• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Tv series

Yeah that’s it
It makes a difference to any drama when the actors are excellent.
Harris, Emily Watson, Skarsgard ( senior) the late Paul Ritter.
Top of their profession.

I watched The Gentleman over the last couple of days. It's a mini-series based on a film . Basic story, a duke dies and leaves his estate to his son who then discovers that his dad was renting space to a massive weed-growing criminal family. There's more to it than that obviously and it's a decent watch. It's billed as a comedy and it does have some humorous moments in it but I'd say it's more drama than comedy.
Started watching it this week. A couple of episodes in. Pretty good and I'm not generally a huge fan of Guy Ritchie's plastic cockney gangster stuff.

Reactions: Dub
Started watching it this week. A couple of episodes in. Pretty good and I'm not generally a huge fan of Guy Ritchie's plastic cockney gangster stuff.
It jumps around a bit , but it's a decent watch.

Al Bundy. A hero of our times. What channel did you find that on? Because I doubt a mainstream channel would show it these days. Folks heads would explode
Christina Applegate announcing that she had been made "soap girl" for the football team locker room :gigglle:

Not sure if been posted but “Kin” is good. Set in dublin
It's brilliant and if anything, series 2 is better than series 1.

It's brilliant and if anything, series 2 is better than series 1.
They are both grand.

Reactions: Dub
The best theme tune ever
Paint it Black by the Stones iirc? 🤔

On episode 4 of Shogun. So far so good.

On episode 4 of Shogun. So far so good.
It’s excellent .

3 series that have impressed me recently on BBC iPlayer:
- The Little Drummer Girl - from 2014 but very relevant for the current conflict in Gaza. Florence Pugh is fabulous.
- This Town - Birmingham 1981, riots on Lezells Birmingham, riots on Falls Road Belfast, Rude Boys, Skinheads, Zulus - what's not to love.
- Blue Lights - Belfast, Police. Well done.

Just finished Ozarks! Thought it was brilliant!

Watched the 1st 2 episodes of Fallout. So far so good.

Also up to date on Shogun which is absolutely brilliant.

Just finished "victim" very good

Ben watching "kin" on BBC iPlayer quality - last 2 episodes still to watch though so no spoilers!

Ben watching "kin" on BBC iPlayer quality - last 2 episodes still to watch though so no spoilers!
The boat sinks. :a----:

The boat sinks. :a----:

'Kin hell!

Just started to re-watch No Offence. A police comedy drama written by whoever did Shameless. There's 3 series with a good mixture of new and well kent faces and a good mix of comedy and drama. First watched it a few years ago and I'm enjoying it all over again. Not sure it was ever mentioned on here before but well worth checking out.
It's on the channel 4 app.

Watched the 1st 2 episodes of Fallout. So far so good.

Also up to date on Shogun which is absolutely brilliant.

Really enjoyed Fallout, just wanna fire the games back up now! Absolutely faithful to their tone.

'Kin hell!
Jack dies tae, and all because the waiter asked Rose if she wanted ice with her G&T.

Started watching that Baby Reindeer thingy that's on netflix.
Edinburgh is in one episode.

It's a bit bonkers and easy to start reading while it's on.

I'm about halfway through 3 Body Problem. I haven't watched much sci-fi in ages but it's pretty good.

I'm about halfway through 3 Body Problem. I haven't watched much sci-fi in ages but it's pretty good.
Will see if I can find that, cheers furra heads-up.

3 series that have impressed me recently on BBC iPlayer:
- The Little Drummer Girl - from 2014 but very relevant for the current conflict in Gaza. Florence Pugh is fabulous.
- This Town - Birmingham 1981, riots on Lezells Birmingham, riots on Falls Road Belfast, Rude Boys, Skinheads, Zulus - what's not to love.
- Blue Lights - Belfast, Police. Well done.
Watched the first 3 episodes of This Town. I think it's fantastic.

It's a Netflix thing.

Here gadgie. Never mind new telly shows. You have this to plough through....

Water out a cool canister (no really), chewing gum and wading through a tightly printed 14 page pdf wi the conditions of my annuity on a severance payment fae years ago which I insisted I would do without financial guidance so own fault and cannae blame any cvnt for the eye-bleeding somnolence it engenders...

