Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Jun 28, 2002
I remember one guys nether regions were that bushy that he could have done with a bobby comb, erm Bobby Combe

Tell ya that!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Can’t say I noticed that.

Maybe it’s just a mental image type o thingy that I blanked it out.

Decent programme though.
I am a fan eh.

Feb 11, 2010
I remember one guys nether regions were that bushy that he could have done with a bobby comb, erm Bobby Combe

Tell ya that!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I have to say that if I had been 'taking notice' of the naked bodies (and I was only dimly aware of them in the background, m'lud) the bodies I would be taking notice of wouldn't be the guys' bodies.

Having given serious thought to how far I would go in terms of how many strars I'd give it, I'd say about 6 out of 10, maybe 6.5 if I'm in a good mood.

However, on another and more positive topic, has anyone here ever watched 'The Night Manager'? Adaptation of a Le Carre novel starring Hugh Laurie, Tom Hiddleston, and Elizabeth Dedicki. I'm half-way through - no spoilers or I'll swing for the guy responsible, I swear. Freakin brilliant but the suspense is killing. Hugh Laurie's performance is outstanding.

Really awesome - 8.5-9.0 out of 10 easily. NOT going to end well, but then Le Carre seldom does ....

Beagle

Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Jan 8, 2006
Fauldhouse
I have to say that if I had been 'taking notice' of the naked bodies (and I was only dimly aware of them in the background, m'lud) the bodies I would be taking notice of wouldn't be the guys' bodies.

Having given serious thought to how far I would go in terms of how many strars I'd give it, I'd say about 6 out of 10, maybe 6.5 if I'm in a good mood.

However, on another and more positive topic, has anyone here ever watched 'The Night Manager'? Adaptation of a Le Carre novel starring Hugh Laurie, Tom Hiddleston, and Elizabeth Dedicki. I'm half-way through - no spoilers or I'll swing for the guy responsible, I swear. Freakin brilliant but the suspense is killing. Hugh Laurie's performance is outstanding.

Really awesome - 8.5-9.0 out of 10 easily. NOT going to end well, but then Le Carre seldom does ....
The Night Manager was great. If you're halfway through you'll have seen the bit where they're having a conversation in a restaurant with the Matterhorn in the background through the window. The scene was shot in the Chalethotel Schöenegg, Zermatt where I stayed on holiday in summer 2016. I sat at that very table.

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Oct 26, 2004
Right here, right now
The Night Manager was excellent. Thoroughly compelling and Hugh Lawrie was magnificent.

A different genre but Richard Ayoade is back with his Travel Man series tonight. Really easy watch and great for city break ideas. They're all on Sky on demand if you're interested. I made the most of Valencia thanks to that episode.

HenryLB

Donator
Private Member
Registered
Dec 19, 2002
London
Enjoying a comedy called Plebs - first three series on Netflix and a fourth just started on ITV. Sort of modern flatshare sitcom but set in ancient Rome.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Jun 28, 2002
on episode 3 of Vikings seems good so far
Watched the first series and now onto series 2. It's quite watchable if you like the Game of Thrones type of prog.
Probably more violence than nudity though, which is a shame.

:surp@

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Nov 2, 2006
Gloucester
For horror fans: just noticed series 2 of Wolf Creek is on Fox HD. Loved both the movies - Mick Taylor is a great bad guy, horrific yet funny! First series was a lot slower-paced than the films but was nonetheless enjoyable.

Bofahibee

Flag Owner
Registered
Lewis Flag Donator
Gray Boot Sponsor
Nov 15, 2012
South
Just finished season four of Bosch. I still can’t decide if I think it’s any good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Dec 26, 2007
Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Just finished The Take with Tom Hardy. It was pretty decent, bit dark for my taste.
The rape scene in that is performed with his wife. Heavy stuff.
Think she's his brothers wife in the program?

Martina Cole has a few programs out tho. All on sky one a while back. Quite good.

SuperTortolano

Private Member
Registered
Jul 21, 2008
Murica
The rape scene in that is performed with his wife. Heavy stuff.
Think she's his brothers wife in the program?

Martina Cole has a few programs out tho. All on sky one a while back. Quite good.
The rape scene was pretty rough to watch. I found the whole thing with the wee boy and little Freddie hard to stomach, especially when he walked him to the railway station. Some great acting in it, just pretty dark.

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Nov 15, 2005
Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
Deep State is coming along nicely.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Dec 30, 2005
Gilmerting
I don't know if it's still around, but there was a police series on HBO some years ago called "Homicide: Life on the Street" which was really good. It was a fore-runner of "The Wire" - based on the same book but a different cast and point of view.

And I just finished the first two series of "Bosch" based on the Connelly books. Surprised how much I enjoyed it.
Bosch gets better. I nearly jacked it in but glad I stuck with it.

Justified is something of a hidden gem. Timothy Olyphant from Deadwood and Walton Goggins from The Shield. Based on a story by Elmore Leonard. It's got some of the sharpest and funniest dialogue of any TV series. "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. You run into assholes all day, you're the asshole. "
Just finished season four of Bosch. I still can’t decide if I think it’s any good.

Bosch is decent, stick with it Bofa Justified is also decent.