• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Time to close the bounce down?

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Sorry to wake you all up, but lets be honest, its dead here. This costs us money, often our own or kind hearted sponsors? Why bother, most of you offer nothing at all nowadays. Is it time to give up and every one can post on the other Hibs website when they can bve arsed or are annoyed about something? Just asking like?

Last edited:
we can't let the Bounce die please. If by the other site, you mean Hibs.net it hasn't anywhere near the interest as it has on here for me. To be honest it hasn't been the same since we stopped the Just Backs. Or...… is it because society is becoming more and more transparent..... discuss

Hi Mark,

Here’s my two cents:

I have been on the Bounce 2004, when I was 14 at the time. Through the Bounce, I’ve met some friends for life and have had countless days/nights out and trips that wouldn’t have happened without this forum.

Personally, I’ve never clicked with the new upgrade. Much preferred the old style. This is a personal choice.

I also think the Bounce has lost some of the “originals” that I used to love seeing post. Not sure what’s happened there, or if they’ve just outgrown the site.

Social media in general is changing, with apps like WhatsApp making it quicker and easier to communicate to large groups of people. This will no doubt be impacting activity as folk take the conversation elsewhere.

I am not a frequent poster; however I view the Bounce on my mobile at least 6-7 times a day. When I wake up, throughout work and also at night when home. Mainly focussed on GHC and occasionally The Cowshed.

I would hate to see the Bounce go for the reasons above. I appreciate it costs money and a very small group of people need thanked and praised for keeping this going for so long - I know there’s a lot of unseen work that some wont appreciate!

Your post has given me a kick up the arse and a reminder that we all play a part, infact no, have a duty to make this an interesting source of Hibs related content for all to read. I’ll be posting more as a result.

Long live the Bounce...

PS - bring back Just Back!

Agree Ross, i still click on and read it all the time, I clearly dont post as much as i used to, probably, in fact definitely due to the likes of whstsapp and Twitter on my part. But id hate to see it go, met so many great people on here, christ my career now is down to friends from here, very good friends for life now.
Had some great days, nights and trips abroad with them, even a 3 week holiday to florida with 18 of us, all having met through the bounce....times are changing but lets hope the bounce keeps going.

I have no interest in Twitter or any other social media pish that there is out there. However I have always enjoyed posting on the Bounce and even more so reading other Hibs fans thoughts on everything to do with the club and of course the debates and discussions on the Cowshed which has been an education for me over the years. It's noticeable that several stalwarts of the Bounce have either stopped posting at all or very rarely. This is a big shame and to be honest I cannot understand for the life of me why they would choose to discuss Hibs matters on other sites or other areas but I suppose they have their own reasons. I for one will continue to post regularly on the Bounce and express my opinions on various subjects. I would hate to see this great Hibs fans website disappear.

I would say no M.

We do need more users posting including myself.

So with that what would folk like to see.

I take on board Ross"s comments bout the old layout but that had problems that answers could just not be answered. This new software hasnt to my knowledge had any those stooping security token errors.

Its a better mobile style imo and layout imo looks better. Just case of folk getting used to it.

When the bounce upgraded to vbulletin folk were the same.

There are a lot of features and we are trying to get it more social based. With the likes and trending.

GGTTB

Definitely not the traffic that used to be on here , i like to think i've contributed financially pretty well (fiver a month for fuck knows how long) More people posting won't help pay server costs etc but folk paying a few quid a month will . If the likes of @HATTIE can pull himself away from arguing with every bastard on Twitter for five minutes we might get back to where we once were poster wise .
I've made some great friends on here and would be happy to make a few more , come on guys and contribute a wee bit . We all know how much we actually care about each other when push comes to shove

Sorry to wake you all up, but lets be honest, its dead here. This costs us money, often our own or kind hearted sponsors? Why bother, most of you offer nothing at all nowadays. Is it time to give up and every one can post on the other Hibs website when they can bve arsed or are annoyed about something/ Just asking like?

Post on hibs.net? Fuck that.

Very much hope the site will survive don’t mind if it’s quiet now and again, egb a big miss admittedly.

Is there a way to lock the "guests" from seeing content.

Definitely not the traffic that used to be on here , i like to think i've contributed financially pretty well (fiver a month for fuck knows how long) More people posting won't help pay server costs etc but folk paying a few quid a month will . If the likes of @HATTIE can pull himself away from arguing with every bastard on Twitter for five minutes we might get back to where we once were poster wise .
I've made some great friends on here and would be happy to make a few more , come on guys and contribute a wee bit . We all know how much we actually care about each other when push comes to shove
:grrr:
:lauff:
A bit to and froing with huns etc us rather humourus at times, just canny help myself :grinning-smiley-045:

Is there a way to lock the "guests" from seeing content.
Yes, would that help do ya reckon?

Yes, would that help do ya reckon?

I think it might help. It would give them an identity and the option to post. As a guest they might feel like chiming in, but then not be arsed with signing up. Also might bring a few fans from other clubs in. I'm sure there were probably a lot of Villa fans checking us out when McGinn was sold.

I've explained why I contribute much less, but...