Here gadgie. Never mind new telly shows. You have this to plough through....

Water out a cool canister (no really), chewing gum and wading through a tightly printed 14 page pdf wi the conditions of my annuity on a severance payment fae years ago which I insisted I would do without financial guidance so own fault and cannae blame any cvnt for the eye-bleeding somnolence it engenders...
was on ma chewie break!

Watched a mini series called, "This is going to hurt". About junior doctors in the NHS. Was funny and very moving in kinda equal measure.

Fallout is a decent sci-fi effort.

Fallout is a decent sci-fi effort.
Binge watched the series. Aye it's a decent show

Watched a mini series called, "This is going to hurt". About junior doctors in the NHS. Was funny and very moving in kinda equal measure.

Thought it might have been the story of Hibs ST renewals tbh...

It's a wee bit slow and looks set for another 2-3 seasons.

I'd say watchable without being brilliant.

Started Shogun, blitzed 3 episodes last night, really good TV.

I read the book Shogun yonks ago but Cannae mind exactly how the story panned out in the book.

But enjoying the way the characters are developing in the telly series.

I'll be very interested to see how it pans out. I've read the first 2 books and can see how they have been considered "unfilmable". A lot of pretty cerebral stuff in them!

I read the book Shogun yonks ago but Cannae mind exactly how the story panned out in the book.

Read the book yonks ago too..... and vaguely remember Dr Kildare was the main man in a previous tv adaptation.

I mind the Richard Chamberlain yin from the last century. The English Proddy is awfy posh.

I watched the original series and read the book years ago. I was really taken with the rich culture the Japanese had. It made me wonder what went wrong with their Karaoke, Cosplay, etc.

I'll be very interested to see how it pans out. I've read the first 2 books and can see how they have been considered "unfilmable". A lot of pretty cerebral stuff in them!
I found this quite interesting.

Response in China​

3 Body Problem received a mixed response in China. While Netflix is unavailable there, viewers can use VPNs to circumvent geo-restrictions, or view pirated versions.[26] According to The Guardian, the 3 Body Problem hashtag had been read 2.3 billion times and discussed 1.424 million times on the Chinese social media platform Weibo.[27] Viewers criticised the racebending and gender swapping of several protagonists, cultural appropriation, as well as the "dumbing-down" of concepts to appeal to non-Chinese audiences, and compared it unfavorably to the 2023 Chinese television adaptation, which received much critical acclaim there. Other Weibo users praised the Netflix series' depiction of the Cultural Revolution, fidelity to source material, and wider appeal to a global audience.[26][27] The Chinese film review website Mtszimu praised the Netflix adaptation as "not only a new interpretation of Liu Cixin's original work but also an important contribution to global science-fiction literature".[27] China Military Online, a state media outlet controlled by the People's Liberation Army, criticized the series because it kept Chinese antagonists while doing away with the book's portrayal of modern-day China.[28]

In response to social media criticism about racebending, cast member Benedict Wong said that Liu had given the showrunners his blessing to move the story towards a global one. Wong also cited the presence of several Asian cast members including himself, Jess Hong, Rosalind Chao and Zine Tseng. Hong and Chao also said that the Netflix adaptation preserved the novel's depiction of the Cultural Revolution and its legacy. Hong said that the adaptation sought to "globalize a story that was very heavily Eastern-focused into a Western perspective, a global perspective. Because, we're all from different countries, for the actors, you get to pull in all of these brilliant storylines into one emotional core, which is quite brilliant."[29]

Aja Romano of Vox suggested the media depiction of nationalistic outrage against the Netflix show happening in Chinese social media was exaggerated. And he found the Chinese audience "praising the show and criticizing it in equal parts", and shared many critical commentaries similar to the ones from the Western audience, underscoring that criticism of the show is universal.[30]

Saw first ep last night. Promising but nice to see other (Asian) film techniques and customs in sf.

Spoiled it a wee bit for myself by clicking on ep 30 first by mistake and wondering what the hell I had been plunged into 🤯😱👽

Half way through Baby Reindeer on Netflix and WTF 😯 Parts are shot in Edinburgh and it's also a true story. Mental! Can't wait to finish it tonight.

This thread has been viewed 163487 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50