• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Up against Hibs and McGinn - Nutmeg

Plasticman

Private Member
Reaction score
I know I promote the Scottish Football Periodical Nutmeg all the time, so just for a change here is something from the latest issue (14).

Along with other good Hibs related stuff (as always) there is an enjoyable article by Danny Denholm about being a part-time player playing against the big teams. There follows a short excerpt from it. HIbs were playing Arbroath, we won 6-1.

"As a he@rts fan I was going to get right in about Hibs. Especially high on my radar was fans favourite McGinn. During the warm up I glanced over hoping to stare out my opponents,but instead I was instantly mesmerised and intimidated by the sheer girth of McGinn's legs. I had lost the pre-game psychological battle but was adamant that I would win the on pitch battle. 2 minutes in McGinn receives the ball and when I scurry over to him he bursts past me as if I was a mannequin. 5 minutes in I sprint down the wing carrying the ball close to my instep. McGinn swipes the ball off me and sends me into the advertising hoardings. 12 minutes in we are side-to-side and I shoulder barge him with all my strength and power. He doesnt budge and Im left eating Easter Road grass. 46 minutes in and McGinn puts one into the top corner from 30 yards to make it 4-1. 47 minutes in I glance at the electronic scoreboard gasping for air and cant believe that ther have only been 47 minutes played."

Nutmeg really is fantastic, I urge you all to buy it - they even have it in the Portobello Book Shop now!

I worked with Danny's Dad Bob, both good football people.

Jambo you say?
That maybe explains why the helmet was going OTT about Porteous. Is he the thinking mans journeyman and getting more airtime of late as heard F all from him - or about him - before the last month.

1487BA55-E500-4589-9B8C-FC06DD66B797.jpeg

Jambo you say?
That maybe explains why the helmet was going OTT about Porteous. Is he the thinking mans journeyman and getting more airtime of late as heard F all from him - or about him - before the last month.

View attachment 1837
A fucking nobody calling a great prospect like ryan a coward for a hard tackle,.
"Acting the big hardman" it was a young kid playing for the team he loves ,and dives in for a tackle , totally committed to get the ball..
As was said this clown must be desperate to be heard.

This thread has been viewed 845 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back