• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

This seasons points target

I think we would have (referee allowing) had a decent chance of taking 4 or 6 points if we'd got them early doors, and I still think we will do the The Huns but the Smellies are getting their act together, Griffiths is scoring freely again and the Gunts are always difficult at the PBS.

Here's hoping though.

To be honest, I'm NEVER confident at Swinecastle - even at the 0-7 game, before we scored I thought we may get beaten, although I was feeling a bit cheerier by half time.

Unless my memory is letting me down, we could have been at least one down before the goals started raining in.

Unless my memory is letting me down, we could have been at least one down before the goals started raining in.

That's my recollection Dub.

I think our visit across the city later this month is pretty huge. They've obviously improved and last season we didn't impress on three visits. We got suckered into their game and didn't play ours. I hope we've got a fully fit Marciano, Gray, Ambrose, Hanlon, McGregor, Porteous, Stevenson, Milligan, Bartlay & Kamberi to choose from. All proper men who will relish it.

I think our visit across the city later this month is pretty huge. They've obviously improved and last season we didn't impress on three visits. We got suckered into their game and didn't play ours. I hope we've got a fully fit Marciano, Gray, Ambrose, Hanlon, McGregor, Porteous, Stevenson, Milligan, Bartlay & Kamberi to choose from. All proper men who will relish it.

I've calmed down about our goalie now - he was truly awful at the start of his Hibs career but he's won me over by commanding his box and pulling off a few truly worldy saves. I'd be happy with him OR Rocky now.
The rest will indeed be valuable - and not playing Marv last time was an error - although he may not be as crucial this time around with Spike playing.

There was an interesting table of points floating around Twitter the other week and it was both Hibs and Kilmarnock who have collected most points in the league since the turn of the year. I know it's going over two seasons but Livi aside we have started very strongly. Like every Hibby I just hope it'll continue on and with more games we'll hopefully put games to bed early doors.

Another three points to the good

We have to win more away games than we did last season...far too many draws on the road. We also cannot afford home defeats to the likes of Hamilton and St Johnstone. Easter Road has to be our fortress next season with teams bricking it when due to play there.
I think Hamilton will be bricking it big style next time!

Updated after Saturday, and we lose a point against last season. Still 6 points up overall going into the last game of the first 11 games against Hearts (and without having played Rangers at home - which is a free hit after losing the corresponding fixture last season.

I’ll update this tonight and I still think we’re ahead of last season but we’ve not taken advantage of some free hits.

It’s a diabolical run of fixtures though - parkhead, tynecastle and Pittodrie in quick succession.

So we’re 8th, which must be lower than last season given we were never out of the top 6. But we’re only 8 points off the top, which I think we’d have been further off at this point last season. Strange old lesgue this year.

So we’re 8th, which must be lower than last season given we were never out of the top 6. But we’re only 8 points off the top, which I think we’d have been further off at this point last season. Strange old lesgue this year.
I don't ever get too bothered about league positions at this stage of the season. If we were 8th come April/May I would be worried but that won't happen. I still think we will be challenging for third place along with Hearts come the end of the season.

I don't ever get too bothered about league positions at this stage of the season. If we were 8th come April/May I would be worried but that won't happen. I still think we will be challenging for third place along with Hearts come the end of the season.

It is still far too early in the season to be overly concerned about league positions. We’ve a number of tough games before the winter break, and can’t fall allow ourselves to fall too far behind those above us, or any chance of a top 4 finish will be slim.

As was the case last season, the transfer business done in January will have a significant impact on our season as a whole.

Hibs, along with Aberdeen & St. Johnstone, seem to be very streaky in their form - as in it’s either a good run or a poor run, no inbetween. Rangers are very inconsistent. Hearts & Kilmarnock appear to be more consistent than the rest so far.

I’m not factoring in Celtic as, despite a slow start, they will pull away at the top.

Even if our points tally is around the same or slightly better than last year, we're still 8th in the league. 8 behind Hearts, 6 behind Kilmarnock, 5 behind St Johnstone and a point behind Livingston. Behind St Johnstone and Livingston after 12 games???? That can't be seen as reasonable.

We have decent individual players (midfield is a bit dodgy though), but it's worrying that our only wins have been against the bottom four drivel and one against Kilmarnock.

This winning mentality that Lennon installed into us the previous two years, it needs brought back after the international break.

It is still far too early in the season to be overly concerned about league positions. We’ve a number of tough games before the winter break, and can’t fall allow ourselves to fall too far behind those above us, or any chance of a top 4 finish will be slim.

As was the case last season, the transfer business done in January will have a significant impact on our season as a whole.

Hibs, along with Aberdeen & St. Johnstone, seem to be very streaky in their form - as in it’s either a good run or a poor run, no inbetween. Rangers are very inconsistent. Hearts & Kilmarnock appear to be more consistent than the rest so far.

I’m not factoring in Celtic as, despite a slow start, they will pull away at the top.
Gunts are now consistently gash

Gunts are now consistently gash

You’re right, I hadn’t really noticed how poor their form was until I say they’d only taken 7 points from their last 6 games (same as us), and of course they were also pumped out the League Cup.

