• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Upcoming gigs?

fieryjack

'Good Evening - We Are The Fall Radge'
Private Member
Reaction score
It's desparate for decent Edinburgh venues and I'm not trying to rub it in and although I am trying to cut back.........I have tickets for these in the next few months ......

09.02.18 Go! Team @ QMU
12.04.18 Shame @ Stereo
04.05.18 Mexrissey @ SWG3
22.05.18 Sparks @ 02 Glasgow
27+28.05.18 LCD Soundsystem @ SWG3

Always fancied seeing The Go! Team live, their first album was excellent and unlike anything I'd heard before.

No gigs coming up for me but hoping to get a weekend or 2 away from the trouble and strife and the bin lids later in the year to see some bands. Been recommended the 'Victorious' festival in Portsmouth

Would love to see the Go Team live.

Me & son going to Kendrick Lamar for his birthday on Sunday. Luckily I love him too (both of them).

Support from James Blake. So, nae skimping on the support (in my opinion)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denise Johnson fi Primal Scream in the church next to the Percy at foot of ER in two weeks

Would love to see the Go Team live.

Me & son going to Kendrick Lamar for his birthday on Sunday. Luckily I love him too (both of them).

Support from James Blake. So, nae skimping on the support (in my opinion)

Saw Go Team support Flaming Lips. They were much better tbh. Lips had a couple of decent tunes, but it was mostly about furry animals and big balloons.

Well that was a great gig! Early start at 8.30 so had to stick with hearing the first ten minutes in the queue outside. Eight of them on stage and apart from one female singer, one drummer and the trumpet and trombone girls there was much changing of instument and 'positions' with the singer and guitarist playing the other of the two sets of drums, guitarist, drummer, banjo player swapping around and a great flute, wind section and wee plastic flute keyboard thing played by the Japanese girl.

Pretty bonkers all round but great energy on stage and fun for all lucky enough to be there and we all left with silly grins on the faces which doesn't happen enough at gigs IMO.

Rounded off in the Chip where I ended up sitting beside a girl I last saw in P7 over 40 years ago - mental!

Well that was a great gig! Early start at 8.30 so had to stick with hearing the first ten minutes in the queue outside. Eight of them on stage and apart from one female singer, one drummer and the trumpet and trombone girls there was much changing of instument and 'positions' with the singer and guitarist playing the other of the two sets of drums, guitarist, drummer, banjo player swapping around and a great flute, wind section and wee plastic flute keyboard thing played by the Japanese girl.

Pretty bonkers all round but great energy on stage and fun for all lucky enough to be there and we all left with silly grins on the faces which doesn't happen enough at gigs IMO.

Rounded off in the Chip where I ended up sitting beside a girl I last saw in P7 over 40 years ago - mental!

Lee 'Scratch' Perry. La Belle Angele...up the toon. At 82 years auld he makes me feel like a spring chicken.

BIG G

Ok folks, I know this won't be everyone's cup of tea but there's a concert coming up at St Cuthbert's Church in Edinburgh featuring The Cory Band and the Whitburn Band On Thursday 5th April.
The Cory Band from Wales are the world's finest brass band and they're performing a joint concert with Scotland's top band Whitburn who are ranked 5th in the world.
If you've never heard brass bands play other than in parades, then give your ears a treat. Brass players are probably the best musicians you're ever likely to hear.

Ok folks, I know this won't be everyone's cup of tea but there's a concert coming up at St Cuthbert's Church in Edinburgh featuring The Cory Band and the Whitburn Band On Thursday 5th April.
The Cory Band from Wales are the world's finest brass band and they're performing a joint concert with Scotland's top band Whitburn who are ranked 5th in the world.
If you've never heard brass bands play other than in parades, then give your ears a treat. Brass players are probably the best musicians you're ever likely to hear.

your blowing your own trumpet

Alvvays @ O2 Academy Feb 18th
Field Music @ St Luke’s Mar 17th
Manic Street Preachers @ Hydro Apr 25th
Superchunk @ Stereo May 25th

All Glasgow too... it does have almost complete dominance in Scotland as far as gigs go.

I’m looking forward to the Manics gig at the Hydro. It’ll be my first visit to the enormodome. They should be the type of arena rock band that sound good in there.

All Glasgow too... it does have almost complete dominance in Scotland as far as gigs go.

