with longer gaps between jags so hopefully it'll be fine.

Wow. Had the AZ one yesterday lunchtime, and that was some night. Off work today. Not felt this shite in quite some time. Oooooft.

I've seen a few articles that suggest the immune response gets better with longer gaps between jags so hopefully it'll be fine.
Thank you Rocky.

Wow. Had the AZ one yesterday lunchtime, and that was some night. Off work today. Not felt this shite in quite some time. Oooooft.

You'll be OK by later tonight mate!

I know a few peeps that have felt shit after the jag. All are fine now. You are just one of the unlucky yin’s Ag.

I tried to tame it with beer and a few whiskies (bought to celebrate gettin the jag) the same night and woke up next morning feeling like a horror movie gone wrong... but 24 hrs later was fine.

Yeah, it's weird like - almost exactly 24hrs later, and I'm starting to feel okay again. Still a bit sweaty and achey, but definitely on the mend.

At least you didn't black out and do something stupid. Straight to hangover with no fun.

Yeah, it's weird like - almost exactly 24hrs later, and I'm starting to feel okay again. Still a bit sweaty and achey, but definitely on the mend.

I was 36 hours and fine. Then I went to work, *&*^ that they are.

I was 36 hours and fine. Then I went to work, *&*^ that they are.
Were you totally floored as well? I've honestly not felt that bad for quite a while, like. Still not quite right today.

I got mine Wednesday evening and woke in the middle of the night feeling pretty crappy but not in any obvious way, just a general sense of feeling a bit shite. Still felt a bit ropey yesterday morning and ended up having a lie down in the afternoon and woke up four hours later feeling awful. It eased before I went to bed though (may or may not have been wine related) and today I just feel like I'm on day two of a particularly brutal hangover. Plus, and without wishing to go into unpleasant details, my arse seems to be broken today.

Were you totally floored as well? I've honestly not felt that bad for quite a while, like. Still not quite right today.

Yes, flattened for 2 days, squint for a week plus. Only starting to feel as normal as I normally do the last few days. Weird one is the irregular squeamish/ nauseous feeling. So much so I turned down a sesh with some of my Celtc/ Everton pals doon Leith tomorrow, just dinnae feel right.

I got mine Wednesday evening and woke in the middle of the night feeling pretty crappy but not in any obvious way, just a general sense of feeling a bit shite. Still felt a bit ropey yesterday morning and ended up having a lie down in the afternoon and woke up four hours later feeling awful. It eased before I went to bed though (may or may not have been wine related) and today I just feel like I'm on day two of a particularly brutal hangover. Plus, and without wishing to go into unpleasant details, my arse seems to be broken today.

That's the one. Imagine how ye feel if ye caught the fucking thing!

That's the one. Imagine how ye feel if ye caught the fucking thing!
Aye exactly, I'm no leaving the hoose for the next ten days cos it'd be just my luck to catch the fucker before the immunity kicks in!

Had my second jag today. Last time around y arm was abit numb afterwards and I felt pretty crappy the next daybut nothing too serious. No adverse reaction so far

Magic.
I get my 2nd dose on Sunday

Had my second jag today. Last time around y arm was abit numb afterwards and I felt pretty crappy the next daybut nothing too serious. No adverse reaction so far
I had both jabs in December and January (I work in the NHS) and just had a sore arm for a day afterwards. Most of my colleagues were the same. Doesn’t seem to be any pattern to it as to who has a bad reaction etc. My parents were laid low for a couple of days with it although they are both getting on

I had both jabs in December and January (I work in the NHS) and just had a sore arm for a day afterwards. Most of my colleagues were the same. Doesn’t seem to be any pattern to it as to who has a bad reaction etc. My parents were laid low for a couple of days with it although they are both getting on
My Dad had absolutely no reaction at all to either of the jags , not even a sore arm

I got my first jag on March 23rd.
Felt bad the next day, sore all over and a bit of a headache, plus a sair arm.
Next day fine.

My Dad had absolutely no reaction at all to either of the jags , not even a sore arm
Old School.

I was the same.

Some right girlies on here eh.

Has anyone had there second Astra Zeneca jag that had a bad reaction to the first? After the second jag was it the same reaction?

I was pretty sick for about 36/48 hours with the first one. Sore head fever etc and due the second one at 12 today.

Has anyone had there second Astra Zeneca jag that had a bad reaction to the first? After the second jag was it the same reaction?

I was pretty sick for about 36/48 hours with the first one. Sore head fever etc and due the second one at 12 today.
My youngest lassie has, no wantin tae put you off but she was same after second jag. Take a couple of paracetamols before yi get it. Seen a couple of people done that and been ok. They might have been ok anyway so it might no work but worth a shot.

