• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

This seasons points target

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
I'll post up a full list, but if our aim is to match or better last seasons points tally of 67 then this is what we have to match game by game from last seasons corresponding fixtures. There's definitely a bit potential from our opening games.

Team

Game

Last Season

This Season

Motherwell

2-2

3-0

St Johnstone

1-1

1-1

Aberdeen

0-1

1-1

Livingston(Partick)

1-0

1-2

Kilmarnock

1-1

3-2

Dundee

1-1

3-0

St Mirren (Ross County

1-0

1-0

Hamilton

1-3

6-0

Celtic

2-2

2-4

Huns

1-2

0-0

Gunts

0-0

0-0

St Johnstone

1-2

0-1

Aberdeen

1-4

0-1

Dundee

2-1

2-2

Kilmarnock

3-0

0-3

St Mirren (Ross County)

2-1

2-2

Hamilton

1-1

1-0

Celtic

2-2

2-0

Livingston193-131-11
Huns203-231-11
Gunts211-030-10
Motherwell221-030-10
St Mirren231-113-13
Aberdeen242-031-20
Celtic250-10

Totals

32(plus 17) & (Minus 24) = -7 Points Ahead

Last edited:

Weehibbydrew

Mussel-bound Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Had forgotten quite how unspectacular our start to last season was.

SKII

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Sunday will be telling. The bogey team from last year.

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
We have to win more away games than we did last season...far too many draws on the road. We also cannot afford home defeats to the likes of Hamilton and St Johnstone. Easter Road has to be our fortress next season with teams bricking it when due to play there.

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Gunts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
A robust start to this season and I think 2nd place is entirely possible.

BIG G

Two Headed Boy

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Sunday will be telling. The bogey team from last year.
They looked utterly honking against Killie if the Sporscene highlights were a true reflection of the game.

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I'll post up a full list, but if our aim is to match or better last seasons points tally of 67 then this is what we have to match game by game from last seasons corresponding fixtures. There's definitely a bit potential from our opening games.

Team
u
Game

Last Season

This Season

Motherwell

2-2

3-0

St Johnstone

1-1

Aberdeen

0-1

Livingston(Partick)

1-0

Kilmarnock

1-1

Dundee

1-1

St Mirren (Ross County

1-0

Hamilton

1-3

Totals

Dunno what happened to yiour totals field for the points last year but I make it 10 not 8?

paigntonhibby

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
What we need is every team, including the jumbos, taking as many points as poss off the bigot brothers and 1st widnae be out of reach

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
You're right. I'll need to work at this counting malarkey.
Forgot to say this was a very revealing data view (was also surprised how few pts we picked up early on) and it would be great if you intend to carry it on through the season?

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Forgot to say this was a very revealing data view (was also surprised how few pts we picked up early on) and it would be great if you intend to carry it on through the season?
I will - I’ve got the full list in a spreadsheet along with a few other stat goodies.

I’ll try to preview every game with a brief history too.

jock3

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
I think I said our form towards the latter end of last season was that of champions. This season I'd like us to be more ruthless against the lesser teams especially at Easter Road, do better against the anti-football at Tynecastle and maybe look at some game management. For instance we were far better than Motherwell last Sunday but nearly let them in the back door at the end.

Last edited:

Power

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Nice one B. Great insight.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
I think I'll graph this too.

It's maybe not clear but the games I'm marking it against the corresponding fixtures versus the teams, that is, our first home game last season was v Partick (3-1) which will be inherited by Livingston, but I've marked our points against our first home game with Motherwell which finished 2-2 as I recall we were 2-0 up before getting pegged back.

I'll try and add in stuff over the season like points lost from winning and points gained from losing :- that's probably going to be relatively key to progress this term.

I'll try and do an 11 game split for the first 33 games - I think we'll see then how we racked up points at certain times.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
I’ll do it for Huns/Celtic/Aberdeen/Kilmarnock/Gunts.

Champions league beckons for Gunts on the back of matching two results they did last season as far as I can tell.

Meanwhile 3 points today for us would be more than we took off st j last season in 3 games. A veritable jinx side as @SKII said.

SKII

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Meanwhile 3 points today for us would be more than we took off st j last season in 3 games. A veritable jinx side as @SKII said.
Awwww ffs...

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Awwww ffs...
Funny they mentioned this on the radio before the game and I believe it irked Lennon.

I don’t think it’s a jinx - and it’s a comeback point - I think we might have a couple of off days in our first half dozen games as the new signings become established.

Also have the benefit of a fortnight break until our next league game but it’s a tough one!

SKII

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Funny they mentioned this on the radio before the game and I believe it irked Lennon.

I don’t think it’s a jinx - and it’s a comeback point - I think we might have a couple of off days in our first half dozen games as the new signings become established.

Also have the benefit of a fortnight break until our next league game but it’s a tough one!
There's no break. We play Ross Co next weekend...

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
There's no break. We play Ross Co next weekend...
Sorry I meant a fortnight break from league action - I think we’ll see a couple of changes next Sunday with a view to getting some game time for certain squad members. Especially if we might progress on Thursday....

Hamilton v Hibs

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel