Time to close the bounce down? (1 Viewer)

Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
Sorry to wake you all up, but lets be honest, its dead here. This costs us money, often our own or kind hearted sponsors? Why bother, most of you offer nothing at all nowadays. Is it time to give up and every one can post on the other Hibs website when they can bve arsed or are annoyed about something? Just asking like?

Last edited:
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

jock3

Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
we can't let the Bounce die please. If by the other site, you mean Hibs.net it hasn't anywhere near the interest as it has on here for me. To be honest it hasn't been the same since we stopped the Just Backs. Or...… is it because society is becoming more and more transparent..... discuss

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

hibeesbounceross

Since 1875
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi Mark,

Here’s my two cents:

I have been on the Bounce 2004, when I was 14 at the time. Through the Bounce, I’ve met some friends for life and have had countless days/nights out and trips that wouldn’t have happened without this forum.

Personally, I’ve never clicked with the new upgrade. Much preferred the old style. This is a personal choice.

I also think the Bounce has lost some of the “originals” that I used to love seeing post. Not sure what’s happened there, or if they’ve just outgrown the site.

Social media in general is changing, with apps like WhatsApp making it quicker and easier to communicate to large groups of people. This will no doubt be impacting activity as folk take the conversation elsewhere.

I am not a frequent poster; however I view the Bounce on my mobile at least 6-7 times a day. When I wake up, throughout work and also at night when home. Mainly focussed on GHC and occasionally The Cowshed.

I would hate to see the Bounce go for the reasons above. I appreciate it costs money and a very small group of people need thanked and praised for keeping this going for so long - I know there’s a lot of unseen work that some wont appreciate!

Your post has given me a kick up the arse and a reminder that we all play a part, infact no, have a duty to make this an interesting source of Hibs related content for all to read. I’ll be posting more as a result.

Long live the Bounce...

PS - bring back Just Back!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

HATTIE

Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
Agree Ross, i still click on and read it all the time, I clearly dont post as much as i used to, probably, in fact definitely due to the likes of whstsapp and Twitter on my part. But id hate to see it go, met so many great people on here, christ my career now is down to friends from here, very good friends for life now.
Had some great days, nights and trips abroad with them, even a 3 week holiday to florida with 18 of us, all having met through the bounce....times are changing but lets hope the bounce keeps going.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
I have no interest in Twitter or any other social media pish that there is out there. However I have always enjoyed posting on the Bounce and even more so reading other Hibs fans thoughts on everything to do with the club and of course the debates and discussions on the Cowshed which has been an education for me over the years. It's noticeable that several stalwarts of the Bounce have either stopped posting at all or very rarely. This is a big shame and to be honest I cannot understand for the life of me why they would choose to discuss Hibs matters on other sites or other areas but I suppose they have their own reasons. I for one will continue to post regularly on the Bounce and express my opinions on various subjects. I would hate to see this great Hibs fans website disappear.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Jamie

Staff member
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
I would say no M.

We do need more users posting including myself.

So with that what would folk like to see.

I take on board Ross"s comments bout the old layout but that had problems that answers could just not be answered. This new software hasnt to my knowledge had any those stooping security token errors.

Its a better mobile style imo and layout imo looks better. Just case of folk getting used to it.

When the bounce upgraded to vbulletin folk were the same.

There are a lot of features and we are trying to get it more social based. With the likes and trending.

GGTTB

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Definitely not the traffic that used to be on here , i like to think i've contributed financially pretty well (fiver a month for fuck knows how long) More people posting won't help pay server costs etc but folk paying a few quid a month will . If the likes of @HATTIE can pull himself away from arguing with every bastard on Twitter for five minutes we might get back to where we once were poster wise .
I've made some great friends on here and would be happy to make a few more , come on guys and contribute a wee bit . We all know how much we actually care about each other when push comes to shove

Reactions: Tatie and Hammi
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

tricky

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Sorry to wake you all up, but lets be honest, its dead here. This costs us money, often our own or kind hearted sponsors? Why bother, most of you offer nothing at all nowadays. Is it time to give up and every one can post on the other Hibs website when they can bve arsed or are annoyed about something/ Just asking like?
Post on hibs.net? Fuck that.

Very much hope the site will survive don’t mind if it’s quiet now and again, egb a big miss admittedly.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

HATTIE

Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
Definitely not the traffic that used to be on here , i like to think i've contributed financially pretty well (fiver a month for fuck knows how long) More people posting won't help pay server costs etc but folk paying a few quid a month will . If the likes of @HATTIE can pull himself away from arguing with every bastard on Twitter for five minutes we might get back to where we once were poster wise .
I've made some great friends on here and would be happy to make a few more , come on guys and contribute a wee bit . We all know how much we actually care about each other when push comes to shove
:grrr:
:lauff:
A bit to and froing with huns etc us rather humourus at times, just canny help myself :grinning-smiley-045:

Reactions: Forzahibs
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Jamie

Staff member
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SuperTortolano

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Yes, would that help do ya reckon?
I think it might help. It would give them an identity and the option to post. As a guest they might feel like chiming in, but then not be arsed with signing up. Also might bring a few fans from other clubs in. I'm sure there were probably a lot of Villa fans checking us out when McGinn was sold.