The reality is that forums, in general, are losing much of their impact as time moves on. As more and more move themselves to the social media that a great many of us dislike, they're not saying they hate forums; they're simply (and possibly sadly) accepting that social media is now where the majority of people are ending up. Twitter, as an example, is a media construct that groups people of general views and that creates a community that is largely agreeable. Whether or not this is deliberate, my own stance is that it's causing a much less widely understandable community because people get and develop their views from people that are only capable of interpreting things in one way.

There are exceptions, of course there are, but look at follow and followed groups.

Alas, that's where youngsters are landing. It's where they're developing their online abilities to share their commentary because it's faster, spreads more, and is more widely supported. Even more, it's where their phones and tablets find things the easiest which means they're connected when they're on the bus or in the car.

I still adore this community, because I have a great deal of time for the people... Some in particular.

It's just forums in general that I don't think have that much longer.

I think it might help. It would give them an identity and the option to post. As a guest they might feel like chiming in, but then not be arsed with signing up. Also might bring a few fans from other clubs in. I'm sure there were probably a lot of Villa fans checking us out when McGinn was sold.

No a bad idea tbh.

Lets try it with GHC and GFC and Cowshed.

EDIT : Done, can view the node and the thread list but not the content. Must login to view.

Lets try that.

Last edited:

The reality is that forums, in general, are losing much of their impact as time moves on. As more and more move themselves to the social media that a great many of us dislike, they're not saying they hate forums; they're simply (and possibly sadly) accepting that social media is now where the majority of people are ending up. Twitter, as an example, is a media construct that groups people of general views and that creates a community that is largely agreeable. Whether or not this is deliberate, my own stance is that it's causing a much less widely understandable community because people get and develop their views from people that are only capable of interpreting things in one way.

There are exceptions, of course there are, but look at follow and followed groups.

Alas, that's where youngsters are landing. It's where they're developing their online abilities to share their commentary because it's faster, spreads more, and is more widely supported. Even more, it's where their phones and tablets find things the easiest which means they're connected when they're on the bus or in the car.

I still adore this community, because I have a great deal of time for the people... Some in particular.

Not sure if you're saying its the "instant" thing of FB & Twitter but if you are then I agree

Tend to agree a touch althou the prob with twitter/fb and the like it tends not to be long thread based.

Like a one hit and run off into the distance kinda thing.

my life would be sadder without the Bounce,i contribute financially and post,admittedly less than i previously did but still try.
M,going by your post in another thread are you the only admin left?

My thoughts on things.

I think twitter and the likes have destroyed messageboards, people seem to want that instant reaction thing.

I've been involved with Hibernian-Mad now since 2002.

When myself and Brian took over it was dead, we managed to get the place thriving. albeit we had to let posters of other clubs get involved, i can't remember the numbers, but it went insane. we were turning anything from 5-20 pages a day, and 1,000's of posts.

Twitter arrived and it started to tail off, now?? it's dead.

I solely run it now, try my best to get the board more active but there's only so much you can do.

As someone has already stated maybe letting posters of other club's/floaters post as guests will help.

Also maybe getting yer numerous flags out more often would help? a constant presence to remind folk you exist??

I remember always seeing at least one at the games?? the famous five yin? harp yin??? now not as much.

Ive not been around, il try my best to be more active from now on.

Last edited:
It would be a shame but I can understand the sentiment from the folks running the place, it must be tough.

I've considered switching over, or at least having an account on both sites for a wee while... Never have though. It'd be like cheating.

I think the problem is just low numbers really. Hibs related threads usually have a good amount of interaction and discussion because we are all interested, but the Cowshed is dead now, nothing esoteric, quirky or controversial flies anymore because there aren't enough enough opinions.

Do you put any dosh into the Facebook account btw? Boosting your Facebook posts with a 1 mile radius of Easter Road on a match day would be cheap as chips (a couple of quid would cover it) and you'll get every Hibs fan checking their phone that afternoon seeing your content.

Do you put any dosh into the Facebook account btw? Boosting your Facebook posts with a 1 mile radius of Easter Road on a match day would be cheap as chips (a couple of quid would cover it) and you'll get every Hibs fan checking their phone that afternoon seeing your content.

No but we will look into that. No a bad idea mate.

Thank you

No but we will look into that. No a bad idea mate.

Thank you
Nae worries. If you want any help PM me. I do this sort of stuff at work all the time.

I still struggle to get my head round the move from desktops and laptops to phones and the resulting impact on message boards. I hate typing long posts and the mistakes I make on my phone.

Still love the bounce though after all these years, and whilst I’m fairly active on Twitter and not so active on Facebook you still get the best hibs chat and discussion on the bounce

Rightly or wrongly I love the Bounce.
And nearly all the Bouncers.
Apart from you ya *&*^. You know who you are.
Yes. You.

I’ve made very few friends on here, and both of them are fannies to be honest. However it’s a magnet for Hibs mad folk, mad folk, and world wide good guys.
I’m sorry to say I think it is withering but I hope it outlasts me.
After that I don’t give a fcuk and you can all twatter yourselves into wee sticky piles of er..... Twatterstuff.

