Time to close the bounce down? (1 Viewer)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
I still struggle to get my head round the move from desktops and laptops to phones and the resulting impact on message boards. I hate typing long posts and the mistakes I make on my phone.

Still love the bounce though after all these years, and whilst I’m fairly active on Twitter and not so active on Facebook you still get the best hibs chat and discussion on the bounce

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Rightly or wrongly I love the Bounce.
And nearly all the Bouncers.
Apart from you ya ****. You know who you are.
Yes. You.

I’ve made very few friends on here, and both of them are fannies to be honest. However it’s a magnet for Hibs mad folk, mad folk, and world wide good guys.
I’m sorry to say I think it is withering but I hope it outlasts me.
After that I don’t give a fcuk and you can all twatter yourselves into wee sticky piles of er....... Twatterstuff.

I’m old school and although this is from my iPhone I still use a PC much of the time so I’ve gone from being ahead of the game with my home pc in the ‘90’s to er..... still having a PC in present times.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Electric Beach Joe

Bounced Out!
Reaction score
The first i knew about Lennny's interview this afternoon was when i looked at the Net and saw 3 full pages of comment and debate. I then checked on here to see what folk were saying and there was not a single thread about it. Not one, it was like the interview had never happened. A few weeks ago i started a thread about an article in The Scotsman about David Duff and David Rowland. I never got a single reply..I started the same thread on the net and got over 50 replies. That's just two examples of how folk just dont seem to bother posting here now.

Reactions: moathibby
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
The first i knew about Lennny's interview this afternoon was when i looked at the Net and saw 3 full pages of comment and debate. I then checked on here to see what folk were saying and there was not a single thread about it. Not one, it was like the interview had never happened. A few weeks ago i started a thread about an article in The Scotsman about David Duff and David Rowland. I never got a single reply..I started the same thread on the net and got over 50 replies. That's just two examples of how folk just dont seem to bother posting here now.
You do, however if you change your mind. Ta ta.

BIG G

Reactions: joethehibby
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
I'd hate to lose the bounce.
I barely use facebook, it's for browsing and using messenger for me.
Don't use twitter, instagram etc.
Got outed and chased away as a Gunt on The Bounce years ago not long after I stole my mums account on here, so I haven't even so much as looked at that site since.

I go through spells of either being overly involved here or barely active. Just my up and down ways.
Not very good at starting conversation. Great at finding people I disagree with though :giggle

Some good posts above in here.
I hope we survive, I'll try get back involved more.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SuperTortolano

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
You do, however if you change your mind. Ta ta.

BIG G
It's snidey posts like this that turn folks away. There's been a number of times I've thought about chucking this place due to snidey remarks and the likes. Let's not kid ourselves, many a bouncer has left due to it.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Rightly or wrongly I love the Bounce.
And nearly all the Bouncers.
Apart from you ya ****. You know who you are.
Yes. You.

I’ve made very few friends on here, and both of them are fannies to be honest. However it’s a magnet for Hibs mad folk, mad folk, and world wide good guys.
I’m sorry to say I think it is withering but I hope it outlasts me.
After that I don’t give a fcuk and you can all twatter yourselves into wee sticky piles of er....... Twatterstuff.

I’m old school and although this is from my iPhone I still use a PC much of the time so I’ve gone from being ahead of the game with my home pc in the ‘90’s to er..... still having a PC in present times.
I'm fairly sure I am quite a bit younger than you Sir Shrink....and I still use a PC at home for all my posting and stuff !

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chris G Whyte

Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Tend to agree a touch althou the prob with twitter/fb and the like it tends not to be long thread based.

Like a one hit and run off into the distance kinda thing.
Aye, that's pretty much true. The reality is that 'conversations' are notoriously difficult to have via social media - they weren't designed for that.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Fritz

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
Definitely not the traffic that used to be on here , i like to think i've contributed financially pretty well (fiver a month for fuck knows how long) More people posting won't help pay server costs etc but folk paying a few quid a month will . If the likes of @HATTIE can pull himself away from arguing with every bastard on Twitter for five minutes we might get back to where we once were poster wise .
I've made some great friends on here and would be happy to make a few more , come on guys and contribute a wee bit . We all know how much we actually care about each other when push comes to shove
:lauff:

Reactions: Forzahibs
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
I never get a serious convo on here:rascal:, but I cannae get any kind of convo at all on Taliban so here I’ll stay.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Bofahibee

Flag Owner
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
No. I’d be gutted. For folk like me who are the other end of these islands most of the time, this place keeps me firmly anchored to the club I love - especially on the weekends when I can’t get up or down for a match (which this season there have been a fair few).

Never been on The Bounce

Just out of interest, how many regular posters and readers are there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

JFTB

Radge Admin
Administrator
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
And you wonder why this forum is dying when that is the attitude of the admin.
We will never die as long as the funds are there, if we die it will be lack of funds, so its pretty much down tae the generous users that the bounce is alive and kicking.

Just out of interest, how many regular posters and readers are there?
230-300 active users, 14,805 registered :puzzledsmiley:

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Bofahibee

Flag Owner
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
230-300 active users, 14,805 registered :puzzledsmiley:
So if we all did a standing order for £1.00 a month, the site would more than pay for itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: hoppy/hibee.
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

southfieldhibby

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Reaction score
Met plenty of really sound folk because of this site, would be a real shame if it did close.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
Absolutely not. I was among the handful of Hibernian supporters who took the steps to establish the Bounce back in 1992.
Good contributors have come and gone. A few of the best have left us and this world forever.

Financial support for the Bounce will continue in appreciation of what you are and do. Last year and the year before the largest HSA branch with over 500 members, St. Patrick's Branch of the Hibernian Supporters Association, have contributed two months of the Bounce's annual running costs, unanimously.
Next year will be no exception.

While I'm worth my room on this earth
the Bounce be with you.

BIG G

Reactions: Hammi and Jamie
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
I use the Bounce for GHC in the main, don’t really venture into the Cowshed etc all that much.

I’ve never used The Bounce, and don’t think I would if the Bounce closed.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Electric Beach Joe

Bounced Out!
Reaction score
Absolutely not. I was among the handful of Hibernian supporters who took the steps to establish the Bounce back in 1992.
Good contributors have come and gone. A few of the best have left us and this world forever.

Financial support for the Bounce will continue in appreciation of what you are and do. Last year and the year before the largest HSA branch with over 500 members, St. Patrick's Branch of the Hibernian Supporters Association, have contributed two months of the Bounce's annual running costs, unanimously.
Next year will be no exception.

While I'm worth my room on this earth
the Bounce be with you.

BIG G
You can donate as much as you want but if you keep up the petty bitchy comments to posters who have a different opinion to you all you will do is drive folk away and your forum will be finished.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel
HELP US BY CLICKING THE ADS