• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Ukraine.

Cannon fodder.
The danger now is the staged referendums. Of course the results will favour Russia and Putin may well threaten a nuclear response should these new parts of the motherland be attacked.
Sadly he is batshit crazy enough to do so, and some of his chums seem even more keen on destroying the planet than he is.
Sad times.
You could be right as I don't see a way out that Putin will find acceptable. We've just got to hope somebody takes him out.

Last edited:
Fantastic to hear that the Newark lad, Aiden Aslin, Shaun Pinner and others have been released today and are safely on their way back to home soil. Rumours were still abound just yesterday that they may already have been executed as they were condemned to be. Can't even imagine what nightmares they and their families back home must have been living through.

Newark man Aiden Aslin released by Russia and will return to UK

In other news tonight, with some heavy anti-war protesting going on in Russia, particularly in Moscow and St Petersburg, many appear to be trying to escape possible conscription by heading for the Georgian border.

The demonstrations in places like Moscow against the war are only going to grow.Putin's next tactic is send prisoners to the front and threaten a nuclear attack.He's becoming more and more desperate.I can't see it lsting.The trickle of dissent will grow into a stream.

The trickle of dissent will grow into a stream.
Something many blokes of a certain age can only dream of...😒

The demonstrations in places like Moscow against the war are only going to grow.Putin's next tactic is send prisoners to the front and threaten a nuclear attack.He's becoming more and more desperate.I can't see it lsting.The trickle of dissent will grow into a stream.
For Putin it’s about not losing face now. Beware the last desperate throws of the dice of a nuclear armed dictatorship.

Something many blokes of a certain age can only dream of...😒

:lauff::lauff:

You could be right as I don't see a way out that Putin will find acceptable. We've just got to hope somebody takes him out.
He seems to have "sidelined" most of those who have spoken out against the war - so I expect it would be getting harder each day to get anywhere near him. Anyone attempting a coup/assassination would need to be very, very sure of success.

I think it is going one of two ways now. Either the madman will step up the missiles, though whether he will use nuclear I am not so sure. If he uses cruise missiles as he has been they are pretty expensive and do not a lot except bring buildings and infrastructure down. He might use the thermal bombs on the front line. But I actually think he is more likely to be ousted soon. The cost in manpower, money and business is something I cannot see him surviving over. Remember they moved out of Afghanastan because of 14k deaths. Right now Ukraine claim to have killed over 55k troops and about a fifth to a quarter of their total vehicles. Even if they recruit. how much equipment are they prepared to lose? There will be little to equip the new troops with. It is clear now that Russia realise this is a war even though many are still believing their media about Nazis. However it is one thing to support a war and another to fight in it and the vehicles trying to get out of Russia show that there is also going to be a mass drain on workers in Russia.

Some clues to the end game could be showing up in the fact that prisoner exchanges are happening. Perhaps it is more important now that Russia try to cover up the casualty list by returning prisoners. It was barely mentioned but at least 5 of the released Ukranians were high ranking officers in the Azov battalion, and they like the foreign troops were all sentenced to death. Yet there does not seem to be an appetite yet for executions. Rather prisoners are used as leverage and Medvedez was released to Russia in a high profile exchange likely for the Azov commanders.

Russia will most likely try to consolidate the Donbas and Crimea and declare victory. Ukraine however appear unlikely to allow them to live there peaceably and unless Biden decides enough is enough and tells Ukraine they will not provide more weapons without a deal being stuck then Ukraine will continue to harass Russia in the Donbas and Crimea. Biden though appears to sense blood and is happy to keep the Ukranians well supplied and allow them to decide their own terms. The war is certainly expensive for USA financially but they are not losing their armoury and more importantly they are not losing troops. I imagine Biden is happy to see Russia being depleted militarily, in manpower and financially.

If Putin decided to go nuclear then there is little we can do but wait and see what the West does. I listened to Jordan Peterson interview today and he said it is well possible there could be a strategic nuclear strike and he believed Biden might not respond because there is nothing for the West to gain.

I think there will be people within Russia who eventually will put pressure on to remove him. And the answer could lie in a military coup..though I have my doubts if the military is even organised enough to do that.

He seems to have "sidelined" most of those who have spoken out against the war - so I expect it would be getting harder each day to get anywhere near him. Anyone attempting a coup/assassination would need to be very, very sure of success.
Yup more and more mysteriously falling down stairs out of windows at the slightest questioning of Putin.

Referendums to go ahead over the weekend in four Ukrainian regions for integration into the Russian Federation (Donbass regions, Kherson, and zaporozhye).

The mobilisation will only call up reservists who have already served and have the necessary military expertise.

