things that nip yer heid in general

southfieldhibby

Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Oct 12, 2002
EH15
Folk (often middle-aged) over-accessorised for recreational cycling / running. Lycra, cycling “team” jerseys, those big fuck off running socks what are they all about, running gloves, running hats (WTF). You’re likely at best negotiating the Edinburgh cycle path, not participating in Le Tour, ya fanny
Aye, never wear lycra in town on commutes. If you are cycling more than say, 20 miles then lycra padded shorts come into their own. And the tops help because they've got pockets on the back which are handy. I do take delight in nonchalantly cycling past lycra clad merchants in my troosers tucked into my trainers and a massive rucksack on my bag though.

Ronde- the shop in stockbridge- is ground zero for midlife crisis disposable income mamils. £3/4K bikes, £200 cashmere tops and all the other gubbings. They do a Saturday spin down the coast and always come along Great Junction Street. The abuse they get at the lights beside the kirkgate can be very funny.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Registered
Jun 6, 2005
Edinburgh
1) Folk who say goodnight on social media.
2) Folk who say "oh aye I seen that on facebook" or "did you see such n such on faceebook" in conversation.

Power

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Oct 27, 2002
Dhn ideann
As previously mentioned dug shite and particularly in Leith (why?!) Lochend up until last year was especially bad, with usually no fewer than 3 dog turds to navigate per street.

Folk (often middle-aged) over-accessorised for recreational cycling / running. Lycra, cycling “team” jerseys, those big fuck off running socks what are they all about, running gloves, running hats (WTF). You’re likely at best negotiating the Edinburgh cycle path, not participating in Le Tour, ya fanny
Oh you bitch. I wear my lyrca cycling gear to speeden journeys up instead of flapping about like a washing line, anything over 15mph and yer starting to drag. Cycling Musselburgh to Lochgelly, Fife yesterday would've added 20minutes. It's a windy place these parts.

I get where yer coming from though. I'm not in the bracket you quote as I train and race regionally for a club - No issue with the majority looking the part but dinny fly about streets and cycle paths like it is a foreign classic. You'll find me getting more annoyed at cyclists on commutes than any other 'type of travel'.

Aye, never wear lycra in town on commutes. If you are cycling more than say, 20 miles then lycra padded shorts come into their own. And the tops help because they've got pockets on the back which are handy. I do take delight in nonchalantly cycling past lycra clad merchants in my troosers tucked into my trainers and a massive rucksack on my bag though.

Ronde- the shop in stockbridge- is ground zero for midlife crisis disposable income mamils. £3/4K bikes, £200 cashmere tops and all the other gubbings. They do a Saturday spin down the coast and always come along Great Junction Street. The abuse they get at the lights beside the kirkgate can be very funny.
Ronde is a trap for them but there is more 'closed shop' affluent only clubs oot there btw!

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Nov 15, 2005
Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell

Isn't it just. You see them all stopping off at the Cafe or hanging around outside bedecked in lycra.

whiskas

Private Member
Registered
Jul 17, 2007
Edinburgh
Oi, I sort of resemble this remark! To be fair I used to take the mick out the MAMILs but even on my 8 mile commute the getup makes a huge difference and crucially dries quickly and is odour free so I can wear it on the return leg.
Another thing about becoming a MAMIL is all the things you used to laugh at (Lycra,clippy pedals etc) start making sense. Also you find yourself constantly eyeing up upgrades much to your wife’s disgust

southfieldhibby

Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Oct 12, 2002
EH15
Oi, I sort of resemble this remark! To be fair I used to take the mick out the MAMILs but even on my 8 mile commute the getup makes a huge difference and crucially dries quickly and is odour free so I can wear it on the return leg.
Another thing about becoming a MAMIL is all the things you used to laugh at (Lycra,clippy pedals etc) start making sense. Also you find yourself constantly eyeing up upgrades much to your wife’s disgust
I only do Porty-Leith each day, so don't bother with the lycra, just seems excessive. Will wear it if I'm out at the weekend. Same with clip shoes, wear them if I'm going along the coast or whatever, but not to work. Seeing boys- it's usually a bloke- balancing at lights makes me want to push them over. Just unclip ffs!

Know what you mean about upgrading and wifes. I love my bike, it's nothing too fancy, but if I could I'd buy another one. They're like golf clubs, the chances are she'd never even realise if you bought more. If you can hide cash, do it!