Reactions: Jamie
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chris G Whyte

Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I've explained why I contribute much less, but...

The reality is that forums, in general, are losing much of their impact as time moves on. As more and more move themselves to the social media that a great many of us dislike, they're not saying they hate forums; they're simply (and possibly sadly) accepting that social media is now where the majority of people are ending up. Twitter, as an example, is a media construct that groups people of general views and that creates a community that is largely agreeable. Whether or not this is deliberate, my own stance is that it's causing a much less widely understandable community because people get and develop their views from people that are only capable of interpreting things in one way.

There are exceptions, of course there are, but look at follow and followed groups.

Alas, that's where youngsters are landing. It's where they're developing their online abilities to share their commentary because it's faster, spreads more, and is more widely supported. Even more, it's where their phones and tablets find things the easiest which means they're connected when they're on the bus or in the car.

I still adore this community, because I have a great deal of time for the people... Some in particular.

It's just forums in general that I don't think have that much longer.

Reactions: 1875
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Jamie

Staff member
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
I think it might help. It would give them an identity and the option to post. As a guest they might feel like chiming in, but then not be arsed with signing up. Also might bring a few fans from other clubs in. I'm sure there were probably a lot of Villa fans checking us out when McGinn was sold.
No a bad idea tbh.

Lets try it with GHC and GFC and Cowshed.

EDIT : Done, can view the node and the thread list but not the content. Must login to view.

Lets try that.

Last edited:
Reactions: SuperTortolano
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score

The reality is that forums, in general, are losing much of their impact as time moves on. As more and more move themselves to the social media that a great many of us dislike, they're not saying they hate forums; they're simply (and possibly sadly) accepting that social media is now where the majority of people are ending up. Twitter, as an example, is a media construct that groups people of general views and that creates a community that is largely agreeable. Whether or not this is deliberate, my own stance is that it's causing a much less widely understandable community because people get and develop their views from people that are only capable of interpreting things in one way.

There are exceptions, of course there are, but look at follow and followed groups.

Alas, that's where youngsters are landing. It's where they're developing their online abilities to share their commentary because it's faster, spreads more, and is more widely supported. Even more, it's where their phones and tablets find things the easiest which means they're connected when they're on the bus or in the car.

I still adore this community, because I have a great deal of time for the people... Some in particular.

Not sure if you're saying its the "instant" thing of FB & Twitter but if you are then I agree

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Jamie

Staff member
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com

Tend to agree a touch althou the prob with twitter/fb and the like it tends not to be long thread based.

Like a one hit and run off into the distance kinda thing.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Braehead Cabbage

Baldy radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
my life would be sadder without the Bounce,i contribute financially and post,admittedly less than i previously did but still try.
M,going by your post in another thread are you the only admin left?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

1875steve

Postie Radge
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Website
WWW.HIBERNIAN-MAD.CO.UK
My thoughts on things.

I think twitter and the likes have destroyed messageboards, people seem to want that instant reaction thing.

I've been involved with Hibernian-Mad now since 2002.

When myself and Brian took over it was dead, we managed to get the place thriving. albeit we had to let posters of other clubs get involved, i can't remember the numbers, but it went insane. we were turning anything from 5-20 pages a day, and 1,000's of posts.

Twitter arrived and it started to tail off, now?? it's dead.

I solely run it now, try my best to get the board more active but there's only so much you can do.

As someone has already stated maybe letting posters of other club's/floaters post as guests will help.

Also maybe getting yer numerous flags out more often would help? a constant presence to remind folk you exist??

I remember always seeing at least one at the games?? the famous five yin? harp yin??? now not as much.

Ive not been around, il try my best to be more active from now on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1875 and Jamie
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Two Headed Boy

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
It would be a shame but I can understand the sentiment from the folks running the place, it must be tough.

I've considered switching over, or at least having an account on both sites for a wee while... Never have though. It'd be like cheating.

I think the problem is just low numbers really. Hibs related threads usually have a good amount of interaction and discussion because we are all interested, but the Cowshed is dead now, nothing esoteric, quirky or controversial flies anymore because there aren't enough enough opinions.

Do you put any dosh into the Facebook account btw? Boosting your Facebook posts with a 1 mile radius of Easter Road on a match day would be cheap as chips (a couple of quid would cover it) and you'll get every Hibs fan checking their phone that afternoon seeing your content.

Reactions: GORDONSMITH7
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Jamie

Staff member
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
Do you put any dosh into the Facebook account btw? Boosting your Facebook posts with a 1 mile radius of Easter Road on a match day would be cheap as chips (a couple of quid would cover it) and you'll get every Hibs fan checking their phone that afternoon seeing your content.
No but we will look into that. No a bad idea mate.

Thank you

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel
HELP US BY CLICKING THE ADS