When we were second it was a false position. We are not that good the same way as being 8th is false because we are better than that. In reality this season we are a mid table 5th or 6th place team. Our midfield is just too week at the moment to sustain any sort of challenge and having one good striker on the books is a huge hinderance as well. In January it’s imperative we bolster the midfield with somebody who won’t get blown over by a gust of wind and we need a partner for Kamberri. You can’t expect him to carry McClaren on his back all season.

3 points to the good after today - with a free hit on Wednesday

I'll post up a full list, but if our aim is to match or better last seasons points tally of 67 then this is what we have to match game by game from last seasons corresponding fixtures. There's definitely a bit potential from our opening games.

Team

Game

Last Season

This Season

Motherwell

2-2

3-0

St Johnstone

1-1

1-1

Aberdeen

0-1

1-1

Livingston(Partick)

1-0

1-2

Kilmarnock

1-1

3-2

Dundee

1-1

3-0

St Mirren (Ross County

1-0

1-0

Hamilton

1-3

6-0

Celtic

2-2

2-4

Rangers

1-2

Hearts

0-0

0-0

St Johnstone

1-2

0-1

Aberdeen

1-4

0-1

Dundee

2-1

2-2

Kilmarnock

3-0

0-3

St Mirren (Ross County)

2-1

2-2

Hamilton

1-1

1-0

Celtic

2-2

2-0

Totals

26 (plus 14) & (Minus 11) = 3 Points Ahead

4 points ahead?

Was 22 now 26.

Injuries will decide where we finish up . Couple of signings and fewer injuries , no reason 2nd is beyond us

4 points ahead?

Was 22 now 26.

Sorry last seasons running total should be 23 - I’ll fix it tonight

I'll post up a full list, but if our aim is to match or better last seasons points tally of 67 then this is what we have to match game by game from last seasons corresponding fixtures. There's definitely a bit potential from our opening games.

Team

Game

Last Season

This Season

Motherwell

2-2

3-0

St Johnstone

1-1

1-1

Aberdeen

0-1

1-1

Livingston(Partick)

1-0

1-2

Kilmarnock

1-1

3-2

Dundee

1-1

3-0

St Mirren (Ross County

1-0

1-0

Hamilton

1-3

6-0

Celtic

2-2

2-4

Rangers

1-2

0-0

Hearts

0-0

0-0

St Johnstone

1-2

0-1

Aberdeen

1-4

0-1

Dundee

2-1

2-2

Kilmarnock

3-0

0-3

St Mirren (Ross County)

2-1

2-2

Hamilton

1-1

1-0

Celtic

2-2

2-0

Totals

27(plus 15) & (Minus 11) = 4 Points Ahead

Updated again - I think we took 9 points from the upcoming 3 fixtures - I think that might be a tall ask

Updated again - I think we took 9 points from the upcoming 3 fixtures - I think that might be a tall ask
I think so too. 6 points isn't too ambitious which puts us a point ahead of last season I think? Not bad, given the run we had.

This thread is excellent btw, very good reference.

How are things looking now?

I have set P&G another statistical task too, he might be busy. :lookaround:

After today game by game we're 4 points down on last season game for game. Given the players we have lost, and the injuries we have had I think the hysteria is completely out of proportion.

I'll update when I get the chance.

After today game by game we're 4 points down on last season game for game. Given the players we have lost, and the injuries we have had I think the hysteria is completely out of proportion.

4 points isn't too bad, but our season last year pretty much took off from here... lets hope we've got the same reaction this year.

I'd caution that the first half of last season wasn't great. We were not converting dominance into goals and wins. The January window last season addressed that. First half of this season has again been similar. Great to get three goals yesterday but I'm not convinced we've yet got the firepower to get close to our second half of last season. Recruitment still vital in the next few days IMO.

What position in the league were we?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll take a stab at 6th?

Quite a turnaround recently now -7 but anything we take from Parkhead will reduce that.

Team

Game

Last Season

This Season

Motherwell

2-2

3-0

St Johnstone

1-1

1-1

Aberdeen

0-1

1-1

Livingston(Partick)

1-0

1-2

Kilmarnock

1-1

3-2

Dundee

1-1

3-0

St Mirren (Ross County

1-0

1-0

Hamilton

1-3

6-0

Celtic

2-2

2-4

Rangers

1-2

0-0

Hearts

0-0

0-0

St Johnstone

1-2

0-1

Aberdeen

1-4

0-1

Dundee

2-1

2-2

Kilmarnock

3-0

0-3

St Mirren (Ross County)

2-1

2-2

Hamilton

1-1

1-0

Celtic

2-2

2-0

Livingston193-131-11
Rangers203-231-11
Hearts211-030-10
Motherwell221-030-10
St Mirren231-113-13
Aberdeen242-031-20
Celtic250-10

Totals

32(plus 17) & (Minus 24) = -7 Points Ahead

Quite a turnaround recently now -7 but anything we take from Parkhead will reduce that.

Fixture 19 to 24 equivalent was some run last year.

3 points tomorrow to keep the flip flop rollercoaster rolling.

4th, but a different league as we were clear of 5th but distanced from 3rd.

This thread has been viewed 8994 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back