Vaccine on its own thread.

southfieldhibby

Private Member
Reaction score
Ocean Terminal has a notice up saying that walk in is only available for first and second jabs. Appointments only for boosters.
Expect that’ll change soon given what’s happening. Festive season looking shaky..

JFP1302

Private Member
Reaction score
Ocean Terminal has a notice up saying that walk in is only available for first and second jabs. Appointments only for boosters.
Fucksake.
I was going to head over this week

Rocky

Private Member
Reaction score
Looks like the change to allow 40+ year olds to book a booster for anytime after 3 months from their second dose has now been formally implemented.

Greenmachine

Private Member
Reaction score
Isn't it odd that not so long ago they were saying it was only safe to take the booster jag six months after your second Covid vaccination, now they are saying it's OK after three months.

Rocky

Private Member
Reaction score
Isn't it odd that not so long ago they were saying it was only safe to take the booster jag six months after your second Covid vaccination, now they are saying it's OK after three months.
It wasn't about safety, it was about efficacy and the fact that waning of vaccine effectiveness starts to really kick in after five months.

Rocky

Private Member
Reaction score
I had a booster appointment for Sunday but I've just pitched up at Ingliston and they're going to do me now. It's pretty quiet

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
My wife was given an appointment at the pyramids at 7 on a Saturday night. What number do you call to change it?

Rocky

Private Member
Reaction score
My wife was given an appointment at the pyramids at 7 on a Saturday night. What number do you call to change it?
I'd suggest she just turns up whenever suits her. It worked for me at Ingliston, they didn't even bat an eyelid when I asked if they'd fit me in. It seems like they're pretty flexible as long as you have an appointment booked at some point.

Doc Shrink

Curmudgeon Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
You can do it online, but if just 'turning up' remember to cancel the appointment so someone else can get it.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Private Member
Reaction score
You can do it online, but if just 'turning up' remember to cancel the appointment so someone else can get it.
I think your details go intae the system and it cancels automatic. Lassie that took my details said I didnae need tae cancel mine when I asked her.

JFP1302

Private Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest she just turns up whenever suits her. It worked for me at Ingliston, they didn't even bat an eyelid when I asked if they'd fit me in. It seems like they're pretty flexible as long as you have an appointment booked at some point.
For a booster at Ingliston ?
I have an appointment Monday but would rather go Sunday incase I feel shot for a works meeting Tuesday

Rocky

Private Member
Reaction score
For a booster at Ingliston ?
I have an appointment Monday but would rather go Sunday incase I feel shot for a works meeting Tuesday
Yeah. That's similar to me, I had an appointment for Sunday but I'm starting a new job on Monday so didn't want to take a chance on being wiped out. The guy on the door asked if I had an appointment and when I told him I did but it's for Sunday he said just to tell the folk on the desk that I can't make the scheduled appointment. In the end it didn't matter, I just asked at the desk if they could squeeze me in and they did with no hassle at all. Got the Moderna.

JFP1302

Private Member
Reaction score
Yeah. That's similar to me, I had an appointment for Sunday but I'm starting a new job on Monday so didn't want to take a chance on being wiped out. The guy on the door asked if I had an appointment and when I told him I did but it's for Sunday he said just to tell the folk on the desk that I can't make the scheduled appointment. In the end it didn't matter, I just asked at the desk if they could squeeze me in and they did with no hassle at all. Got the Moderna.
Perfect
I'm going to try this on Sunday and see what happens

Greenmachine

Private Member
Reaction score
Got my booster jag appointment at Musselburgh on Thursday afternoon.
Booked it online, don't think I need to take any ID or anything ?
Hope it's the Pfizer one...a few folk I know have had a bad reaction after the Moderna jag.

JFP1302

Private Member
Reaction score
Hope it's the Pfizer one...a few folk I know have had a bad reaction after the Moderna jag.
What kind of reaction 👀

Jack

Private Member
Reaction score
I was floored by AZ for a couple of days after the first 2 jags. I got a half measure of Moderna as my booster and was totally fine other than when I touched the jag area the next day it was a wee bit tender.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here

This thread has been viewed 57899 times.

Support the Site!

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£10.00