• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Upcoming gigs?

Should have built something along lines of the Hydro in Leith years / decades ago.

Still some great venues and nights out to be had in Edinburgh in amongst lots of $#@!e.

Picture House in Lothian Road a big loss
Story goes that the hydro WAS supposed to be in leith but Edinburgh city council didn't want it there...the council offered up another site.

They wanted it at a site at inglestone. .which the hydro folk agreed to, as long as the tram was extended. The council said no.

Glasgow city council got wind and offered them space next to the secc with new car parking and new roads.

Shame put on a great show at Stereo in Glasgow tonight. Venue only holds 350 but on the back of six weeks in USA they also have a gig booked at the O2 in November. Really good live but I just had to buy the support bands cd after the gig. Three girls and a guy drumming. From Germany and reminded me of Sleater Kinney and Savages with a bit of the fabulous Kleenex / Liliput thrown in there too :applause:GURR was the name.
Gurr are great. I had them on heavy rotation on my Spotify last year after they got a bit of play on 6Music. Kinda gutted I missed them. Didn't even realise they were playing Glasgow.

Skebabs, Hibs Club Saturday.

The Excellant Absolute Jam just started. The Skantastic Skebabs up later. Hibs win and this doesnae get much better.

BIG G

Not a music gig but I saw Warhorse for the second time this week. It's in a league of its own.

Ok folks, I know this won't be everyone's cup of tea but there's a concert coming up at St Cuthbert's Church in Edinburgh featuring The Cory Band and the Whitburn Band On Thursday 5th April.
The Cory Band from Wales are the world's finest brass band and they're performing a joint concert with Scotland's top band Whitburn who are ranked 5th in the world.
If you've never heard brass bands play other than in parades, then give your ears a treat. Brass players are probably the best musicians you're ever likely to hear.
I was in the Edinburgh Schools Brass Band, so I can appreciate a good brass band.

- - - Updated - - -

The Excellant Absolute Jam just started. The Skantastic Skebabs up later. Hibs win and this doesnae get much better.

BIG G
both bands were great.

Going to the meadies festival, it's on tomorrow and sunday,I'm going to see my mates band (Coco Whitson-good hibbie) with one of the bands he's in Voicex-a sort of punky new band on one of the stages on Sunday around four.He plays bass for Boots For Dancing,was in Gargleblood,and the Blood Uncles.Should be a good one,other bands are playing,sorry i don't know the lineup,but get yourself up to the meadies.

TRNSMT first weekend.
Justin Timberlake with the GF in July.
Catfish & The Bottleman at Glasgow Summer Sessions in August.
The Proclaimers in Glasgow in November.

Young Fathers at Leith Theatre last night was a good one, venue is brilliant

Young Fathers at Leith Theatre last night was a good one, venue is brilliant

Saw them at the Playhouse when they supported Weller. Decent warm up for the main man.

Michael Head and the Red Elastic Band - Newcastle - July.

[video=youtube;rEvLapWdESE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEvLapWdESE[/video]

Anyone walking up Walton Lane to the game, Newby Street , a couple of streets fae Goodison.

BIG G

slayer in November

http://www.scotland.sundaysessions.net/

Got a spare ticket for this if anyone fancies it,decent line up for £30....

Some great gigs in Leith this month.

So far going to Mogwai, Linton Kwesi Johnstone and Jesus and Mary Chain, prob pick up a couple more. Big difference being able to walk to the venue from my house

Some great gigs in Leith this month.

So far going to Mogwai, Linton Kwesi Johnstone and Jesus and Mary Chain, prob pick up a couple more. Big difference being able to walk to the venue from my house
Try n catch the first support at JAMC - Spinning Coin, their album is cool - jangly 80s indie

Orbital last week at George square Glasgow was top notch. All the old belters plus some new stuff accompanied by a visual extravagance.
071c120d8000ef87371b59deb8a85bc4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Went to see them at Hampden in 1991 as I thought they would be retiring pretty soon after and I'd never seen them before.....

