Ukraine.

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Another day, another fire in Russia, this time in the Prosveshchenie publishing house near Moscow. Around 34 thousand square meters were blazing.

Around 122 RF troops were killed in the South yesterday despite not attacking UF. They were hit by mortars and drone bombs

Russia disconnected Kherson region from Ukranian internet

In Mariupol locals think Kiev has fallen due to no outside news

Russia have fallen to 150th place out of 180 countries in the freedom of information league

Davy

Private Member
Reaction score
The governor of Chernihiv has reinstated a ban on alcohol during the war. He said the increase in crime since it was allowed back taken into consideration with excise duties means he will choose the residents over profit.

Davy

Private Member
Reaction score
Patriarch Krill, the head of the Russian Orthodox church said that Russia have never attacked anyone and has only ever defended it's borders. It is amazing a country so big has never attacked anyone he said. May'be he needs to step out of the monastery now and again!

RF launched an assault on the steel works at Avastol. They first bombarded with missiles. The defenders are calling on Ukraine's supreme commander to intervene. There are still hundreds of civilians inside who should be getting evacuated but not being allowed to by RF

Russia have accused Israel of supporting Neo-Nazism

Davy

Private Member
Reaction score
Was wondering how people think of this war now Aftwr all we have wars all over the world and the vast majority mean nothing to us. People dying just become statistics and the more we hear of atrocities and torture or executions the more we just become immune to the news

One war should not necessarily hold more attention than another though some sympathies may be aligned to one conflict or another for various reasons.

This war is played out on the media as bad guys and good guys so it is easy to cheer one side on. The news we hear of atrocities also make it easy to sympathise with Ukraine.
Russia are now saying their troops are also tortured and whilst we have no evidence of this we might be more likely to shut our eyes to it as the Russians are indiscriminately taking civilians out of houses and cars and abusing and killing them.

But while we are happy to part with some money for humanitarian needs or perhaps military assistance, we mostly get on with our lives We probably could not function effectively if we thought too long and personally about the 900 or more civilians being bombed in shelters in a wrecked steel works for two months now. Or if we tried to figure out where the children have been taken to in Russia and how we would feel if they were ours

No it is right we do not dwell for long as we have our own lives to live.

I was impressed by something Zelensky said while addressing the equivalent to our houses of common, and that was that he asked each individual not to indulge in PR at this time. Everyone knows who you are he said... this is a time for unity to fight for our country.

Zelensky himself has been on TV addressing countries almost every day, and yet he has never looked like he was inviting a PR excercise. Rather every time he speaks, he speaks for his country, obtaining the means to push RF out his country. To speed thing up and save as many lives as possible and to give the credit to the military, emergency services and civilian population who are all pulling together

Perhaps if there were more countries who could unite like this in times of peace and have a president who is not intent on self publicity and fortune, but who stand by and fight for their country not necessarily in battle, but on saving jobs, building homes, promoting equality

I hope after this war when Ukraine prevails Zelensky will seek to continue to unite his country and fairly build houses and jobs for all. There were people who had to flee from the occupied territories and had seemed to be forgotten by the government in Kiev. If this war brings any good afterwards it will be that these minorities may not be forgotten. I hope also the people inside Mariupol will be helped to leave and somehow the troops left will prevail. UK are sending drones which can carry heavy armament to the front. It may be too late to send them I to the steelworks but hopefully with all the heavy weaponry being sent to Ukraine, there can be a massive push back of Russian forces and perhaps these trapped soldiers will be saved.

It is easy to stop feeling sorry for Russian boys who have been sent to Ukraine in a war they did not ask for. Easy because we hear of all the atrocities and thefts being committed. Yet many will have had no part of this. But they also are not brave enough or do not have the opportunity to walk away from the battlefield, fearing death in battle or death for retreating. Some of course just follow orders and no amount of atrocities will stop them fighting even if they want no part of that.

This war like many others is brutal and unforgiving. Zelensky appears to have reached a point where he cannot see himself forgiving Russia or their people and who can blame him? His early rhetoric of it is Putin's war, bot the people of Russia has for some time been replaced with a hatred towards everything Russian. And yet he realises there needs to be talks for peace.

