This season is done... What about next? (1 Viewer)

Two Headed Boy

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
It is a bit deflating to end the season on a couple of dead rubbers but I'm cautiously optimistic for next season.

I think we have the core or a decent side and a manager who will get results.

I like Heckys style and set up so, assuming he sticks with that, Id like to see the following start next season

Rocky
SDG Daz Hanlon Lewy
Mallan
Horgan Omeonga New Left Winger
Allan
New Striker

Subs:
Kamberi
New Striker
Boyle
Milligan
Porteous
New Right Back
New Keeper

All the loans can go home other than Omeonga.

I think Mallan - Omeonga - Allan can be as effective a spine as Dylan - SJM - Allan. Also, with wingers either side the new trio would have more options than the previous bunch did playing with fullbacks. I was previously sceptical about Mallan taking the "Dylan role" but he's looked far more composed making the transition from playing deep to attacking on the counter recently.

Boyle could probably oust Horgan from the RW position when he is back, but if not his pace would make him a wonder sub.

Obviously a five man midfield means losing a striker and we do not have a lone striker at the club so a good one needs bought. McNulty is not consistent enough for this responsibility - he never has been at any club.

I still think Shaw, Murray and Mackie have promise but a loan spell in the Championship would do them the world of good. I doubt we could rely on them in an injury crisis.

I don't see enough of the development squad to say if anyone like Block, Galantes, Dabrowski etc... are ready to make the bench?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hibee Kev
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
For me Boyle and probably Porteous have to start (don’t ask me who for that’s Hecky’s job!) But they are arguably our 2 most valuable players and it’s shame we’ve been without them for most of the season.

Agree we need a new striker, as someone else suggested recently Moult would be a good shout not sure if he’s a realistic target for us?

Rocky
SDG Daz Porteous Stevenson
New Signing Allan
Boyle Mallan Horgan
Moult/New Signing

Last edited:
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Flag Owner
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Reaction score
Def need at least one striker, but I would welcome improvements in any areas. Goalie looks safe

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Considering your list of players? Boyle is more than good enough to start on our right wing, and better at it than Horgan, who prefers the other side.
Another winger of course would be welcome.

Do you think we'll have Omeonga next season? That would be a treat, but hes got some quality, Genoa have a decent market to offer him into if that's their plans for him.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SuperTortolano

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Been banging on about it for years, we NEED a proper target man. In this league there are times you have to go long, we try it now, but McNulty and Flo aren't target men. Would love to see Moult or similar sign.

Reactions: Greenmachine
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

bigmanandy

Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Boyle has been poor since his call ups to Australia so I hope he comes back better this time round

Reactions: MSG_07
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

hoppy/hibee.

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Been banging on about it for years, we NEED a proper target man. In this league there are times you have to go long, we try it now, but McNulty and Flo aren't target men. Would love to see Moult or similar sign.
What about getting jase back he is just rotten away down south...
What do you,s think. GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SuperTortolano

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
What about getting jase back he is just rotten away down south...
What do you,s think. GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd take Jase back, great goal scorer, just not a target man though. We desperatley need a player up top that the ball sticks to when going long.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Cabbageman

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Strange feeling going into the last couple of games with nothing to play for :unsure: though I'm glad we've managed to get through a cagey season full of setbacks and will go into preseason in relatively good shape with important players coming back from injury and Allan returning. The board were in danger of a major fuckup after the NL debacle but so far PHB looks like a safe appointment with a good bit of potential so I'm quite optimistic for next season. Onwards and upwards!

Reactions: Power and WJC1848
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Finishing above THEM?
It's weird......................... I'm not really bothered where the Gunts finish, whether it's above or below us.

But.......................... I really want to finish above them because I know it makes the puddledrinkers seethe and Potter will be absolutely raging!

Know what I mean?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Two Headed Boy

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Considering your list of players? Boyle is more than good enough to start on our right wing, and better at it than Horgan, who prefers the other side.
Another winger of course would be welcome.
If that's the case then great. Boyle on one wing and Horgan on the other would cause all sorts of mayhem.

