Tracey Smith Stands Down As Supporter Director

Hibernian FC

RSS Feed
Part of Bounce
Hibernian FC is today saddened to announce the resignation of Supporter Director Tracey Smith.

Tracey has tendered her resignation because of her concerns at the level of abusive behaviour shown by a number of supporters towards the club, staff, players and management in recent months and also due to the abuse she has suffered personally.

Continue reading...

Jack

Gray Boot Sponsor
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
That's a shame.

And the reasons behind it are a disgrace.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
she’s not been visible for a while, maybe it’s been taking its toll.

WJC1848

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
I am disappointed, to say the least, that Tracey has felt she had to stand down from her position of Fans' Rep. I found her helpful in carrying out her duties for the club, duties which by their very nature, meant she wasn't going to be able to divulge everything she heard regarding the club. She states fan abuse as being a major contributor to her standing down from something she obviously enjoyed - abuse from Hibs fans, that is. Just shows ye, eh?

Power

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
I’m gutted at this. Tracey is a fantastic representative and has put a lot in over the last 2 years for fans. A massive support to me coming in the door and would do anything for anybody.
We all collectively want the best for Hibs, we all do it in different ways and have opinions on the right approach - that we is collective (the supporters, the club, the players, the employees - right through to Ticket Office and club store staff). Every one of us deserves respect.

mod

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
It is sad as no doubt she was trying her best. Personal abuse is out of order and in no way be condoned. It shows the strength of feeling that a small amount of people could not control their emotions.

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
It's absolutely inexcusable to treat people like that. I feel the club have to take some of the blame too. The fans reps are hung out to dry. They have to do the job with one hand tied behind there back and when fans what the REAL answers, they can't give them due to being restricted. The whole role is a sham tbh.

Rocky

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Really sorry to hear this, some of the posts on the club's social media have been disgusting and the relentlessness of the negativity would grind anyone down. Thanks for all your efforts Tracey.

southfieldhibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
You've got to wonder about the chemical balance in folk who actively seek out a fellow supporter and abuse them for attempting in some small way to help the club you apparently support. To make it worse i'll make the assumption it's men making threatening remarks to a woman. Cowardly scumbags. It's a game you fucking morons, nothing more than an enjoyable break from the mundane boring shite of work.

Hope you're alright @traceyhibs

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
She didnae get abuse on the Bounce, mibbes Twitter or Taliban?

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
I'm half angry and half disgusted.
Tracy helped me out in the past, and on the few occasions I've spoken with her she has been nothing but pleasant.
Disgraceful that a fellow supporter has actually had to seek police/legal advice because of arseholes giving relentless abuse.

I'm sickened, but seeing some of the negative shite written by so called supporters, I'm not really surprised.

Thanks for your help @Tracey and I hope the moronic abuse stops right now.

WJC1848

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
I apologise sincerely. I was annoyed at reading the info about Tracey's resignation and did not see @Sir Shrinks's post elsewhere.

Cabbageman

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Disgraceful way to treat someone doing their best to help

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Really sad to hear this. Chatted with Tracey a few times and she seemed a really pleasant lass who clearly enjoyed helping the club she loved. As has been said you really have to question the mentality of any Hibs fan who would abuse someone who is just trying to do their best and communicate with the fans. Can't understand how so many people don't realise that many board discussions are confidential for a reason. It;s the society we unfortunately live in where people have to hear what they want and get what they want immediately.

Thanks for all your work for the club Tracey..sorry you have felt the need to take this action.

Power

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
As mentioned elsewhere, this is a really sad situation but I hope there will be positives (eventually - canny see it the now) that come from it.

Tracey does a lot and has face to face engagement and relationship building that I can only dream of. A massive support to me the last 6 months.

I wouldn’t underestimate the opportunity to verbalise supporter feelings/feedback in the boardroom - if only we had opportunities in the past at times. Turnstiles resolutions, supporter feedback on the team and communication are recent examples and more improvements on attending Easter Road is coming our way. There is definitely value when working together despite some flaws/problems highlighted.

Stick in T.

Bossie

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
It's absolutely inexcusable to treat people like that. I feel the club have to take some of the blame too. The fans reps are hung out to dry. They have to do the job with one hand tied behind there back and when fans what the REAL answers, they can't give them due to being restricted. The whole role is a sham tbh.
Let's be absolutely clear here. The club is not to blame in any way for the online bullying and intimidation of women by unhinged inadequates - they manage that all by themselves.

Hibs v Motherwell