I was also at that gig (the Steel Wheels tour?)with my wife who liked the Stones but wasn't their biggest fan. She had been to many concerts before but said they were the best live band she had ever seen and after many more gigs of various bands she still says the same (Gunn were the support act and were excellent) My brother saw them last year and said that Jagger must have had a heart/lung transplant as he ran about and danced for the whole night and the band is still really tight.

Last edited:
In anticipation of going to see the Proclaimers in the autumn...

From the new album. Love it.

Runrig tomorrow at Stirling

Dirtbox Disco in the liquid rooms on 28th
its an all day gig starts at 1 some great bands
sunday punk club
Aye hobos
Knock Off the future of british OI

Runrig tomorrow at Stirling

Last ever show I think.
They're great live. Ian Bayne is a brilliant drummer and Malcolm Jones makes some great noises in his guitar.

Hope it's good, enjoy!

Proclaimers at the Liverpool Empire on October 14th. Looking forward to it.

Proclaimers in Bath - end of October. Only ever seen them at TITPs previously so looking forward to this one.

Proclaimers in Dunfermline in November, also got tickets for Steve Mason ( ex Beta Band ) in Glasgow in January and Malcolm Middleton in Edinburgh in November.

Young fathers 30th November
02 academy, Glasgow.

Dirtbox Disco in the liquid rooms on 28th
its an all day gig starts at 1 some great bands
sunday punk club
Aye hobos
Knock Off the future of british OI

I was at this and can remember very little of it. I'd been on the bev since before the game and met up with my dad and pals at the Liquid Rooms after another scoopful in Robbie's and nothing to eat... Anyway, I was told this afternoon by my paw that apparently during Knock Off's set when they started rabbiting about Hearts, I let out a rendition of "We Are Hibernian FC" - I have no memory of this whatsoever but it got a reaction apparently.
:icon-mrgreen:

Proclaimers in Dunfermline in November, also got tickets for Steve Mason ( ex Beta Band ) in Glasgow in January and Malcolm Middleton in Edinburgh in November.

Got tickets for the Nottingham concert. Lat thing I went to was the Dalkeith retro rock thingy with Midge Ure and various bands..me a lady and several over the top priced bottles of wine..was a great day...except the price

Just got tickets to see James Chance (next year ffs!). I remember when he played in Edinburgh in the early eighties - totally blew me away. One of the best gigs I’ve seen - mutant funk at its best.

Edit: I’ve just googled what he looks like now. Seen better days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to see A Certain Ratio last night at the voodoo rooms after rolling off the train from Paisley, absolutely superb gig really enjoyed it.

Went to see A Certain Ratio last night at the voodoo rooms after rolling off the train from Paisley, absolutely superb gig really enjoyed it.

Saw them last year - brilliant. There was a good hibee djing last night too.

Saw them last year - brilliant. There was a good hibee djing last night too.

Aye, good guy.

20th October : Idles @ QMU (NEEDING A TICKET.....HELP!!!!!)
22nd October : Dreamwife @ SWG3
27th October : Sleaford Mods @ the Barras

I saw Kasabian at the Liquid Rooms just before they released the first album.
I was back at the same venue a couple of months ago to watch a lackluster Stiff Little Fingers go through the motions

I'm meant to be going to see David Byrne in Glasgow on the 22nd but work has scunnered that. Any takers? got 2 tickets, £35 each...

I'm meant to be going to see David Byrne in Glasgow on the 22nd but work has scunnered that. Any takers? got 2 tickets, £35 each...
Maybe aye, will give you a shout

Bootleg Beatles at the Usher Hall..December 15th.

Bootleg Beatles at the Usher Hall..December 15th.

Thought you might have been at She Street Band in Glasgow the other night, I couldn’t make it through

Thought you might have been at She Street Band in Glasgow the other night, I couldn’t make it through
If they had played in Edinburgh I might have went. A couple of good Springsteen tribute bands are The Rising and the Springsteen Sessions, both worth seeing if you are a fan of the Boss.

The Cure, Mogwai and Twighlight Sad in Bellahouston park next summer. Tickets on sale on Friday. I'll be poised in front of a computer ready to snap up a couple.

What a line up!

David Byrne gig at the Hydro on Monday night was amazing

This thread has been viewed 36839 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50