Although not covered in Putin's speech the Russian government has now expanded the recruitment of foreign fighters into their army, so it will be interesting to see if we'll see the likes of Syrian, Iranian, Venezuelan or North Korean troops showing up.

Recently Russia has started to use "kamikaze drones" from Iran which are causing significant damage due to the difficulty in defending against them.

It will be interesting how they use these troops, I assume they will have learned from the disastrous gung ho approach of March.

Also what will be interesting to see is if the integration of the four regions into Russia (accepted by Russia and a few radio rental states of course..) will change their approach to defending / attacking them.
Some of these wonderful kamakazi drones are being utilised to hit residential houses and boats etc. But they could be an issue, however a company Israel have just agreed to supply Ukraine with anti-drones to fight against these. An unnamed Israeli company will supply them through Poland.

I still think the answer lies in the Russian populace and not coups or assasinations.

Another Russian Mi-8 helicopter shot down tonight

I still think the answer lies in the Russian populace and not coups or assasinations.
I agree..but I think the military needs to also be persuaded this isn't going well

I agree..but I think the military needs to also be persuaded this isn't going well
It’s not going badly for them though.

Cannon fodder getting lacerated but the professionals are going home in stolen cars loaded with washing machines and fridges.

It’s not going badly for them though.

Cannon fodder getting lacerated but the professionals are going home in stolen cars loaded with washing machines and fridges.
On the face of it yes I agree to a lot of that and I suspect many troops will be held back in Russia to defend the Motherland. A lot of troops are just cannon fodder, particularly those "recruited" from the occupied areas and other poorer areas of Russia. But they have also lost a lot of colonels and generals and I suspect a whole bunch of pilots who do not come cheap and other skilled workers like engineers and computer programmers for their radars and precision guided missiles. The reports coming through just now on the Beeb show that many people who are being conscripted do not even have military experience which they claimed these people would not be called up. There is also people being arrested at protests only to be then handed call up papers and there is a loophole in the new policy that could actually see one million being called up rather than the 300k mentioned.

On the face of it yes I agree to a lot of that and I suspect many troops will be held back in Russia to defend the Motherland. A lot of troops are just cannon fodder, particularly those "recruited" from the occupied areas and other poorer areas of Russia. But they have also lost a lot of colonels and generals and I suspect a whole bunch of pilots who do not come cheap and other skilled workers like engineers and computer programmers for their radars and precision guided missiles. The reports coming through just now on the Beeb show that many people who are being conscripted do not even have military experience which they claimed these people would not be called up. There is also people being arrested at protests only to be then handed call up papers and there is a loophole in the new policy that could actually see one million being called up rather than the 300k mentioned.
I’m at the stage now that I wouldn’t eat a Russian salad.

Visiting Russia was on my wish list, but no more.

Reactions: Zab

You should reconsider.
I’ve been 3 times. Fantastic place

You should reconsider.
I’ve been 3 times. Fantastic place
Tourist.
:coffee1:

Last time.
Promise.
:popcorn3:

I’ve stopped drinking Molotov cocktails

I’ve stopped drinking Molotov cocktails
And playing Russian Roulette? Wonder what the world record for that is :sm019:

It'll be 5 shots as the 6th will always be fatal.

Not if you spin the barrel every time…

Not if you spin the barrel every time…
I used to have a really loud (plastic circle thingy) cap pistol when I was late teen, early twenties.

At parties we'd take one cap from the ring, load it then spin the barrel. It was absolutely amazing the reaction of some people when pointing the gun to their head and despite knowing for sure it was a toy almost unable to pull the trigger.

When it went off there was a forfeit, usually drinking a shot!

I used to have a really loud (plastic circle thingy) cap pistol when I was late teen, early twenties.

At parties we'd take one cap from the ring, load it then spin the barrel. It was absolutely amazing the reaction of some people when pointing the gun to their head and despite knowing for sure it was a toy almost unable to pull the trigger.

That's a forfeit!!! That's my kinda party. A forfeit is when you have to buy the drinks!

That's a forfeit!!! That's my kinda party. A forfeit is when you have to buy the drinks!
We never thought it would be a good idea to play with the gun in public.

Well not after the first ... and last time 🚨👮‍♂️🔫👮‍♂️🚨

I'm in!

Not going to plan for Putin, Russians fleeing the country in there thousands. Brilliant 😄

I've seen Deerhunter.Russian Roulette dosnae always end up well.

What about the Iranian drones? By the way I doubt there will be a 21 day collapse as this video is already almost 2 weeks old but other things said are important

I’m my opinion Putin is desperate to go nuclear. That’s a big reason for these sham referendums in the Donbas. The Russian constitution won’t allow their use unless sovereign Russia is attacked. He gets around that by claiming the Donbas has elected to be sovereign Russian territory. He also saves his troops lives from having to face the Ukrainian military if he obliterates them. The west will back down because they’ll see Putin as the man prepared to use nuclear weapons and it’ll either be full on confrontation or the west will crap themselves. I’d bet on it being the latter.

