• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Tracey Smith Stands Down As Supporter Director

Hibernian FC

RSS Feed
Reaction score
Hibernian FC is today saddened to announce the resignation of Supporter Director Tracey Smith.

Tracey has tendered her resignation because of her concerns at the level of abusive behaviour shown by a number of supporters towards the club, staff, players and management in recent months and also due to the abuse she has suffered personally.

Continue reading...

TRACEY SMITH STANDS DOWN AS SUPPORTER DIRECTOR

Continue reading...
Pretty disgusting TBH, the people responsible for this sort of thing really need tae have a look at themselves

That's a shame.

And the reasons behind it are a disgrace.

she’s not been visible for a while, maybe it’s been taking its toll.

I am disappointed, to say the least, that Tracey has felt she had to stand down from her position of Fans' Rep. I found her helpful in carrying out her duties for the club, duties which by their very nature, meant she wasn't going to be able to divulge everything she heard regarding the club. She states fan abuse as being a major contributor to her standing down from something she obviously enjoyed - abuse from Hibs fans, that is. Just shows ye, eh?

I’m gutted at this. Tracey is a fantastic representative and has put a lot in over the last 2 years for fans. A massive support to me coming in the door and would do anything for anybody.
We all collectively want the best for Hibs, we all do it in different ways and have opinions on the right approach - that we is collective (the supporters, the club, the players, the employees - right through to Ticket Office and club store staff). Every one of us deserves respect.

It is sad as no doubt she was trying her best. Personal abuse is out of order and in no way be condoned. It shows the strength of feeling that a small amount of people could not control their emotions.

The internet is a sewer at times. Some people should put their phones in the bin.

It's absolutely inexcusable to treat people like that. I feel the club have to take some of the blame too. The fans reps are hung out to dry. They have to do the job with one hand tied behind there back and when fans what the REAL answers, they can't give them due to being restricted. The whole role is a sham tbh.

Really sorry to hear this, some of the posts on the club's social media have been disgusting and the relentlessness of the negativity would grind anyone down. Thanks for all your efforts Tracey.

You've got to wonder about the chemical balance in folk who actively seek out a fellow supporter and abuse them for attempting in some small way to help the club you apparently support. To make it worse i'll make the assumption it's men making threatening remarks to a woman. Cowardly scumbags. It's a game you fucking morons, nothing more than an enjoyable break from the mundane boring shite of work.

Hope you're alright @traceyhibs

She didnae get abuse on the Bounce, mibbes Twitter or Taliban?

Pressed send too quick, was gonni say wherever it was there’s nae need, fuckin morons.

I'm half angry and half disgusted.
Tracy helped me out in the past, and on the few occasions I've spoken with her she has been nothing but pleasant.
Disgraceful that a fellow supporter has actually had to seek police/legal advice because of arseholes giving relentless abuse.

I'm sickened, but seeing some of the negative shite written by so called supporters, I'm not really surprised.

Thanks for your help @Tracey and I hope the moronic abuse stops right now.

I apologise sincerely. I was annoyed at reading the info about Tracey's resignation and did not see @Sir Shrinks's post elsewhere.

Disgraceful way to treat someone doing their best to help

Really sad to hear this. Chatted with Tracey a few times and she seemed a really pleasant lass who clearly enjoyed helping the club she loved. As has been said you really have to question the mentality of any Hibs fan who would abuse someone who is just trying to do their best and communicate with the fans. Can't understand how so many people don't realise that many board discussions are confidential for a reason. It;s the society we unfortunately live in where people have to hear what they want and get what they want immediately.

Thanks for all your work for the club Tracey..sorry you have felt the need to take this action.

Twitter is veritable cess pit on the internet.

It gets better when you block the follow follow mentalists.

As mentioned elsewhere, this is a really sad situation but I hope there will be positives (eventually - canny see it the now) that come from it.

Tracey does a lot and has face to face engagement and relationship building that I can only dream of. A massive support to me the last 6 months.

I wouldn’t underestimate the opportunity to verbalise supporter feelings/feedback in the boardroom - if only we had opportunities in the past at times. Turnstiles resolutions, supporter feedback on the team and communication are recent examples and more improvements on attending Easter Road is coming our way. There is definitely value when working together despite some flaws/problems highlighted.

Stick in T.

It's absolutely inexcusable to treat people like that. I feel the club have to take some of the blame too. The fans reps are hung out to dry. They have to do the job with one hand tied behind there back and when fans what the REAL answers, they can't give them due to being restricted. The whole role is a sham tbh.

Let's be absolutely clear here. The club is not to blame in any way for the online bullying and intimidation of women by unhinged inadequates - they manage that all by themselves.