I’m old school and although this is from my iPhone I still use a PC much of the time so I’ve gone from being ahead of the game with my home pc in the ‘90’s to er..... still having a PC in present times.

The first i knew about Lennny's interview this afternoon was when i looked at the Net and saw 3 full pages of comment and debate. I then checked on here to see what folk were saying and there was not a single thread about it. Not one, it was like the interview had never happened. A few weeks ago i started a thread about an article in The Scotsman about David Duff and David Rowland. I never got a single reply..I started the same thread on the net and got over 50 replies. That's just two examples of how folk just dont seem to bother posting here now.

The first i knew about Lennny's interview this afternoon was when i looked at the Net and saw 3 full pages of comment and debate. I then checked on here to see what folk were saying and there was not a single thread about it. Not one, it was like the interview had never happened. A few weeks ago i started a thread about an article in The Scotsman about David Duff and David Rowland. I never got a single reply..I started the same thread on the net and got over 50 replies. That's just two examples of how folk just dont seem to bother posting here now.
You do, however if you change your mind. Ta ta.

BIG G

I'd hate to lose the bounce.
I barely use facebook, it's for browsing and using messenger for me.
Don't use twitter, instagram etc.
Got outed and chased away as a Gunt on .net years ago not long after I stole my mums account on here, so I haven't even so much as looked at that site since.

I go through spells of either being overly involved here or barely active. Just my up and down ways.
Not very good at starting conversation. Great at finding people I disagree with though :giggle

Some good posts above in here.
I hope we survive, I'll try get back involved more.

BIG G

It's snidey posts like this that turn folks away. There's been a number of times I've thought about chucking this place due to snidey remarks and the likes. Let's not kid ourselves, many a bouncer has left due to it.

Rightly or wrongly I love the Bounce.
And nearly all the Bouncers.
Apart from you ya ****. You know who you are.
Yes. You.

I’ve made very few friends on here, and both of them are fannies to be honest. However it’s a magnet for Hibs mad folk, mad folk, and world wide good guys.
I’m sorry to say I think it is withering but I hope it outlasts me.
After that I don’t give a fcuk and you can all twatter yourselves into wee sticky piles of er..... Twatterstuff.

I’m old school and although this is from my iPhone I still use a PC much of the time so I’ve gone from being ahead of the game with my home pc in the ‘90’s to er..... still having a PC in present times.
I'm fairly sure I am quite a bit younger than you Sir Shrink....and I still use a PC at home for all my posting and stuff !

BIG G
And you wonder why this forum is dying when that is the attitude of the admin.

Tend to agree a touch althou the prob with twitter/fb and the like it tends not to be long thread based.

Like a one hit and run off into the distance kinda thing.
Aye, that's pretty much true. The reality is that 'conversations' are notoriously difficult to have via social media - they weren't designed for that.

:lauff:

I never get a serious convo on here:rascal:, but I cannae get any kind of convo at all on Taliban so here I’ll stay.

No. I’d be gutted. For folk like me who are the other end of these islands most of the time, this place keeps me firmly anchored to the club I love - especially on the weekends when I can’t get up or down for a match (which this season there have been a fair few).

Never been on .net

Just out of interest, how many regular posters and readers are there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you wonder why this forum is dying when that is the attitude of the admin.

We will never die as long as the funds are there, if we die it will be lack of funds, so its pretty much down tae the generous users that the bounce is alive and kicking.

Just out of interest, how many regular posters and readers are there?

230-300 active users, 14,805 registered :puzzledsmiley:

230-300 active users, 14,805 registered :puzzledsmiley:

So if we all did a standing order for £1.00 a month, the site would more than pay for itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if we all did a standing order for £1.00 a month, the site would more than pay for itself.

Folk are doing that but pretty much aye.

Met plenty of really sound folk because of this site, would be a real shame if it did close.

Absolutely not. I was among the handful of Hibernian supporters who took the steps to establish the Bounce back in 1992.
Good contributors have come and gone. A few of the best have left us and this world forever.

Financial support for the Bounce will continue in appreciation of what you are and do. Last year and the year before the largest HSA branch with over 500 members, St. Patrick's Branch of the Hibernian Supporters Association, have contributed two months of the Bounce's annual running costs, unanimously.
Next year will be no exception.

While I'm worth my room on this earth
the Bounce be with you.

BIG G

I use the Bounce for GHC in the main, don’t really venture into the Cowshed etc all that much.

I’ve never used .net, and don’t think I would if the Bounce closed.

Absolutely not. I was among the handful of Hibernian supporters who took the steps to establish the Bounce back in 1992.
Good contributors have come and gone. A few of the best have left us and this world forever.

Financial support for the Bounce will continue in appreciation of what you are and do. Last year and the year before the largest HSA branch with over 500 members, St. Patrick's Branch of the Hibernian Supporters Association, have contributed two months of the Bounce's annual running costs, unanimously.
Next year will be no exception.

While I'm worth my room on this earth
the Bounce be with you.

BIG G
You can donate as much as you want but if you keep up the petty bitchy comments to posters who have a different opinion to you all you will do is drive folk away and your forum will be finished.

This thread has been viewed 7317 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back