Who is to blame for the lack of a decent venue in Edinburgh? When you see some of the shitey cities down south that manage to get an indoor arena with decent capacity and we have nothing of note other than Corn Exchange in west of the city (2.5k?) and Ingliston on the outskirts.

Is it a council problem? How can Glasgow have so many good Arenas when I'm sure their council aren't overloaded with cash.
Is tourism money - generated mainly by Edinburgh - distributed to other cities with Glasgow Arenas used to help generate income for them or is that an urban myth that I may just have tried to start?

Don't want to start any Glasgow v Edinburgh arguments but how the feck we don't have anything for music/sports etc is a shambles considering the income coming into the city and businesses situated there for sponsorship opportunities.

Should have built something along lines of the Hydro in Leith years / decades ago.

Still some great venues and nights out to be had in Edinburgh in amongst lots of shite.

Picture House in Lothian Road a big loss

The Corn Exchange is a great venue. It just seems that bands can draw bigger crowds these days. In the 90s I saw the likes of Blur and Foo Fighters in there. Bands of that level seem to play nothing but sports stadiums these days. Neutral Milk Hotel are the only band I’ve seen in the Corn Exchange in the last... 15 years?

Alvvays @ O2 Academy Feb 18th
Field Music @ St Luke’s Mar 17th
Manic Street Preachers @ Hydro Apr 25th
Superchunk @ Stereo May 25th
I like the look of Field Music mate. Heard that its a good venue but I've only been downstairs in the bar before the first game at Parkhead this season.

I’m looking forward to the Manics gig at the Hydro. It’ll be my first visit to the enormodome. They should be the type of arena rock band that sound good in there.
I've only been there for Depeche Mode, Arcade Fire and Morrissey. I felt they were all too 'quiet' for the venue so I'd agree with you here.

The Corn Exchange is a great venue. It just seems that bands can draw bigger crowds these days. In the 90s I saw the likes of Blur and Foo Fighters in there. Bands of that level seem to play nothing but sports stadiums these days. Neutral Milk Hotel are the only band I’ve seen in the Corn Exchange in the last... 15 years?

Seen Kassbian there a couple of years ago but that was an usually small venue for them, think it was a warm-up gig for a tour. My mate that used to do security there once said that once a band had played there once they’d never do it again! Can’t remember exactly why... could’ve been acoustics, facilities, or possibly bad treatment by the venue.

Who is to blame for the lack of a decent venue in Edinburgh? When you see some of the shitey cities down south that manage to get an indoor arena with decent capacity and we have nothing of note other than Corn Exchange in west of the city (2.5k?) and Ingliston on the outskirts.

Is it a council problem? How can Glasgow have so many good Arenas when I'm sure their council aren't overloaded with cash.
Is tourism money - generated mainly by Edinburgh - distributed to other cities with Glasgow Arenas used to help generate income for them or is that an urban myth that I may just have tried to start?

Don't want to start any Glasgow v Edinburgh arguments but how the feck we don't have anything for music/sports etc is a shambles considering the income coming into the city and businesses situated there for sponsorship opportunities.

At one time in Edinburgh you could go and see bands virtually every night of the week. Ask Sir Shrink. He will confirm as does this excellent site.

http://www.edinburghgigarchive.com/page11.htm

Clouds/Coasters.....1977 15th July The Jam, support bands The Rezillos & The Jolt (The Jam earlier that day signing copies of All Around The World at Hot Licks Cockburn Street. They were paid for the instore signing with 24 cans of lager!) Quality.

BIG G

Flicking through some of the venues on the above site reminded me of some of the absolutely brilliant gigs I attended in the Playhouse in the 70's and 80's before it dedicated itself to shan musicals and the like.

BIG G

Going to TRNSMT on Saturday 30 June. Liam Gallagher is headlining but I'm more excited to see Gerry Cinnamon live. I tried to get tickets to his solo tour but it sold out within 3 minutes.

Also hoping that Gerry Cinnamon doesn't clash with The Snuts at TRNSMT as I'd love to see them as well.

Saw Gerry Cinammon when he supported OCS at the Hydro. He was excellent.

His album was the best album of 2017 as far as I’m concerned.

Flicking through some of the venues on the above site reminded me of some of the absolutely brilliant gigs I attended in the Playhouse in the 70's and 80's before it dedicated itself to shan musicals and the like.