Do you think we'll have Omeonga next season? That would be a treat, but hes got some quality, Genoa have a decent market to offer him into if that's their plans for him.
Hope more that anything. Even if its a loan again.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Leith1975

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Has he played since? Broke his leg on duty. Be a couple games since his first if many surely?
I think he means that he’s been poor since his first call up to Australia. He went away once or twice before the time he got injured. His form during that period wasn’t particularly good.

Reactions: bigmanandy
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Cabbageman

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Finishing above THEM?
I meant in relation to previous seasons (playoffs, promotion, European places) but you're right, that should be enough motivation for them to put in a good performance

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
I would have bitten your hand off for a fifth place finish at New Year time. Heckingbottom has made a big impact since he arrived and we gathered in a fair amount of points in his first month. It is noticeable however that we have struggled for goals big time since the top six games started. Having attended every home game this season and watched several game live on TV, in my honest opinion we are simply not good enough in the final third of the park. Money has to be found from somewhere to improve on our current attacking players (wingers, creative midfielders, strikers) otherwise we will have a similar season next season to this one. A complete lack of pace without Boyle has hampered us big time and I agree with those who say we lack a physical presence up front. I very much hope Boyle has not lost any of his pace and both him and Porteous are ready to come back in fully fit for the start of the season. McNulty has disappointed me in recent weeks after a great start. Like others he has struggled against the better teams. We don't create anywhere near enough clear cut chances in a game and this has to be addressed in the summer by the manager. Fifth place finish given what has happened this season is fine, but it won't be acceptable next season. We have to look to finish above Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and Hearts next season. That has to be our aim, and to establish ourselves as the main challengers to the Old Firm.

Last edited:
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
I would have bitten your hand off for a fifth place finish at New Year time. Heckingbottom has made a big impact since he arrived and we gathered in a fair amount of points in his first month. It is noticeable however that we have struggled for goals big time since the top six games started. Having attended every home game this season and watched several game live on TV, in my honest opinion we are simply not good enough in the final third of the park. Money has to be found from somewhere to improve on our current attacking players (wingers, creative midfielders, strikers) otherwise we will have a similar season next season to this one. A complete lack of pace without Boyle has hampered us big time and I agree with those who say we lack a physical presence up front. I very much hope Boyle has not lost any of his pace and both him and Porteous are ready to come back in fully fit for the start of the season. McNulty has disappointed me in recent weeks after a great start. Like others he has struggled against the better teams. We don't create anywhere near enough clear cut chances in a game and this has to be addressed in the summer by the manager. Fifth place finish given what has happened this season is fine, but it won't be acceptable next season. We have to look to finish above Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and Hearts next season. That has to be our aim, and to establish ourselves as the main challengers to the Old Firm.
Agree with that GM.

Against the better sides we’ve lacked any real cutting edge, the supply & the finishing hasn’t been good enough.

Kamberi thrived last season with Scott Allan playing behind him, I don’t think his poor season this time around is a coincidence - he’s been asked to play as a target man & winger this season, but his best performances came when he was linking up with Allan and getting on the end of through balls. I see no reason why McNulty wouldn’t do so as well.

Shaw needs to be sent out on loan, it’s make or break for him, and we really could do with a proper target man as an alternative, especially when playing the stuffy side.

Boyle & Horgan are good wingers, but we need someone else who can offer an alternative when either of them are injured or not playing well. I’m sure Agyepong was brought in for that reason, and may very well have provided it had he not been injured for so long.

Reactions: WJC1848
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Since he got his first call up I meant.
He took part in 6 games since his first cap from what I can find.
In a period where we played 9 in a month. 24th November, to the 26th of December.
Winning only twice, against Hamilton and Celtic.

The team was poor in that spell, not so much Boyle imo. According to the beeb he played 4 different positions in that time too.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel
HELP US BY CLICKING THE ADS