I regularly sit near/ beside her at away games in the away season ticket section. I think of her as a pal now. I wish I had been there when she was given abuse.

Absolute grade A , cowards hiding behind the key board and not only that they attack a female.Really sad.

I regularly sit near/ beside her at away games in the away season ticket section. I think of her as a pal now. I wish I had been there when she was given abuse.

I doubt that it was one incident M. I know that she had been getting a hard time online by one of our more prominent village idiots but thought that it had stopped.

I doubt that it was one incident M. I know that she had been getting a hard time online by one of our more prominent village idiots but thought that it had stopped.

Perhaps said idiot will be getting a wee knock from the polis shortly.

Sorry to hear that someone trying their best for the fans is getting abuse. I'm not a big fan of social media but acknowledge some of its positives. When things get tough as it has been the last wee while we should all rally round each other and persevere, even if it takes over a hundred year. Enjoy the peace young lady and thanks for your hard work.

Let's be absolutely clear here. The club is not to blame in any way for the online bullying and intimidation of women by unhinged inadequates - they manage that all by themselves.

I’m not saying the club are to blame, I’m saying they don’t make the position an easy one for those that do it. Let’s not make this gender related either. Frank took his fair share of abuse too.

A hard job and one that she and Power have been doing greatly under hard times, they do it for the love of the club and trying to make communication between the club and supporters better, I hope whoever forced Tracey to resign is given a slap and banned from ER, obviously someone who lives a real sad life, all the best to Tracey.

The same reason was given for the ending of the loyalty points scheme, that is Hibs fans giving the ticket office and other staff abuse.

Despite the low numbers apparently there were still arseholes at Hampden, not the first time, and the build up.

I'm sure most of us would be happy to see the back of them but what can we do?I

BIg/wee Ron wants to improve the match day experience. Maybe finding a way of excluding those that fuck it up for everyone else, staff and supporters, would be a challenge beyond

Twitter is veritable cess pit on the internet.

It gets better when you block the follow follow mentalists.

Aye twitter is absolutely horrendous for Hibs chat, some total nuggets out there

Has Kieran been getting similar treatment or do they just pick on women?

I’m not saying the club are to blame, I’m saying they don’t make the position an easy one for those that do it. Let’s not make this gender related either. Frank took his fair share of abuse too.

I disagree totally. It is much easier for the inadequates to bully and intimidate Tracey rather than Frank/Kieran as it takes less bravery to target a woman.

Last edited:
Has Kieran been getting similar treatment or do they just pick on women?

Other than tone or selective language I’ve had nowhere near the direct and specific abuse Tracey has received in the last 2 years.

There’s a line on where not to cross - I think we all ken it - constructive criticism and airing frustrations falls on the right side of line though and fine in my books (ultimately they will shape progression).

Other than tone or selective language I’ve had nowhere near the direct and specific abuse Tracey has received in the last 2 years.

There’s a line on where not to cross - I think we all ken it - constructive criticism and airing frustrations falls on the right side of line though and fine in my books (ultimately they will shape progression).

By direct and specific, do you mean actually to her face ? and from the same people? Obviously if its thru social media, its easy to see who it was.... (why no' name and shame them?).... and I'd presume if it was to her face, has it happened in front of you?

Its ridiculous way for grown men to act. They should be fucking ashamed! *shakes heid*

Would it be a good idea if a message was sent from the Bounce?

How does that get done

Would it be a good idea if a message was sent from the Bounce?

How does that get done
She's a member here, she will see how we are all sickened by the shit she's taken.

She's a member here, she will see how we are all sickened by the shit she's taken.

Was not aware, but good to know.

It seems like a thankless task, feel bad for the lassie. These folk need to understand that you can't just go spraffing everything that's said in a board meeting, you'd end up in the courts of you did. Shite like this will put off other fans from getting involved too ?

Does this mean an election then? Was actually a couple of decent candidates the last time

Does this mean an election then? Was actually a couple of decent candidates the last time
I would be surprised if there wasn't the option to co-opt a replacement fans rep. It would make sense to approach the runner up rather than the rigmarole of another election at this time (when we're all quite busy with other stuff and elections!!)

I disagree totally. It is much easier for the inadequates to bully and intimidate Tracey rather than Frank/Kieran as it takes less bravery to target a woman.
I always thought Frank got mair than Tracy but I could be wrong and Kieran has been spot on since he was elected, Tracy done her best and franks biggest problem was lack of communication but they were all working g wi' one hand tied behind their backs. While it's fair to criticise, I know I have, personal abuse should never be acceptable. It's a thankless position

This thread has been viewed 3903 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back