This war will drag on a bit longer, maybe too long, we will continue to forget about it for longer periods of the day, while Ukraine will continue to have its villages, towns and cities reduced to rubble whilst Russia complain about a few missile attacks on their mainland.

Putin will not stop trying to control countries around Russia and the West led by countries like USA, UK, Ploand, Slovakia and others do well to make a stand and say no further.

People can blame NATO and will, but do these same people wish for Russia to rule over them?

There may be wrong om both sides, but the levels of brutality in what is supposed to have been a small special operation are staggering. I hope people do not have nightmares about this war, but it is also good to pause for a minute and consider those people in the midst of catastrophic bombing, losing houses, jobs, families and friends

May Ukraine prevail and rebuild a country their people will be proud to live in.

Last edited:

ILHTD

Sober at last radge
Private Member
Reaction score
War anywhere in the world is of course horrendous, but for most people not involved in some way, whether through charity or relief work or having family involved it's not something which consumes our thoughts 24/7.
On here we're all hopefully decent human beings but I'd suggest whilst we're all aware and concerned about the war in Ukraine our thoughts are more focussed on the next manager.
One thing that has jumped out at me is the willingness of folks to open their houses to take in refugees. I have 2 thoughts about this, the first being what a wonderful gesture but the second is would that happen if the refugees were coloured muslims from Rohingya? Perhaps that says more about me I don't know but you asked for our thoughts.

Davy

Private Member
Reaction score
War anywhere in the world is of course horrendous, but for most people not involved in some way, whether through charity or relief work or having family involved it's not something which consumes our thoughts 24/7.
On here we're all hopefully decent human beings but I'd suggest whilst we're all aware and concerned about the war in Ukraine our thoughts are more focussed on the next manager.
One thing that has jumped out at me is the willingness of folks to open their houses to take in refugees. I have 2 thoughts about this, the first being what a wonderful gesture but the second is would that happen if the refugees were coloured muslims from Rohingya? Perhaps that says more about me I don't know but you asked for our thoughts.
Your thoughts are welcome whether people agree or not I have also thought about that question. I put my name down for Ukranians but not for others...though to be honest I did not know the scheme even existed apart from now.

I have mixed views which would probably only upset some people here. I worked in a homeless unit for many years so understand more than a lot of people the issues involved I have met many good people from the middle east and north Africa who were homeless, many I would gladly give a room to, others I would be not so keen to, but that is life whoever the peoole. There are practical issues as well as for some people other social, economic. Gender, religious reasons which different people will have.

If you have chosen to take any refugee in then credit to you.

Davy

Private Member
Reaction score
People exist Davy.
Yip with capacity for evil

Another fire blazes in Russia today A solvent factory tanker...like a large gas tank...is burning in Dzerzhinsk. Also in occupied Donetsk a huge fire in an oil refinery.

On a positive note evacuations are taking place again of civilians from the steel works

Rf are desperately trying to tidy up rubble and debris in Mariupol in anticipation of a victory day parade on the 9th..no doubt they will stream this to Russians and make out the city is intact

China has secretly been buying up Russian oil...meanwhile Italy have also bought far more oil from Russia this month than in a normal month

RF gired missiles on coking plant workers as they were boarding buses at the end of their shift.

Zelensky stated there will be no freezing of the current state in Ukraine as previous agreements with Russia were all a waste of paper and there is no trust left

Davy

Private Member
Reaction score
Another fire today in Russia in Kursk. This might be it Black smoke as mysterious fire rages at Russian facility close to Ukraine border – VIDEO

Around 23 Oriam 10 drones are reported as being shot down today. 11 tanks in two of the war zones were destroyed amongst other vehicles, not report yet from the Southern areas. It appears clear though no matter how many tanks Russia keep bringing out of storage they do not last very long and UF have many more weapons and ammunition on the way

UF have managed to push RF further back from Kharkiv and beyond shelling range, though missiles can still reach.