Another 2 warplanes shot down an SU-25 and SU-30 today

I’m my opinion Putin is desperate to go nuclear. That’s a big reason for these sham referendums in the Donbas. The Russian constitution won’t allow their use unless sovereign Russia is attacked. He gets around that by claiming the Donbas has elected to be sovereign Russian territory. He also saves his troops lives from having to face the Ukrainian military if he obliterates them. The west will back down because they’ll see Putin as the man prepared to use nuclear weapons and it’ll either be full on confrontation or the west will crap themselves. I’d bet on it being the latter.
I'd bet the opposite but only you could collect so I won't bother. I hope we don't find out but I can't imagine the Russians being allowed to use nuclear weapons without retaliation.

For the regions that are having these sham elections the news showed x3 ballot boxes and surprise surprise the one with the Russian flag had the most slips and the one at the far end was empty (we can guess Ukraine). But what was the box in the middle - seemed to have a modified Russian colours - instead of the white strip at the top it was black?

For the regions that are having these sham elections the news showed x3 ballot boxes and surprise surprise the one with the Russian flag had the most slips and the one at the far end was empty (we can guess Ukraine). But what was the box in the middle - seemed to have a modified Russian colours - instead of the white strip at the top it was black?
Spoiled papers?

Dont suppose it could be sabotage could it?

Few things over last couple of days

Russia have been using the Iranian Kamikazi drones with mixed results as Ukraine are getting better at shooting them down and have downed at least 8 in least 2 days. Some drones did hit infrastructure and perhaps military targets. Ukraine claim to have hit the base where drones are stored and training delivered on their use which might help to deplete stocks. I read on one report that Iran had made around 1000 but an earlier report had stated around 300. The Iranians do not have the satellite equipment to properly utilise them so their range is much diminished and so being fired from Kherson region.

Russia appear to be moving trucks into Belarus but not much detail on this at the moment. A diversion to take Ukranian troops away from the East and South?

Russia have supplied troops in Kherson with iodine, chemical protection suits and drugs against radiation sickness (Russian military correspondents that needs verified)

USA will supply 16 NASAMS Installations to help with air defence

German ambassador stated Ukraine will also receive IRIS-T air defence system which even Germany does not have. One will be delivered in October, one more by end of the year and two more early next year

A report tonight that a train arriving in occupied Tokmak, Zaporozhye region loaded with Russia troops has been hit

Turkey have started refusing to use the MIR payment system

RF shelled another 72 targets on Sep 26th which though bad is less than the usual daily average of 90 per day. Russia have had many ammo dumps hit in the last few weeks and could just be running low or at least not getting so many shells through.

Swedish seismologists believe the NORD stream incidents were due to explosions and not earthquakes

Much of the electrisity is currently down in Kharkiv due to missile attacks

In the Kharkiv region KRAKEN special forces captured 15 Russian officers

on 27th of Sep Ukraine reported attacking 7 areas of concentrated Russian troops and 3 positions of anti-aircraft missile systems. There were also 10 air strikes in defence of the ground troops

RF continue to try and press forward in the East without success

Turkish airlines have cancelled several routes until after the year

Bulgaria asks it's citizens to leave Russia

Zimbabwe supports Russia

USA will not impose a ban on Russians fleeing Russia

A hotline in Russia entitles "I want to live" has been receiving increased calls since mobilization was announced.

Russian troops stole a toilet in Kharkov region and increased the size of their ammunition boxes to loot washing machines

@Davy , how did there appear to be so many Ukrainians in the crowd tonight?
I thought movement in and out would be very resticted?

@Davy , how did there appear to be so many Ukrainians in the crowd tonight?
I thought movement in and out would be very resticted?
eek, I forgot all about the game tonight!! I can't really answer that other than to say I suspect there are lots of Ukranians already in Poland and indeed throughout Europe. A lot probably also got out the country quite early before the limitations came in. There are more places to cross than just official border posts. I read that men who are looking after children/adults with learning disabilities will now be allowed to leave as well...not before time

People with Russian passports voted in Donbass. This is definitely a sham, because it is against the law to vote in Ukraine using passports of another state. I can imagine if Russian citizens voted for Florida to join Russia :) But who's talking about legality now?
The grandfather of war has lost his mind. He won't go nuclear, he won't be allowed to. He doesn't push the button, he gives the order and it comes down the chain of 15 officers. Some of them, I hope, are in their right minds.

You know it's got bad when...

This thread has been viewed 161974 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back