BIG G

I would hang out round the back and guarantee someone would either give me a pass or just open the door and let me in. Saw many bands that way as a young teen.

Proclaimers are touring second half of this year. Tickets go on sale this week. Pre-sale tomorrow if you sign up to the mailing list:

https://www.proclaimers.co.uk/cpt_news/the-proclaimers-uk-2018-tour-ticket-pre-sale/

Just noticed Paul Simon is playing Glasgow in July, couldn't justify the cost of the Hyde Park gig so chuffed to get a couple of tickets for this.

Proclaimers tickets secured today for November. :yas:
Off to see Weller at the weekend, George Ezra in March.

Not a music gig but also going to Kevin Bridges in October.

Procs tickets for Alhambra in Dunfermline sorted for November, might try for playhouse too

Proclaimers tickets sorted for their Bath gig in October! :thumbgrin

Seems like The Rolling Stones are gonna announce an Edinburgh gig tomorrow. Never seen them, they’re probably too old but I hope to sauzee I get a ticket

Seems like The Rolling Stones are gonna announce an Edinburgh gig tomorrow. Never seen them, they’re probably too old but I hope to sauzee I get a ticket

Went to see them at Hampden in 1991 as I thought they would be retiring pretty soon after and I'd never seen them before.....

Playing at Murrayfield in June. I'll bet the tickets prices are massive.
Seen them twice, first time was in May 1982 at the Playhouse when I was 17...second time was at Hampden in 1990.
I wouldn't say I was a big fan...IMO they were a great band up until about 1972. Always thought they were a bit overrated as a live band.
If you haven't seen them before and can afford it then get a ticket. It will be the last time they ever tour on this sort of scale.
Only U2 are as big as them on a worldwide scale.

Courtney Barnett at the Glasgow Barrowlands in June. Probably my favourite songwriter of the moment. Very sharp lyrics and good bouncy alt.rock tunes.

Looking forward to this. Missed her last time she was in Glasgow as the wife was days away from our daughters due date.

Newhoose, someone else(don't know if she is on the bounce) and myself are going to see Mickey9's sometime in the month.We saw them earlier on in the year at a beer festival at the old biscuit factory in Leith and thought they were very good,so we are going to see them again.Sorry I don't know more of the details but I never bought the tickets.Also I am going to see the Skababs at the Hibs club sometime( I wished I payed more attention when folk are telling me things) anyway they are coming up sometime.

Portys finest, Danny Mcgeever album launch gig at Bar Brig Leith walk tonight, will be a good one.

Went to see George Ezra last night at the Usher Hall and have to say I enjoyed it way beyond my expectations. He's got some voice on him and the quality of his live performance is studio good. Great atmosphere and a truly mixed audience just enjoying some decent tunes and a great voice.

I saw A Certain Ratio last weekend for the first time in at leat twenty years. They were brilliant. If post punky funk is your bag, try to see them.

Went to see The Wurzels last night at the Fleece in Bristol. Turns out the accordionist is from Penicuik. Ooh-Arrr!!

Went to see The Wurzels last night at the Fleece in Bristol. Turns out the accordionist is from Penicuik. Ooh-Arrr!!
He is also a gunt. Spit

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

If any of you stout worthies are in Galashiels on Saturday coming pop in to The Reivers Bar after 9.30 pm. My mates band Chil are playing. Rock covers for the most part.

He is also a gunt. Spit

Aye, established that unfortunate fact chatting to him after. Speaking of gunts, there was a boy serving behind the bar in the Wetherspoons in Newport yesterday evening decked out in full hearts tracksuit, baseball cap, and scarf. Strange bunch!

Aye, established that unfortunate fact chatting to him after. Speaking of gunts, there was a boy serving behind the bar in the Wetherspoons in Newport yesterday evening decked out in full hearts tracksuit, baseball cap, and scarf. Strange bunch!

"Wetherspoons" you say. Ha! A daily reminder of the boy, David. Goal scorer and gunt slayer in their beloved Cup no less. [emoji244]

Shame put on a great show at Stereo in Glasgow tonight. Venue only holds 350 but on the back of six weeks in USA they also have a gig booked at the O2 in November. Really good live but I just had to buy the support bands cd after the gig. Three girls and a guy drumming. From Germany and reminded me of Sleater Kinney and Savages with a bit of the fabulous Kleenex / Liliput thrown in there too :applause:

GURR was the name.

This thread has been viewed 36819 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back