Some gains for UF in Izium and Kherson districts. 22 BTGs occupy areas surrounding Izyium, containing around 19,000 troops. Ukranian forces have managed to cross the Donets river. Russia blow up bridges as they retreat

On the third day of RF inside the perimeter of the steelworks they were again pushed back. There was around 2000 UF defenders in the plant but it is difficult to assess how many remain but it is still at least in the hundreds. There are about 200 civilians and UN will try again tomorrow to evacuate them..update, the evacuation may be in progress tonight. Russia are trying to kill or capture all remaining defenders before their victory day parades on the 9th which celebrate the defeat of Nazism in 1945...yeh I get the irony!!

Over 6b euros pledged at a dinner for Ukraine

Italy donated 45 fire engines

France took control of a villa of a villa belonging to Mikhail Fridman who was earning 180k euros per month letting it out

Hungary is ready to help restore schools and hospitals and provide mobile homes

Spain detained Anatoly Shariy on an international warrant. He is a pro-Russian, Ukranian blogger who is wanted for treason

It is difficult to guess what Putin's victory speech will contain on the 9th as he has two different versions being told to him of the current situation. He may claim the annexation of Donetsk and Luhansk but that could also cause issues in the future should Ukraine strike back (sorry, when they strike back!) But also the pressure being applied by the west may mean sanctions remain for as long as Russia remain in Ukraine

In Kalingrad (here it is if you don't know) kalingrad - Search

A car plant which should be making BMW's, Kia, Honda and Hyundai, decided to give it's employees 10 acres of land on it's territory for growing vegetables, mostly potatoes to help with upcoming sanction implications

Davy

Private Member
Reaction score
Another day another fire in Russia. This time a hangar at a market in Vladukavkaz...yeh I have no idea where that is either.

In the occupied areas there is a shortage of medicines for things like diabetes and cancer as well as operations being halted. This is likely to be catastrophic for individuals

Civilians in Mariupol are required to clear debris for the 8th of May parade in order to access food.

Counter offences in Kherson, Izyum and Kharkiv began it results are unknown

Another ridiculous propaganda moment from ROS TV is that in Novoselovka, evidence of Ukranian cannibals was found 👽

The Russian Orthodoz church are using the war to tru and stamp their authority by dismissing the Ukranian Orthodox church with the backing of Putin

Stand by for more ridiculous Russian statements on 9th May...Be better actually if in the middle if filming in Mariupol, the Azov and Marines broke out of the steel plant and smashed up the procession 😄

Davy

Private Member
Reaction score
Report of another Russian warship having been hit by Neptune missiles

Davy

Private Member
Reaction score
The latest ship to be hit is reported as the admiral Makarov which is the most recent of 6 ordered Grigorovich class frigates. The Makarov was laid down in 2012 and commissioned in 2017 and will be pricey

Davy

Private Member
Reaction score
Still no official confirmation of attack on the frigate and USA say they have no news. But other sources say the frigate is burning and rescue boats have left from Crimea towards it. Also Russia planes are circling the area. There have been an increase in missile attacks from the Black Sea and suggest of a land assault from the ships so it would be no surprise that Ukraine wanted to dissuade ships from getting close to its coast.

Russia made some advances in the East but have had a day of many losses. Whilst UF have pushed North from Kharkiv and made some progress around Kherson.

Losses reported at

3 aircraft
Over 200 personally
Over 20 tanks
13 artillery systems
35 plus iarmoured vehicles
At least 12 Drones

The list is longer than this

Davy

Private Member
Reaction score
Mexico side with Russia whilst a Braziliam opposition leader claims the fault lies with Zelensku for not lying down like a poodle and giving over territory to Putin. And also blames the West for arming Ukraine and states that Zelenski is just a comedian who wishes to be on TV.

I think I know who the real comedian in and he appears to live in Brazil

Davy

Private Member
Reaction score
Ukraine destroyed another Serna rapid landing boat and the invaders who were hiding in a hanger.

Also shot down was another Forpost drobe which cost over $7m

UF claim RF have lost 1122 tanks already and 199 aircraft and the war is not even three months in yet

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here

This thread has been viewed 65078 times.

Support the Site!

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75