Grim warnings today of this leading to 10,000 admissions and a 1000 deaths a day in the summer. Makes you wonder what the bloody point of the vaccine is then

Grim warnings today of this leading to 10,000 admissions and a 1000 deaths a day in the summer. Makes you wonder what the bloody point of the vaccine is then
Who the fuck is it killing if the vaccines work?

Who the fuck is it killing if the vaccines work?
Exactly what the million dollar question should be. If these vaccines are so effective why are they projecting figures just as bad, if not worse, than the last wave?

Exactly what the million dollar question should be. If these vaccines are so effective why are they projecting figures just as bad, if not worse, than the last wave?
They are using the worst case scenario as they always do to scare the shit out of the populace and keep them under control. IMO we will not see anything like what they are projecting.

They are using the worst case scenario as they always do to scare the shit out of the populace and keep them under control. IMO we will not see anything like what they are projecting.

certainly shouldn’t do if the vaccine is as good as it’s supposed to be. The media are at it again. I was never a fan of the media in this country, particularly newspapers, before this pandemic but their conduct, in the main, has been disgusting throughout. They must know the mental health of millions of people has taken a battering and many are teetering on the edge and they Stoke it with their lurid headlines and doom and gloom. Disgusting

certainly shouldn’t do if the vaccine is as good as it’s supposed to be.

The current vaccines haven't been tested against new variants. There's a suggestion that the efficacy is lower.

1000 a day still seems high but its all just finger in the air stuff, highest number gets reported.

The current vaccines haven't been tested against new variants. There's a suggestion that the efficacy is lower.

1000 a day still seems high but its all just finger in the air stuff, highest number gets reported.
Agree, the efficacy may be a tad lower but it'll still work just dandy and the reduction in transmission due to vaccines will get us to herd immunity no bother once everyone is done.

Your point about highest number getting reported is spot on, but it's not fear mongering as is often suggested, it's simple clickbait. I saw a New York Times journalist quoting that bad news stories get something like 13 times more clicks than good news ones. This is the cycle that is profoundly damaging to people's mental health - scientists write a scenario paper in good faith which includes the (vanishingly unlikely but possible) scenario of 1000 deaths per day, fully contextualised and variables defined. Newspapers pick the scariest part for clicks. Folk click it and then get in a tizz and share the scary part with zero context on forums. Big flap ensues about a whole lot of nada. It's really unhelpful and bad for people's mental state when all we need to do (in this country at least) is keep a lid on things for a few more weeks and we're home and dry. If we need to slow down easing of restrictions in some areas here and there then so be it, it's not for much longer.

Had my 2nd dose at 11am yesterday,woke up today aching all over and shattered but doesn't seem too bad

Last edited:
I only got my first dose a week ago but I was curious to see if my second had been scheduled. However when I logged into my account the vaccination status was showing that I'd received zero doses. I just rang the status helpline (08081968565) and they said they'd updated it now, although no idea how they knew which one I got. Might be worth folk checking their records to see if their first is showing correctly in case it interferes with getting second appointment.

I only got my first dose a week ago but I was curious to see if my second had been scheduled. However when I logged into my account the vaccination status was showing that I'd received zero doses. I just rang the status helpline (08081968565) and they said they'd updated it now, although no idea how they knew which one I got. Might be worth folk checking their records to see if their first is showing correctly in case it interferes with getting second appointment.
Got letter today for 2nd jag. 9 weeks 2 days after 1st.

When I got my first one the systems were down so I was a bit concerned they'd lose me from the system. I was also in the group whose letters had been delayed. Then it was announced they were going to give second jags in 8 weeks when I was already at 9 and a friend who'd got his first a week after me said he had just got his second.

It didn't look good!

I was going to phone this afty but low and behold my blue envelope arrived at lunchtime. [sigh of relief smiley] Next Monday.

Got letter today for 2nd jag. 9 weeks 2 days after 1st.
Seems that they are doing what Bozo said a few days ago and closing the gap between first and second jabs. Let’s hope it makes all the difference with the uncertainty of this Indian variant 🤞

How do you log onto see your vaccine history?

How do you log onto see your vaccine history?
It's this link for most Health Boards I think:

You'll need the user name printed at the bottom of the original appointment letter.

Just to say guys, the second jag hit me much less than the first. Nurse said that was the general feedback.

My mother-in-law took a *suspected* severe reaction to the Pfizer jab and is currently in the Astley-Ainslie paralysed with Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS). Pretty grim.

When she was initially admitted to the ERI we were informed they had seen a number of cases of GBS this year already when normally they would be lucky to see one, as it is such a rare condition.

My mother-in-law took a *suspected* severe reaction to the Pfizer jab and is currently in the Astley-Ainslie paralysed with Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS). Pretty grim.

When she was initially admitted to the ERI we were informed they had seen a number of cases of GBS this year already when normally they would be lucky to see one, as it is such a rare condition.
Sorry to hear that, hope she recovers ok

This thread has been viewed 73433 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back